RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grant Wahl's column today has an inside look at TFC's trade with Sporting KC's trade for Bobby Coney:

When a player has problems with multiple teams, the problem is almost always the player, not the teams. Kansas City unloaded Bobby Convey to Toronto last week, and a K.C. source tells me Sporting just wanted to get rid of Convey, who had become a malcontent in the locker room. This is the same Convey who San Jose coach Frank Yallop was overjoyed to move from the Earthquakes before last season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soc...frank-lampard/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Grant Wahl's column today has an inside look at TFC's trade with Sporting KC's trade for Bobby Coney:

When a player has problems with multiple teams, the problem is almost always the player, not the teams. Kansas City unloaded Bobby Convey to Toronto last week, and a K.C. source tells me Sporting just wanted to get rid of Convey, who had become a malcontent in the locker room. This is the same Convey who San Jose coach Frank Yallop was overjoyed to move from the Earthquakes before last season.

Ruh-row!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Amado Guevara was a known arse hole before coming to TFC. He ended up being one of the few professionals on the team during his time with the club. Mind you, the club was full of wack jobs anyways, so maybe he was just the least wackiest of the bunch :P

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insight from the Bobby Convey thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    My read of Convey last couple of years is that he thinks he deserves to be a starter. Certainly his playing resume suggests that he does have a case, and when he doesn't get his way, he becomes a bit petulant.

But Convey is not playing for Vermes or Yallop. He's playing for Nelsen, his old captain and Payne who was basically a father to him during his teen years in DC. I don't think Convey will easily piss them off.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER