Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Brockie and Koevermans will be the ideal pair, but if Earnshaw has good form Brockie could always take place of Ephraim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the brick or interview and he really sounds like he wants to stick here long term. He never comes out and says so in the interview but alludes to it several times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Just watched the brick or interview and he really sounds like he wants to stick here long term. He never comes out and says so in the interview but alludes to it several times.
    He alludes VERY strongly.

Seems hungry which is what we need.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    He alludes VERY strongly.

Seems hungry which is what we need.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/s...ck-even-better
    Pretty much admits he wants to play in Europe, using MLS to showcase himself
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Wow, that article makes Toronto seem like a sports fans paradise...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't say that at all.

I hope he does well at Toronto but very much doubt he will stay there - can earn more playing in the A-League and his family is settled in Wellington. We'll see.

Anyway, I think you guys would be reluctant to pay a transfer fee unless he bangs in a goal a game.
    Last edited by valeo; 05-14-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valeo View Post
    Doesn't say that at all.

I hope he does well at Toronto but very much doubt he will stay there - can earn more playing in the A-League and his family is settled in Wellington. We'll see.

Anyway, I think you guys would be reluctant to pay a transfer fee unless he bangs in a goal a game.
    What kind of $$ would he make in the A-League, and any idea what kind of transfer fee would be asked?

MLS is a high exposure league now. As the costs of other markets have exploded - MLS is now being looked at as a good value for money for players and more EPL teams in particular are starting to look at the MLS. If he is looking to take his career to Europe, it's hard to argue that the A-League to MLS is not a step in the right direction. Especially with a well connected form EPL player as your manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing a bit of research I fount out his agent is CS Sports, he has a contract until 2015 but couldn't find any figures. I wonder if the club can work a transfer fee into his contract like Laba? 600k euros is his estimate.

I am excited to see him play, I think a frontline of Koevs as a target man with Brockie and Robbie both making runs past defenders for a shot or a cross could be dynamic and deadly.

Last edited by SiguenzaFC; 05-15-2013 at 08:24 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey look, our coach is so famous in New Zealand, they even have a newspaper named after him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS doesn't usually sanction loans unless there's an option to buy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    MLS doesn't usually sanction loans unless there's an option to buy.
    I've heard that so often, but is it really confirmed, and are their special circumstances? For example, MLS has often let players go on loan oversees, or to train, during the MLS off-season, when the expectation was clear that the player would come back. On the flip-side, if there's a guy like Brockie under contract from a league with a very different schedule, who could benefit from some play & exposure during his off-season, and an MLS team needs some temp help as they line up long-term deals -- they may see that differently...?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nztfc View Post
    Hey guys, I'll admit I've only started supporting TFC since Nelsen took over as manager as I'm from New Zealand (and Nelsen's home city). Quick word on Brockie who plays for NZ's only professional team who I also support. He's a pacy striker who only really fulfilled his potential this season. He has a happy knack for scoring spectacular goals. If you look at his goals from his Newcastle Jets days, there aren't many tap-ins on there. He generally has pretty good finishing ability, and is quite clinical when he gets a chance, but does have games and even patches of games where he goes completely missing. Perhaps he won't do that in the MLS as he'll be keen to make a good impression. He's also equally adept on either wing, and has a good cross on him.
    See, this is the kind of valuable input that I LOVE about the RPB forum (as few and far between as it is)

Given the difference in pace between MLS and the A-League, I think he will do well. .
    He may enjoy the slower pace, and find more time on the ball. . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    What kind of $$ would he make in the A-League, and any idea what kind of transfer fee would be asked?

MLS is a high exposure league now. As the costs of other markets have exploded - MLS is now being looked at as a good value for money for players and more EPL teams in particular are starting to look at the MLS. If he is looking to take his career to Europe, it's hard to argue that the A-League to MLS is not a step in the right direction. Especially with a well connected form EPL player as your manager.
    I assume Brockie wouldn't be a highly paid player at Toronto - in comparison, he's probably one of our best paid (if he isn't now, he will be). We have smaller squads, so less people to share the money between.

2-3 years ago I remember a comparison between the leagues - our average salary was 140,000 while the MLS was 90,000; may have changed a little since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valeo View Post
    I assume Brockie wouldn't be a highly paid player at Toronto - in comparison, he's probably one of our best paid (if he isn't now, he will be). We have smaller squads, so less people to share the money between.

2-3 years ago I remember a comparison between the leagues - our average salary was 140,000 while the MLS was 90,000; may have changed a little since then.
    Strikers who come into MLS with pro experience are generally paid on experience. If he was prolific (1 in 3 or better) he would get anywhere from about $175,000 on the low end to $350,000 (or thereabouts, the cap max.)

If he came in and scored one in 2, he'd command good money, probably not DP right away because has no profile here, but he could get the salary max, if he was among the league leaders. MLS has a long history of overpaying strikers, and they're more likely to earn over $200,000 a year than any other position in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brockie's Skill sets

if Nelsen wants Brockie on a 3 months loan only, and no intention to buy, we have to ask, why? does he think TFC sucks so much on offence that he thinks Brockie's 3 months loan is worth it? or a temporary solution until Danny K is fit again? or TFC doesn't have any other strikers lined up and Brockie is the best option?

I think if Brockie does well enough, TFC will buy him. as much as Wellington might not like it, Wellington isn't exactly flushed with cash. a decent transfer fee will go a long way for that club. and Brockie may force the issue, with promise of higher wage and better quality football. he's got to be looking at Europe in the future and MLS is a stepping stone for him.

for TFC, Nelsen is hoping that Brockie turns out to be another Saborio. a star in lower quality league ends up panning out. if TFC manages cap space well, Brockie may even be bought for non DP status.
    I'm a NZ lander from wellington. Since Ryan has come on board as coach my whole family have taken to following the fortunes of TFC. My observations are that Brockie will provide you with much versatility in the front. Notwithstanding he can make goals from anywhere(left or right foot) and he is not wedded to playing in a set position. He has a fantastic long range shot and he is very street smart when shooting from closer in.
    If given a chance and he is allowed some freedom pitch watch out for goals galore....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wellington Phoenix played last night(our time).
    Brockie sat on the bench until the 80th minute, then came on to score a goal and get an assist.

It's nice to see that the girls in the supporters section take shirts off seriously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see him doing well but I doubt he's coming back.