Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pre/In/Post - Matchday 12: Toronto at New England, Sat 25 May, 730pm

Please Nelsen. Don't let Koevermans come anywhere near that turf monster at Foxborough.

And this game is on the Score... ugh. MLS Live ftw

Assuming guys who didn't play will be still injured

--------------Bendik
    Richter-Caldwell-Henry-O'Dea
    Lambe--Laba--Silva--Convey
    --------Brockie--Earnshaw
    Last edited by Yohan; 05-20-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Please Nelsen. Don't let Koevermans come anywhere near that turf monster at Foxborough.

And this game is on the Score... ugh. MLS Live ftw

Assuming guys who didn't play will be still injured

--------------Bendik
    Richter-Caldwell-Henry-O'Dea
    Lambe--Laba--Silva--Convey
    --------Brockie--Earnshaw
    Apparently Ashtone was good in the reserve game. Might be time to give him another shot, after a few games out.

EDIT: Also, I'd give Bostock a shot in the middle next to Laba. we know laba can play anchor, and central mid is Bostock's natural position. He can string pull; we need some creativity and as talented as Silva is, he's not consistent yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched New England at Houston and NE won 2-0... that's a huge result. Some may think New England should be one of teams TFC can take points from, but it won't be easy. NE is very organized defensively and don't give up goals easily. Their backline benefit from most of their personnel playing together for years, even though there isn't a stud defender among that group. Their midfield is creative, with guys like Rowe, Nguyen and Toja that can make a pass, and they play the game on the ground. Their strikers haven't been good, but they can be very dangerous. However, Diego Fagundez is an exciting kid who plays winger right now, but has 3 goals in 6 games.

Honestly, a draw would be a good result for TFC.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old is that kid that scored the first goal he looks like he is 15.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
    How old is that kid that scored the first goal he looks like he is 15.
    Diego Fagundez 18. been a pro since 16. he's going to be a good USMNT striker

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched New England at Houston and NE won 2-0... that's a huge result. Some may think New England should be one of teams TFC can take points from, but it won't be easy. NE is very organized defensively and don't give up goals easily. Their backline benefit from most of their personnel playing together for years, even though there isn't a stud defender among that group. Their midfield is creative, with guys like Rowe, Nguyen and Toja that can make a pass, and they play the game on the ground. Their strikers haven't been good, but they can be very dangerous. However, Diego Fagundez is an exciting kid who plays winger right now, but has 3 goals in 6 games.

Honestly, a draw would be a good result for TFC.

New England plays beautiful football. That some of the best link up play I've seen in this league all passes around goal were direct, and on the grass no floated in crosses.

This team is maximizing its talent.!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can't we just rename a previous game thread and save ourselves a lot of time and angst?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling TFC is going to lose 1-0 again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

----------------Bendik -----------------
    Richter -- Caldwell -- O'Dea – Morgan---
    ----------- Laba ---- Osorio ----------------
    Brockie --------------------------Convey--
    ------------------ Silva ---------------------
    --------------- Earnshaw -----------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't win this one, it's going to be hard to get excited about going to BMO for the game against Philly.
    Last edited by Lennon; 05-21-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they're going to give us a nice surprise this game, 3-1 TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else going to make the trip for this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long is the drive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9-10 hours.

Personally, I think it is time to give Frei a start. Frei is a better distributor and, from what I can tell, is more vocal inside the box. He is equal as a shot stopper and is a little better positionally. Not that the keeping has been the issue to date (although I wonder how much Bendik has been instructing/informing his back line), but the change there can't hurt.

Honestly, I think Morgan has seen his last game as a red. He'll stay on the team, but probably won't dress for games much unless there are injuries. Similarly, I think Califf's days are numbered, and if Braun (Barrett) does much more of what he did last Saturday, then save us some grief and move him now. Bekker probably won't see much time for a while, not until we start showing some signs of life.

I think you'll see the central mid pairing as Laba and Hall, as on the weekend. Outside, probably Brockie and Convey, although Brockie and Silva may switch, with Brockie playing up front with Earnshaw. As far as the back line, put the names in a hat and draw them - it can't make that much difference! O'Dea doesn't have the wheels to play at left back so he is better off in the middle. But our options at the backs are poor right now. I wonder whether they may try Hall back there again.

The single most critical piece of this game is keeping a clean sheet. I'll settle for a 0-0 draw, but if they give up one, I think we lose again.
    Last edited by CoachGT; 05-21-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agree with Coach 100%.
    We have to keep a clean sheet even if we don't create any attack at all. We need some confidence for our defenders.

It's one or two mistakes that are really costing us games. We're holding more possession almost every game then the opposition but its not relating to goals and results.

And I also believe that we should start Frei. Gives us a little better option with the ball he's a great distributor and vocally commands his back line. Give him one shot with a soild starting 10 in front of him and see what he's got. We don't really have anything to lose. It's a road game on horrible turf. And if we lose well I'm pretty sure we all seen it coming.
    Last edited by BuSaPuNk; 05-21-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought O'Dea did just fine at LB, better than any of the other players that have made an attempt this season! We really need to go and find a permanent reliable LB though sooner or later.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I thought O'Dea did just fine at LB, better than any of the other players that have made an attempt this season! We really need to go and find a permanent reliable LB though sooner or later.
    I don't recall O'Dea getting caught out of position all game?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall O'Dea getting caught out of position all game?
    I think O'Dea's permanent position is centre back no LB. So, we need to find a long term player to play LB. He played fine there, but that's not where his main strengths lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    9-10 hours.

