Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/2012-mls-roster-rules

Others probably know more about this than me, but didn't he come here last summer/fall? that gives him half a year at most with our development program, and this clearly says that a player has to be with the club's development program for a year.
    He trained with them before going down to Uruguay, as well, I believe. It might have been enough to constitute a calendar year. Pretty tenuous, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^^^ I would be taking notes form that Uruguay club if I was TFC. Makes me wonder why TFC cant have affiliations with clubs from South America. I would make a lower league club in Chile(1st world country) be used for loans. Not sure if even the PDL is good enough, players can pick up bad habits from lower level leagues here in NA unlike in countries with a more established football culture.
    Yeah, if we look at the club cavalinni plays for for example, it's not the highest level but they are good at developing players. They know how to produce professional footballers down there.

I'd be inclined to look at one or two of the other Canadians in Uruguay right now, they are all GTA kids and may be strong finds. Can't remember name right now but the RB for the u-23 team, that would be an upgrade over Ritcher IMO and just as cheap.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If I am not mistaken didn't the 'moronic' move of not signing him straight to a 1st team contract but rather to the Academy mean that he now receives homegrown status and thusly doesn't count against the cap like the rest of our grads? If that is so then some unbiased people might say that wasn't a stupid move at all.
    He wasn't long enough with TFCA to earn HG status,and on top of that he lost a year stuck with academy instead being with the 1st team where he belong the day he came back from Uruguay.He lost a year in his development thanks to Moron Mariner who fucked up TFC more then MOJO.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/2012-mls-roster-rules

Others probably know more about this than me, but didn't he come here last summer/fall? that gives him half a year at most with our development program, and this clearly says that a player has to be with the club's development program for a year.
    MLS press regularly refer to Osorio as HG player. And according to rules, all players on their first pro contract goes to Superdraft, unless signed through HG program.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    and the reasons for no wins in the last 26 games, all because of our finess and great effort? If we have to lose I'll take losing with 100% effort.. which will of course help us turn the corner eventually.....because the otherside of the coin (been there) is lacklustre effort and no one giving a damn. Or lets give two defenders close to $800,000 and see them bring us some wins. Oops we're doing that now aren't we? Morgan and Henry's combined salary is what?....Henry will learn even though he has never had what you or many would call the highest calibre of coaches esp at the whimsical academy. So ya lets blame a kid, local at that, and of course being from the GTA we all hate locals who try their best don't we.(Dero, JDG) If henry had even the slightest class of training as Ecks or Odea he would be playing overseas............Unfortunately he has to learn on the job and as always it seems you as others love hating our own. Oh and loved the sarcasm......and I guess he should learn to cheat effectively to be a real pro as Macmath and Philly were reckless the whole game and nary a warning....Laba was almost crippled by a disgusting tackle Daniels was late everywhere and then challenging the ref every call...blah blah..thank god Henry and the like where their hearts on their sleeve.......hilarious around here how every one around here think that is an amazing quality for Ecks, Cailiff
    would love to be witty and make a sarcastic comment, but I can't, I have no clue what your point is, except don't post when you're hammered

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    would love to be witty and make a sarcastic comment, but I can't, I have no clue what your point is, except don't post when you're hammered