Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Kickass!
    Posts
    5,342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default RPB Should Invade New York In 2015!!!

    Okay, I'm not too crazy about MLS giving a franchise to New York City, given how Garber is dying for it to happen in the worst way possible, and thus set it up so.

    Having said that, for better or for worse (and I'm expecting the worst), anyone up for an OFFICIAL RPB ROAD TRIP IN NEW YORK IN 2015, WHERE WE TAKE A BITE OUT OF THE BIG APPLE?!!

    Imagine about all of us riding the New York subways to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, freaking the locals out, like we did in Montreal?

    I wanna bust the ceilings of one of their cars as well!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Done! I'm so on board for this it's crazy. Lets invade in numbers. I know it's so far away but lets do it.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the way we are playing, there may not be any fans left to attend games at BMO Field let alone travel to NYC. how much more miserable can supporting TFC get?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No excuse. We should go in numbers as big as we can. Lets go and show them a unwelcoming to the MLS.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,152
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can dig New York! Although I would prefer Kansas for 100 reasons, I can still do NYC
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS



  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East York
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geordie77 View Post
    the way we are playing, there may not be any fans left to attend games at BMO Field let alone travel to NYC. how much more miserable can supporting TFC get?
    Hey you, yeah guy trying to bring a negative OFF TOPIC comment into a positive thread. Go to one of the other millions of hateful threads and post there. Thanks.

  7. #7
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,423
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post


    Imagine about all of us riding the New York subways to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, freaking the locals out, like we did in Montreal?

    ...I wanna bust the ceilings of one of their cars as well!

    Yeah, cause New Yorkers are so unused to the strange....

  8. #8
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,383
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Okay, I'm not too crazy about MLS giving a franchise to New York City, given how Garber is dying for it to happen in the worst way possible, and thus set it up so.

    Having said that, for better or for worse (and I'm expecting the worst), anyone up for an OFFICIAL RPB ROAD TRIP IN NEW YORK IN 2015, WHERE WE TAKE A BITE OUT OF THE BIG APPLE?!!

    Imagine about all of us riding the New York subways to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, freaking the locals out, like we did in Montreal?

    I wanna bust the ceilings of one of their cars as well!
    What is funny is that in NYC we wouldn't make a dent.

    That said, sounds good to me. :-D

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of the border. 97 miles from BMO.
    Posts
    1,150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm in.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 111 Row 8
    Posts
    9,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We'll make a massive outing to NYC no doubt. It's better than go to ShiteBulls game in Jersey... That many road trips to see our team get blown away by the ShiteBulls have scarred me for the rest of my life...

    Shameless Plug:

    Be it 10 or 10,000, our Away Team can make it happen
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

    TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

  11. #11
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We would love to hit new York Where is the new stadium going to be?

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Glad to see the enthusiasm from the away team! No matter what we will be there.

    There playing at Yankee Stadium for the first few years is what I've heard. Not bad a Ionic building defenatly not a great footy facility but would be kinda cool.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Ocean at the End of the Lane
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd prefer to see all SSH's invade our own BMO field 20 minutes before the match begins rather than 20 minutes after it has started!!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To me even if you reschedule GO trains an such there's always going to be a large amount of people coming in after kickoff. Some might be in the building some still on there way. It's a toronto thing. They have to find a way to push people in early giveaways, promotions ect that's the only solution.

  15. #15
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    To me even if you reschedule GO trains an such there's always going to be a large amount of people coming in after kickoff. Some might be in the building some still on there way. It's a toronto thing. They have to find a way to push people in early giveaways, promotions ect that's the only solution.
    free beer if you are in the gate 15mins before kick off

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeh, where are they building the stadium?

  17. #17
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bringin' Scarborough to The Beach!
    Posts
    4,969
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    yeh, where are they building the stadium?
    From what I recall from being there last summer there is a city owned park right next to Yankee Stadium. I think it has a soccer field, track, etc. I wonder if they would go the redevelopment with City of NY route and try to get something next to Yankee Stadium??

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Pub.
    Posts
    8,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's petition the league for a Wednesday vs Red Bull & Saturday vs NY City schedule...
    Head down to NY for a 2-match / 4-nighter from Wednesday to Sunday...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."


  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That would be awesome.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Welland/Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For those not following the situation, Yankee stadium will be the venue for the first 2, possibly 3 years, all the way to 2018.

    I think I'll wait till then.

  21. #21
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Having been to New York at both Giant Stadium and RBA five times to support the Reds, I am always up for a trip to one of my favourite places.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  22. #22
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Section 220
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im down, can't wait to beat the montreal record.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of the border. 97 miles from BMO.
    Posts
    1,150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    From what I recall from being there last summer there is a city owned park right next to Yankee Stadium. I think it has a soccer field, track, etc. I wonder if they would go the redevelopment with City of NY route and try to get something next to Yankee Stadium??
    It's doubtful that this would happen. They razed a part of Macobs Dam Park to build new Yankee Stadium, with the understanding that the land occupied by old Yankee Stadium would be given to the city to replace the lost park land across the street.

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm in. Greatest city in the world (apart from our, of course!)

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Let's petition the league for a Wednesday vs Red Bull & Saturday vs NY City schedule...
    Head down to NY for a 2-match / 4-nighter from Wednesday to Sunday...
    That would be ridiculously amazing. I am in!

  26. #26
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  27. #27
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Holy Crap thats alot of beer.

  28. #28
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    Holy Crap thats alot of beer.
    That is what I am thinking too, just for the trip over to England.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  29. #29
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sec 110, row 10 & Sec 111, row 11
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if this happens....I have to be a part of it. I'm in most definitely.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •