Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I say forget about the DP for this year. We're way off playoff pace, what's the point? I would just go with the team we have right now. With all the short term loans, players in and out, we lack consistency in our starting 11. And I don't blame guys for putting in less than 100% while the turnstile is going. If I were Nelsen I would tell the guys we have now they are the team from here out, we have the confidence in them, and go with them. Make the odd change if something presents itself, but stick with these guys now. Look at the DPs for next season.
    All depends on player availability. "Best in the league" class DP's don't grow on trees. If they have a chance To snag a player of that magnitude now, they might as well because you might not have the chance next year. I'd still rather see us build a team up first though.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Oh it fixes TFC all right.
    Fixes price increases.
    Fixes merchandise.
    Fixes ticket renewals.
    Fixes profit margins.

Shame none of that matters to us though........
    This also worries me. I'd likely dump my tickets to avoid the massive price hikes. I also couldn't stand the hordes of celebrity seekers and screaming girls turning up for reasons other than watching TFC.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    This also worries me. I'd likely dump my tickets to avoid the massive price hikes. I also couldn't stand the hordes of celebrity seekers and screaming girls turning up for reasons other than watching TFC.

What really, really, really scares me in the long term is that they may be forced to realize the "die hards" have been treated so badly that even winning doesn't bring them and their wallets back full time.

At that point Tim's mandate goes from winning = $'s to just plain old get the dollars in, which leads to big name donkey's for ticket sales and stupid promotions to fill seats, regardless of what's on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am loving the fact we got someone in charge who thinks big and bold. Mr. Leiweke has my full support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What really, really, really scares me in the long term is that they may be forced to realize the "die hards" have been treated so badly that even winning doesn't bring them and their wallets back full time.

At that point Tim's mandate goes from winning = $'s to just plain old get the dollars in, which leads to big name donkey's for ticket sales and stupid promotions to fill seats, regardless of what's on the field.
    So ala the Jays. They were never going to be competitive this year. Was a marketing ploy to create revenue that they havnt seen in years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has my attention. His actions will decide whether he has my support.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Based on the current on field product & results - this would make going to BMO way better in my books!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss all the pretty tourists in 112

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I miss all the pretty tourists in 112
    They are all at Jays games. In by the 3rd inning. Out by the 8th.

Seriously though, the demographics of a Jays game is a lot healthier for the future of their team then for TFC. Much younger crowd, and far more females. If I was Leiweke and at those two games, I'd be doing a comparison and not looking at the TFC demographics favourably. I'm not sure where that goes, but it is noticeable that the Blue Jays can get 38K on a Friday night for a pretty useless game and TFC can't get 16K for a useless game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think that if TFC starts to have more success, and more quality, the supporters whom are a bit jaded right now will file back into there seats, and the 'Fickle' fans will also return.

My Meaning:

fick·le /ˈfikəl/

Adjective
    Changing frequently, esp. as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I honestly think that if TFC starts to have more success, and more quality, the supporters whom are a bit jaded right now will file back into there seats, and the 'Fickle' fans will also return.

My Meaning:

fick·le /ˈfikəl/

Adjective
    Changing frequently, esp. as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.
    What I would hope is that there is little strife caused when they do come back. I couldn't blame anybody for tuning out after what happened at the start of last year, or the year before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    What I would hope is that there is little strife caused when they do come back. I couldn't blame anybody for tuning out after what happened at the start of last year, or the year before.
    Yep, just takes some serious business on the field, be competitve and give a shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    There is nobody close to Beckham when it comes to being recognized by many.

There is not another player alive that has that kind of pull.

Sooooooo.....Lieweke needs to find somebody that brings a lot of stardom as well as being a great player that can help. There are plenty of those. Either of the two you mentioned would do just fine.
    Dave Kitson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    So ala the Jays. They were never going to be competitive this year. Was a marketing ploy to create revenue that they havnt seen in years.
    Just thought I'd bump your post.............couldn't resist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd bump your post.............couldn't resist.
    love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season still has alot left they will hit there usual august slide. If not hey i'll be happy i am a Jays fan just don't see this team turning around in 1 offseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jays have the talent - they just needed time for the individual units to mesh with the core players from last year. When you think about it, you could say TFC is very similar to the the Jays. The main difference is that KP had no talent and no core to build around from last year except Ecks, Henry, Morgan, Silva and O'Dea. Pretty much everything had to be constructed from scratch and it takes a lot longer for a team to gel than most fans believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The Jays have the talent - they just needed time for the individual units to mesh with the core players from last year. When you think about it, you could say TFC is very similar to the the Jays. The main difference is that KP had no talent and no core to build around from last year except Ecks, Henry, Morgan, Silva and O'Dea. Pretty much everything had to be constructed from scratch and it takes a lot longer for a team to gel than most fans believe.
    Agreed