0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nelsen praises Osorio's development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's great and all, but if he's so good then why isn't Nelsen giving Osorio more minutes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Well, that's great and all, but if he's so good then why isn't Nelsen giving Osorio more minutes?

You don't develop young players by running them out for 90 minutes each week on a losing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I was very surprised when he didn’t get a call-up to the last camp," said TFC head coach Ryan Nelsen. "I would have thought that Earl Cochrane, our director of team and player operations, who also sits on the board of directors for the Canadian Soccer Association, would have been shouting out his name, because he has been really impressive.

I'm not surprised at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    You don't develop young players by running them out for 90 minutes each week on a losing team.
    ^ this.

the candiens brought up carey price too early, and they crashed outt've the playoffs because of it. there was a lot of media attention on him and all you heard was how much faith the organization had. that was in 2008. it took him nearly half of the next season to regain his composure.

part of developing a player is knowing exactly when to use them, and when they're ready.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    ^ this.

the candiens brought up carey price too early, and they crashed outt've the playoffs because of it. there was a lot of media attention on him and all you heard was how much faith the organization had. that was in 2008. it took him nearly half of the next season to regain his composure.

part of developing a player is knowing exactly when to use them, and when they're ready.
    or more relevant to TFC, John Bostock...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    or more relevant to TFC, John Bostock...
    one hates to say it, but bostock just doesnt have the brain for the game. Just like some kids may fly through highschool then burn in university. Not everyones brains operate in the same way. Just as some kids are forced to be Doctors but probably could have been highly succesful plumbers; john bostock may have been shoved down a path of soccer when perhaps should have been a plumber.

Bostock the plumber

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    one hates to say it, but bostock just doesnt have the brain for the game. Just like some kids may fly through highschool then burn in university. Not everyones brains operate in the same way. Just as some kids are forced to be Doctors but probably could have been highly succesful plumbers; john bostock may have been shoved down a path of soccer when perhaps should have been a plumber.

Bostock the plumber
    Bostock is not a winger, which is the position he is forced to play for first team at Toronto
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock is not a winger, which is the position he is forced to play for first team at Toronto
    ever the optimist. For his sake, I hope you are correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder... has this question ever been asked to Nelsen and O'Leary as to why, when the team is lacking "creativity", Bostock has at least not been looked at in the centre of midfield? Because i think this is baffling most of us...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    I wonder... has this question ever been asked to Nelsen and O'Leary as to why, when the team is lacking "creativity", Bostock has at least not been looked at in the centre of midfield? Because i think this is baffling most of us...
    he apparently played as CM on the reserve game

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he apparently played as CM on the reserve game
    Did he impress?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Did he impress?

He was better than being played out wide but when I watch Bostock play I feel like he doesn't really give a shit about playing here and it shows in his performances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    He was better than being played out wide but when I watch Bostock play I feel like he doesn't really give a shit about playing here and it shows in his performances.

and I dont get the sense that Nelson has the patience for laziness. Probably wouldnt even sit him down and have a chat.

This goes back to him not having the soccer brain attitude, a real teacher loves teaching no matter where she/he is or what she/he is being paid, the same has to be for soccer.
    You have to love playing the game, whether it be a game of pick up, a reserve game , or in the EPL
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 05-23-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    and I dont get the sense that Nelson has the patience for laziness. Probably wouldnt even sit him down and have a chat.

This goes back to him not having the soccer brain attitude, a real teacher loves teaching no matter where she/he is or what she/he is being paid, the same has to be for soccer.
    You have to love playing the game, whether it be a game of pick up, a reserve game , or in the EPL
    Adults have treated him like a multi-million-dollar financial commodity since he was 15 years old. He's probably a bit numb right now to it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I'm not surprised at all.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Why are you not surprised?
    WE DID IT!