Personally, I think it is time to give Frei a start. Frei is a better distributor and, from what I can tell, is more vocal inside the box. .
    Frei's two biggest weaknesses are his complete lack of control of the box and his inaccurate distribution. He's a shot stopper.

I don't see much difference between the two of them but I will say that normally you bench a goalie when he's blown something. Bendik's been great so far, for the defence in front of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a W last year and part of a minor streak, if TFC is not careful they'll be behind last years record futile pace. Rebuilding is not a good enough excuse to be bad, not even being cheap (NE, Philly).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Lambe starts this game my head is going to explode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---------------- Frei -----------------
    Eckersley -- Caldwell -- O'Dea – Morgan---
    ----------- Laba ---- Bostock -------------
    Brockie --------------------------Convey--
    ----------------- Silva ---------------------
    --------------- Earnshaw -----------------

I'm going to say something like this even though it will in all likely hood NEVER happen i'm definitely behind it. I'll just run down the list and justify my choices so nobody jumps at me, how about it? Stefan Frei is going to start in net because honestly something has to change right? We keep playing Bendik because apparently he's won his spot off of Frei which I would have agreed with until a few matches ago. Bendik hasn't dived across and performed the amazing, it hasn't seemed to be anything great but at the same time I don't want to kill the boys confidence. But you have to think to yourself in the long run... "Is Joe Bendik the Goalkeeper I could take to the MLS playoffs and count on?" to me thats Super Stefan Frei not Cheap thus Better Bendik. Eckersley just because we miss his expertise over there on the right, I know I said something like don't hurry back, heal, Richters doing fine but in all honesty I didn't expect him to be out this long. Caldwell had a good game against Columbus I didn't see him put a foot wrong, and even saw him doing Henrys job most the time making sure he was in the right position. O'dea moves back from the left to the centre where he's supposed to be mainly for his warrior like leadership and because i'm throwing Morgan back into the ocean here, sink or swim boy. Apparently he's had a good run out in the reserve match, wins him his spot as far as i'm concerned. Our centre midfield really should be higher then what I have it up there, Laba has been working harder every game and Bostock apparently played deep in the reserve match pulling the strings and getting an assist to his name, I think Bostock deserves one game in the centre of the pitch to show what he can do before we ship him off. Brockie is at wide because Lambe just isn't good enough offensively, Convey gets his first start because really thats what we acquired him for right? Silva plays up top behind Earnshaw to help create, hopefully he can have a good match and show some of that flare he does on occasion. Earnshaw needs a goal, Koevermans coming back and to be honest if Koevermans comes back in full force, I wouldnt renegotiate a contract for Earnshaw. He's been streaky at best, missing clear chances the last two or three matches, and most of his goals come from the spot if im correct? Get out there boys and make us proud.

Bench depth of say ... Bendik, Henry, Richter, Ephraim, Lambe, Weideman, and Osorio.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From TFC official Twitter account: Koevermans confirms he's not travelling to NE, eyes June 1st return. Hogan Ephraim is fully training again after injury; Ecks is still out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    If we don't win this one, it's going to be hard to get excited about going to BMO for the game against Philly.
    Koevs will be back that game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    From TFC official Twitter account: Koevermans confirms he's not travelling to NE, eyes June 1st return. Hogan Ephraim is fully training again after injury; Ecks is still out.
    Praise Jesus. Thank god that Koevermans wont be having a run out on that shitty plastic field. Hopefully he pulls a Henry and gets sick every time we travel to a shit pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Praise Jesus. Thank god that Koevermans wont be having a run out on that shitty plastic field. Hopefully he pulls a Henry and gets sick every time we travel to a shit pitch.
    +a billion

No more trips to Portland, NE, Seattle and Montreal at Big O. The turf monster just took out Mikael Silvestre for the season few weeks ago.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+a billion

No more trips to Portland, NE, Seattle and Montreal at Big O. The turf monster just took out Mikael Silvestre for the season few weeks ago.
    Opening match of the season against Vancouver and Demerit went down what? Couldn't have been very far in at all. That's when you got to stop and think...
    Can anybody tell me the real reason every mls side isn't playing on grass? Climate? Cost? whats the real reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still waiting to witness the emergence of Wiedeman as the striker of his generation. What is the story with him?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Opening match of the season against Vancouver and Demerit went down what? Couldn't have been very far in at all. That's when you got to stop and think...
    Can anybody tell me the real reason every mls side isn't playing on grass? Climate? Cost? whats the real reason.
    Seattle, Vancouver, and NE share grounds with throwball teams.

Portland, no freaking clue

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I am still waiting to witness the emergence of Wiedeman as the striker of his generation. What is the story with him?
    played for reserve side on Sat, and apparently looks worse than Academy kids

-Eduardo Galeano