Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thierry Henry seemed pissed

Thierry Henry seemed pissed at the end of the game - gesturing to our fans and then running straight off the field - i also noticed he was egging on the supporters in the corner

i love the fact we got under his skin....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    Thierry Henry seemed pissed at the end of the game - gesturing to our fans and then running straight off the field - i also noticed he was egging on the supporters in the corner

i love the fact we got under his skin....
    he must have loved the 'hand ball' chants

then again, he delivered the assist that won the game for NY. that'll show us and he gets the last laugh
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    I didn't catch the end, but he had a big smile at one point ... I don't think he was pissed ...

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he not also cup his ear after their first goal?

He's been taunted by some of the best fans on the planet and he still keeps producing.

Still...nice to know our efforts don't go unnoticed.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he cupped his hand over his ear ("Why's it so quiet now?" gesture) after the first goal. He also gave the supporter section an "up yours" (without the finger) salute. He responded to us similarly the last two times he visited BMO field. I love it when players respond to the supporters' presence and chants -- particularly opposing players. I love thinking we're getting under a player's skin or that player's hate taking corners at BMO, etc. Unfortunately for us, Henry seems to thrive on this.
    Last edited by Commie Red; 04-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry usually acts clam except when he's plays in Toronto for some odd reason. Do fans in Toronto really get under his skin to point he making gestures towards fans? I don't hear him do any of this to any other fans in MLS. I guess he really hates Toronto!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he hates Toronto. I think he has an issue with rowdy fans who target him. I'm not sure other fans do that as much.

Regardless, it all makes for good theatre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we laughed at him in 127 when the ball was cleared off his face....he wasnt impressed.

personally he is probably just entertaining us.......besides he will always get the last laugh when he checks his bank account.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was pretty wound up after NY scored their second. I'm in the north end and he looked like a crazy man... Jumping up and down eyes popping out of his head and gesturing to fans... I was really surprised that something got to him.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I didn't catch the end, but he had a big smile at one point ... I don't think he was pissed ...
    He was pissed about poor decisions by teammates on more than one near chance. That much was obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I watched the game at home, when he took the corner in front of 112, he took a good bollocking from us. I even watched myself on playback thinking "wow, that guy yelling at Terry Henry is crazy".

Is he a legend in football? Yes.
    When he comes to my field, however, he's a "journeyman second rate striker who couldn't hack it in europe anymore." And that was one of the only things I yelled at him fit for print.

Do I blame him for engaging us with his gesture? Hell no, I loved it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    When I watched the game at home, when he took the corner in front of 112, he took a good bollocking from us. I even watched myself on playback thinking "wow, that guy yelling at Terry Henry is crazy".

Is he a legend in football? Yes.
    When he comes to my field, however, he's a "journeyman second rate striker who couldn't hack it in europe anymore." And that was one of the only things I yelled at him fit for print.

Do I blame him for engaging us with his gesture? Hell no, I loved it.
    I need to see this... Was this "crazy" guy wearing a white hat and shades lol
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    He was pissed about poor decisions by teammates on more than one near chance. That much was obvious.
    Agreed, Henry often looks pissed at his own team, wherever they play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Agreed, Henry often looks pissed at his own team, wherever they play.
    that's just Henry's game face. he's super competitive and holds everyone to high standard. i'd be pissed playing with some guys with low footy IQ after playing in highest levels of football too.

off the field, everyone seems to say Henry is a really cool guy to hang out with.

I found most funny was Tim Cahill shrugged off a teammates coming to congratulate him twice because they were getting in the way of him celebrating his goals.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I need to see this... Was this "crazy" guy wearing a white hat and shades lol
    HAHA nope, he was the guy in the black baseball cap standing just to your left. It was ME.
    (I pvr every game I attend to watch later to see what I miss live.)