• Coach

10 27.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Because all you'd get is a Jim Brennan equivalent. I'm not sure that's an improvement. You seem to underestimate how bad things really are. No body wants the job. It's even worse than the Raptors going after Ujiri.
    So it's so bad that we can't attract an experienced coach but its not so bad that we CAN attract one of the most lauded MLS executives?

A man who is supposed to have connections all over Latin and Central America.

Doesn't make much sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    So it's so bad that we can't attract an experienced coach but its not so bad that we CAN attract one of the most lauded MLS executives?

A man who is supposed to have connections all over Latin and Central America.

Doesn't make much sense.
    I don't think MLSE was even looking for Payne, MLSE certainly did not attract him. He is only here because MLS is sick of our joke organization, they persuaded him and MLSE to give him the time to fix our club. I don't think its reasonable to expect any experienced coach to come here, even with Payne's connections.
    Last edited by Richard; 05-30-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You're making it your job by rehashing the debate. The other side is that there are no realistic options right now and the timing isn't right. Which you go on to say yourself in the post above. Criticism on present managing is not the same discussion as replacing him. Feel free to break it down.

And I believe that your question about watching the games is a question concerning a difference of support.
    Where did I say there are no other options? I said I don't know the other options.

And I'm not advocating firing Nelsen. I think he should be given time to implement his plan when he has the players he wants.

I just don't like the idea of having to take it all with a smile right now and not be critical of him when I see things I don't like.

I don't like that he has his keeper hoofing the ball down field on every goal kick.

I don't like that he prefers a midfield with Lambe and hall over guys like silva and Osorio.

I don't like that he has his players taking every throw in in the attacking third as a long throw in to the box.

I don't like that he has O'Dea standing over dead ball situations.

Just because I don't think he should be fired it doesn't mean that I can't be critical of his choices.

I'm waiting to see what style of play he's going to employ when he has the players he wants.

While I wait I ask:

1. Why can't he implement his future style of play now?

2. Is it because he wants to get results now and doesn't think his future style lends itself to his current roster?

3. If he's not getting the results playing this dumbed down style (which he isn't), why can't I be critical of it and why should I be patient and write this season off?

As for the question of support...you're right...and I don't want to question anyone's level of support and I apologise if that's how it came off.

Everyone has their reasons. For me...I'm not interested in rewarding this team with my support in person until I start getting something back In return. It's been a one way street of giving for 7 years for me. It's time for them to give back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I don't like that he has his keeper hoofing the ball down field on every goal kick.

I don't like that he prefers a midfield with Lambe and hall over guys like silva and Osorio.

I don't like that he has his players taking every throw in in the attacking third as a long throw in to the box.

I don't like that he has O'Dea standing over dead ball situations.

100% agree. Even if you have bad players, these are tactical choices that have no place in modern football.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't think MLSE was even looking for Payne, MLSE certainly did not attract him. He is only here because MLS is sick of our joke organization, they persuaded him and MLSE to give him the time to fix our club. I don't think its reasonable to expect any experienced coach to come here, even with Payne's connections.
    Arranged by the MLS FO talking directly with George Cope, CEO of Bell. Anselmi wasn't in on it. Payne is the ultimate MLS insider, having helped set up the league, and was sent here to help fix the mess Anselmi and Mo made. Since the league owns half of each team, and there is extensive revenue-sharing, they have an interest in ensuring that the ship is righted.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto