Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Shway; 05-21-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate those NYCFC bastards so much! They really piss me off. I hope we have some sort of manufactured rivalry trophy that we can annually lose to them. Fuckers.

By the way, if you thought the salary cap rules were wonky for LA Galaxy: hold onto your hats for how the league will help NYCFC with cap space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I hate those NYCFC bastards so much! They really piss me off. I hope we have some sort of manufactured rivalry trophy that we can annually lose to them. Fuckers.

By the way, if you thought the salary cap rules were wonky for LA Galaxy: hold onto your hats for how the league will help NYCFC with cap space.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Another team in from of TFC to get big name players handed to them.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the only team that MLS could show MORE favouritism than if they had done the right things and remade the Cosmos. UGH.

sidenote: Does this mean when we play them we could make BJFC banners?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls are doomed. What a waste of a beautiful stadium. I give them five seasons after NYCFC begins playing till the Red Bulls relocate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet MLS will funnel NYRB money than see them relocated. There's too much TV revenue at stake to lose any rivalry that they're going to force to develop. All I want to say is...
    Damn Yankees!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booooo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not happy but not angry about this. It's a good relationship to have with the EPL but I don't want any special actions just because of the owners. Have to keep our heads up with this team. Don't want any other special rules to prop up another team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soooo instead of come on cit-eh...is it going to be come on cit-tank! or come on yank-eh!

Indeed watch the salary magic for this team and all sorts of fancy new "dp" rules.

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man City + Yankees?

People who thought LA and NYRB were evil. They were the equivalent to Count Dooku and Darth Maul. Get ready to meet Lord Vader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man city says the new new York team will be one of the worlds top clubs he does realize this is in new York city with the general consensus there being indifference to the sport. There's also a salary cap so unless mls is willing to raise the cap to at least 30 or 40 million bucks this will never happen. One thing that's really concerning is they seem to think it's no big deal of no solid stadium plan in place. I think in the long run this is doomed to fail. No stadium, not a lot of soccer fans in nyc. People can argue that point all they want but in my opinion new York is a dead zone for soccer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Man city says the new new York team will be one of the worlds top clubs he does realize this is in new York city with the general consensus there being indifference to the sport. There's also a salary cap so unless mls is willing to raise the cap to at least 30 or 40 million bucks this will never happen. One thing that's really concerning is they seem to think it's no big deal of no solid stadium plan in place. I think in the long run this is doomed to fail. No stadium, not a lot of soccer fans in nyc. People can argue that point all they want but in my opinion new York is a dead zone for soccer.
    Disagree. No need for even magic allocation. Unless MLS puts some limits on it, Man City will be able to loan players to NYFC for $10 a year, giving NYFC an unlimited supply of world top talent at virtually no cap hit. NYFC will only have to use cap space for their required domestic players. It will be the top club in MLS, and one of the most glamorous teams in the world. We will all hate them. It could be like the Yankees in baseball. It will destroy parity if this happens, which MLS may be ready for at this point. Of course MLS could put some limits to keep NYFC from dominating the league like the Cosmos did the old NASL, remembering that the Cosmos was a big part of the NASL's problem.

NY supported the Cosmos, they will support a club, but only if it's a really good one (which the Cosmos were, they were like Real Madrid in their day, one of the world's first superclubs).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-21-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shitebulls are doomed....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    shitebulls are doomed....
    No more than the NY Islanders in hockey...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Disagree. No need for even magic allocation. Unless MLS puts some limits on it, Man City will be able to loan players to NYFC for $10 a year, giving NYFC an unlimited supply of world top talent at virtually no cap hit. NYFC will only have to use cap space for their required domestic players. It will be the top club in MLS, and one of the most glamorous teams in the world. We will all hate them. It could be like the Yankees in baseball. It will destroy parity if this happens, which MLS may be ready for at this point. Of course MLS could put some limits to keep NYFC from dominating the league like the Cosmos did the old NASL, remembering that the Cosmos was a big part of the NASL's problem.

NY supported the Cosmos, they will support a club, but only if it's a really good one (which the Cosmos were, they were like Real Madrid in their day, one of the world's first superclubs).
    is that really a possibility as the rules stand now? if so i doubt the league would put a stop to the new owners doing this by changing the rule. if this is the case the league, to be fair, would have to scrap the cap system altogether imo.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This will reach levels of epic proportions not seen since the Cosmos were in town. I'd submit to you that NY is a soccer town in much the same way that Toronto is a hockey town. Here, it's the Leafs and nothing else. There, it's the Cosmos (as they were) and nothing else... but now it appears that the Cosmos are about to be reborn (in theory) in NYCFC (forget about that NASL outfit, they're just using the name - it's not the same thing and nobody cares. Especially now).

Sure, the league will come up with a new rule along the lines of average attendances = x DPs, x salary cap, etc. These guys will start off playing in Yankee stadium for a season or so, while they work on a SSS.

I think the lid just blew off the league.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Are you saying they may t*** t*** l***** a****?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. NYCFC isn't going to be that big of a hit what some people here are making it out to be.

Unless NYCFC has Messi on their team, there isn't going to be a big buzz in NYC (people there are more demanding in terms of star power than anywhere else in USA). Don't get me wrong, they will have a following but New York Yankees of MLS is L.A. Galaxy.

BTW: Henry isn't drawing too many people to RBNY games that many hope he would.
    Last edited by TFC07; 05-21-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Meh. NYCFC isn't going to be that big of a hit what some people here are making it out to be.

Unless NYCFC has Messi on their team, there isn't going to be a big buzz in NYC (people there are more demanding in terms of star power than anywhere else in USA). Don't get me wrong, they will have a following but New York Yankees of MLS is L.A. Galaxy.

BTW: Henry isn't drawing too many people to RBNY games that many hope he would.
    I think you may have overlooked one ingredient - the New York Yankees. RBNY is foreign ownership. However, the Yankess bring the local flavour - along with their brand.

I think New Yorkers are going to back this in droves.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless MLS puts some limits on it, Man City will be able to loan players to NYFC for $10 a year, giving NYFC an unlimited supply of world top talent at virtually no cap hit.
    if that can happen, its in TFC's best interest to do the same thing and link up with a big club in the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, it looks like they took my advice regarding the name of the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. No need for even magic allocation. Unless MLS puts some limits on it, Man City will be able to loan players to NYFC for $10 a year, giving NYFC an unlimited supply of world top talent at virtually no cap hit. NYFC will only have to use cap space for their required domestic players.
    In that case, MLS will simply limit the number of loan players a team is allowed to have on its roster, as well as minimum salary requirements wrt the salary cap. I don't see MLS letting them get away with destroying parity. They'll have to work within the system to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what happens to Orlando? Does Chivas fold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    I think you may have overlooked one ingredient - the New York Yankees. RBNY is foreign ownership. However, the Yankess bring the local flavour - along with their brand.

I think New Yorkers are going to back this in droves.
    So they're going to get baseball crowd to soccer game? lol

They're going to play in Bronx?

You know there are a lot of Met fans who wouldn't support this team because NYY connection, right? So say goodbye getting support from people living in Queens and Long Island.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the league approves all contracts, and it won't be much of a surprise what they are up to if you start to see a bunch high quality players coming into NY for cheap. The league can and will stop it - if they want to. That is the question though.

Personally, I don't think you will see an out and out stacking of talent in obvious ways (IE guys like Tevez coming in on loan for the league minimum), but I do think it will happen on some level. I think the league will want to maintain and illusion of parity, but will certainly want the team to be winners, and have top tier talent to succeed financially in the largest sporting market in the US.

They do need to avoid a Cosmos like level of dominance though, NY need a league to play in...

The other thing to mention - those are deep pockets backing City and now NY- on a level the MLS has not seen. I'm curious to see what kind of DP's they will bankroll - I suspect they are going to bring in 3 top players in their prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    In that case, MLS will simply limit the number of loan players a team is allowed to have on its roster, as well as minimum salary requirements wrt the salary cap. I don't see MLS letting them get away with destroying parity. They'll have to work within the system to do that.
    I agree here. I think they will bend the rules and allow NY to build a stronger team than others can, but not at the expense of all out stacking the roster. They will want to maintain an illusion of parity. But, they will also want this team to be successful - this is the biggest market in the North America, and it is untapped.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    So they're going to get baseball crowd to soccer game? lol

They're going to play in Bronx?

You know there are a lot of Met fans who wouldn't support this team because NYY connection, right? So say goodbye getting support from people living in Queens and Long Island.
    The brand. The network. Cross-promotions.

I could defo see them starting out playing at Yankee Stadium. It's been done.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The other thing to mention - those are deep pockets backing City and now NY- on a level the MLS has not seen. I'm curious to see what kind of DP's they will bankroll - I suspect they are going to bring in 3 top players in their prime.
    The X factor here is the players would want to have to spend their prime playing in MLS. Will a player capable of playing for a top club in Europe be willing to give up the chance to win the Champions League to play in MLS? How much will NYCFC have to overpay to get that top talent in their prime? I mean top players are already making absorbance amounts of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy fuck Manchester City what are you thinking. You'll take your young players, your boys from the men and send them thousands of miles across the ocean and in New York where nobody will supervise them and they'll take their big money contract money they get from your Saudi owners and spend in on booze and women in the city every night. You would like to think these clubs would have some type of plan ... a supervisor, somebody to look out for the boys, but after learning a few things about some of the top teams in Europe I wouldn't be surprised if they just send them alone. Plus at the risk of getting some wrath from City fans, don't they only care about their stars?

City chief Ferran Soriano confirmed the club are likely to send out youngsters on loan to the new team.He said: “I think naturally it will happen, that some Manchester players will end up playing in New York.
    “But the objective and the focus will be to try to find the right players for the New York team. The New York team is a team on its own.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point of Order

City is owned by the UAE.

Not Saudi.

BIG difference when it comes to alcohol and women.