RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or is the TFC Manager Sees Light At End of Tunnel link broken? It goes to a page, with Nelsen pictured, but it talks about the Niners and the lack of Michael Crabtree...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Is it just me or is the TFC Manager Sees Light At End of Tunnel link broken? It goes to a page, with Nelsen pictured, but it talks about the Niners and the lack of Michael Crabtree...
    You're right, the Sportsnet website is borked. That article was still fine yesterday evening, I already read it, but in the meantime it got messed up on their website. I will send some tweets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Califf presided over a paper thin defence, with a similar record to TFC. . . . were the expectations too high for him and what he could contribute to the squad?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canada game had decent defending for the most part and decent possession in the middle of the pitch I thought but no real offensive threat on goal. Just like watching a TFC game. Good to see the youth last night though. JDG still up to his old tricks with late tackles.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 PM tonight is the final for the Voyageurs Cup. Montreal or Vancouver? I think Vancouver wants it more.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...inal-wednesday
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-29-2013 at 07:36 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    10 PM tonight is the final for the Voyageurs Cup. Montreal or Vancouver? I think Vancouver wants it more.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...inal-wednesday
    Anybody but Montreal!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Although part of me would like to see Vancouver screwed out of winning it - again.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Although part of me would like to see Vancouver screwed out of winning it - again.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Canada game had decent defending for the most part and decent possession in the middle of the pitch I thought but no real offensive threat on goal. Just like watching a TFC game. Good to see the youth last night though. JDG still up to his old tricks with late tackles.
    No not really since Canada had possession and started their passing from the back unlike TFC who like to boot it up the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind watching the Whitecaps. They play a good possession style 4-2-3-1 with a lot of young exciting players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This. After the bitch fest they put up after the 6-1 result in Montreal, I would be so happy to see the Shitecraps futility continue.

... on a more positive side, 1) Impact are playing much better so far this year, and stand a better chance of advancing in the CCL. Continued good results by Canadian teams eventually opens up additional slots in the tournament for us. And 2) I would also rather see our divisional rival get their schedule congested with extra fixtures.