Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Payne's Teams....

TFC and DCU, 9th and 10th in Eastern this week. Was that really a winning choice?

The team needs a BIG signing. Beckham-level. That's the only thing Payne can do to rescue TFC and the future of this sport in this city. Bite the bullet. Get Michael Ballack. Get somebody. What did Laba do yesterday? what did any of the signings Payne brought in on trial or otherwise do last week, last month, 11 games into the season....?

Are we really any better than May 2012 or may 2011, or May 2010 or or? We are no longer running for the Canadian Championship.... the only good thing we had going last year, at least at the national level....

Something MAJOR must happen. Enough of these tiny mickeymouse additions and shuffles..... and really, invest in a sports psychologist soon to try and end the-now-85min complex.....

One more thing.... Plata with two beautiful assists this weekend, and a lively celebration full of character; Sam Cronin scores also this weekend....Nick Labeocca had a great game.... some brilliant trade-aways we have done in our past..... none of our players in today's team have any excitment, life, passion, or character to them - less Koevermans; even Frei, TFC killed the life of him. I miss DeRo, Micon, Plata, .... they played with life and character....
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-05-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just stop. It will take time to clean up the pile of shit TFC is in at the moment. No "Beckham-level" signing will make individual players perform above USL standards, its a team game. Im willing to give Payne a full 3 years to setup his vision, I also do not look forward to any short-sighted player signings if that's what you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel your pain, but I am hopeful in the summer we will get some good players. Just give KP little more time to do his thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just stop. It will take time to clean up the pile of shit TFC is in at the moment. No "Beckham-level" signing will make individual players perform above USL standards, its a team game. Im willing to give Payne a full 3 years to setup his vision and do not look forward to any short-sighted player signings.
    What exactly is Payne's vision?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually see improvements on the park and that Koev's return was help us substantially just as any team who plays a direct brand of football requires a big strong no. 9. Maybe it's too simplistic but having him on the park brings more players into the game.

You can lament Plata all you want but I've said it before, he requires a specific system and formation to get the best out of him. He needs to play up top but because of his size, he needs another forward to play off of so RSL was a perfect fit for him. Good luck to him.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 05-05-2013 at 07:10 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First order for TFC: hire a sports psychologist for some of the fans on here. Or maybe a sports psychiatrist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne came 5(?) months ago, to a team that was full of less-than-average players. The guy can't simply fire them all and hire "Beckham-level" players... Even if he can find them at a semi reasonable price, most players wouldn't want to come to Toronto - southern state teams have much more appeal.
    Give the guy TIME to do things his way - call it vision or whatever you want. If by the end of next year TFC is still in last place, then call for his head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you just say you miss Maicon Santos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    TFC and DCU, 9th and 10th in Eastern this week. Was that really a winning choice?

The team needs a BIG signing. Beckham-level. That's the only thing Payne can do to rescue TFC and the future of this sport in this city. Bite the bullet. Get Michael Ballack. Get somebody. What did Laba do yesterday? what did any of the signings Payne brought in on trial or otherwise do last week, last month, 11 games into the season....?

Are we really any better than May 2012 or may 2011, or May 2010 or or? We are no longer running for the Canadian Championship.... the only good thing we had going last year, at least at the national level....

Something MAJOR must happen. Enough of these tiny mickeymouse additions and shuffles..... and really, invest in a sports psychologist soon to try and end the-now-85min complex.....

One more thing.... Plata with two beautiful assists this weekend, and a lively celebration full of character; Sam Cronin scores also this weekend....Nick Labeocca had a great game.... some brilliant trade-aways we have done in our past..... none of our players in today's team have any excitment, life, passion, or character to them - less Koevermans; even Frei, TFC killed the life of him. I miss DeRo, Micon, Plata, .... they played with life and character....
    Basically wrote you off from this paragraph. You judged a young 21 year old midfielder on a debut match, in a place he's never been let alone played on the road, where he actually didn't play poorly at all. What did you expect him to score a hattrick?

Then you went on to say we should sign Michael Ballack a 36-year old german attacking midfielder who's retired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne should sign German International Torsten Frings.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pieces do not make a system.

What we are seeing now are maybe, at best 6 pieces of what will be a starting 11 by this time next season.

Bendik
    Laba
    Silva
    Boss
    O'Dea
    Ecks

And even then, I can see the last 4 of that list not always being starters next season.

Anybody who is looking for the one piece to make it all better is fooling themselves.

The long term goal is to build a squad that plays a certain way. We are, maybe, 10% of the way there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    First order for TFC: hire a sports psychologist for some of the fans on here. Or maybe a sports psychiatrist.
    excellent, nice call!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody who is looking for the one piece to make it all better is fooling themselves.

The long term goal is to build a squad that plays a certain way. We are, maybe, 10% of the way there.
    anyone who is looking for the one piece to make it all better is part of the reason we're in this mess to begin with. we've spent half of our existence purposely ignoring long term goals. i'd take a proper structure given the time it needs over a flash in the pan playoff run any day of the week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love a starting lineup with Oliver Kahn in net, Michael Ballack and Torsten Frings in central midfield, and maybe Jurgen Klinsmann up top!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I got from that was blah blah blah we're not improving fast enough. Blah blah blah, why didn't Laba win the game single handedly? Blah blah get Michael Ballack and I burst into laughter and stopped reading there.

Last edited by Stryker; 05-05-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me then remove all emotions and hopes, and stick to the facts - only recent history; no need to go too far back.

1. Season 7, and still no playoffs
    2. Winter was brought in after major restructuring and revamp, and hope was sold of a new day.
    3. 2012 - TFC wins mls record of worse performance of all times. "worst team in the world".
    4. Payne was brought in after major restructuring and revamp, and hope was sold of a new day.
    5. 2013 - TFC about to win record of 80-min complex, and currently in 9th place in easter confernce. 6:0 loss against Saputo's expansion team - the likely new canadian champs.

See a pattern here? More of the same strategies that have been proven to fail, will only lead the same results - more failure. Time for a radical change in strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See a pattern here? More of the same strategies that have been proven to fail, will only lead the same results - more failure. Time for a radical change in strategy.
    Well everything is going to look the same if you look at it from 30,000 feet while passing over all kinds of relevant details. TFC got a new manager? Hey TFC got a new manager before too, and they failed then, so they will fail now as well! We need radical change!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me then remove all emotions and hopes, and stick to the facts - only recent history; no need to go too far back.

1. Season 7, and still no playoffs
    2. Winter was brought in after major restructuring and revamp, and hope was sold of a new day.
    3. 2012 - TFC wins mls record of worse performance of all times. "worst team in the world".
    4. Payne was brought in after major restructuring and revamp, and hope was sold of a new day.
    5. 2013 - TFC about to win record of 80-min complex, and currently in 9th place in easter confernce. 6:0 loss against Saputo's expansion team - the likely new canadian champs.

And your radical change is buying one big name player? They still have to play with this team. Other talents have come here and stagnated.

What about getting a new manager, coach and president/CEO even ownership isn't rrradical?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want radical change? Here's a radical change: allow the current guys a couple of years to show some improvement.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Did you just say you miss Maicon Santos?

I love Stevanovic's reaction.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is the Brian Burke Methodology.

Arrive preaching a 5 year plan, which everyone subscribes to, only to get impatient 6 months in and try to win straight out of the gate.

The difference here being the Leaf support wanted the 5 year plan, but it was Burke who scrapped it. I don't see Payne doing similar - thankfully.

Everyone needs to stay the course together (ask Aron).
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See a pattern here?...Time for a radical change in strategy.

Yes, definitely a pattern.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand that you probably didn't follow DC closely all these years. The current DC is not a Payne team. He lost control when the new ownership took over, and started interfering a la Joey Saputo (but with poorer results) one reason that made him open to coming to Toronto.

Leiweke will give him enough control to remake the team, but anyone who thought he could do it in two months is delusional. Fortunately the days of Anselmi the Engineer making soccer decisions is over.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-06-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Yes, definitely a pattern.
    lol he walked himself right into that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    You want radical change? Here's a radical change: allow the current guys a couple of years to show some improvement.
    This right here, bada bing, bada boom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And your radical change is buying one big name retired player? They still have to play with this team. Other talents have come here and stagnated.

What about getting a new manager, coach and president/CEO even ownership isn't rrradical?
    Fixed that for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    A radical change for TFC is exactly this - allowing players to play together long enough to develop some actual chemistry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne says Laba is a core player he expects to be at the club for the next 3 years. I can't remember who else, if anyone, currently on the roster that has got that level of commitment. Personally I would add Silva but other than that, jeez I don't know. So there are going to be a lot of changes if virtually everyone is possibly in line for replacement. So we're going to see a lot of temporaries filling gaps in the meantime. Some of those temporaries might become core players, but I doubt any from the current batch. I would have said Earnshaw 3 weeks ago, but my goodwill is running out with him. I'm just hoping we can see him with Danny K for a bit before having to make a long term decision for or against keeping him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I say we protest against each other instead of the team:

NO MORE CALLS FOR QUICK FIXES!
    STOP DEMANDING DESPERATE SIGNINGS!
    WE DESERVE CHEMISTRY!

Like last years team before Mariner fucked it, we have a good foundation of young players along with utility and fill out players. Now we need those guys who will elevate the club to greater heights. We need to find those stars who can come in and complete this team.

I think with Koevs return, we may see that hole filled up front - assuming he is the same player he was before he got injured.
    laba was a good addition to the midfield, but I think we need another standout midfielder who is mature enough to calm things down.
    And alas - a defensive leader...maybe a combo of O'dea/Callif might be the answer...if not, I hope we find that out sooner than later so we can look for that leader to captain the backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totti want to play in MLS next season (maybe)...

...no, not going there (maybe).