Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i see nothing in bekker...slow and soft...and welshman...jezzz.
    i would of picked Manneh 10 times over those 2 guys...
    ... It wasn't Bekker and Welsheman that was chosen - it was Bekker, Welshmen and what was presumably a whole wad of allocation money. Until that amount is quantified, or until we know what this allocation gets us (ie: more room under the cap to bring in quality in the summer or next year) coupled with the fact i think the expectation is that these players aren't competitive MLS starters yet (longer-term projects) and i think the jury is still out whether it was good picks - they haven't done anything to prove their worth yet, i would agree with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I sure hope that Leiweke is ignoring all the board chatter. This team needs time to execute their plan. Pandering to the fickle Toronto fanbase results in short-term "win now" decisions which have hampered the club becoming a well-managed organization.
    Leiweke is more focus on the Raptors then he is with TFC. I don't think he's going to do anything this season with TFC. We got to wait after the season to see what he excepts from TFC. But right now, it's all about the Raptors for Leiweke. I like to know what exactly is TFC plans of building a contender? KP better sign players and get rid of deadweight players who don't have much upside soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has the FO said anything today? At all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Toronto played a terrible game... no question.
    But I can't ignore the fact that Montreal played a deadly game.
    It pains me to say it, but that team looks like the real deal.
    Also, their supporters were going full throttle the whole match.
    It made me feel pretty sad as a football supporter.
    No doubt there team is the real deal.....

as for there supporters.. its pretty easy to go full throttle for 90mins when your team beats up its rival 6-0.

I'm as pissed as anyone on here....but all we can do is move on as supporters and a team!

Hopefully we can bounce back...sooner then later

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Has the FO said anything today? At all?
    I see on twitter there are some things coming out. So far its the norm, not happy, want to get back on the ptich and show we are better than that....
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post

as for there supporters.. its pretty easy to go full throttle for 90mins when your team beats up its rival 6-0.

I'm as pissed as anyone on here....but all we can do is move on as supporters and a team!

Hopefully we can bounce back...sooner then later
    THe results help, but man, were they ever loud and into it. The Vancouver game sounded brutal in comparison.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB's tweet still has me shaking my head.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that winning makes fans more excited,
    But let's be honest, those fans were on fire before the game even started,
    And Montreal was losing 2-0 at that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Sc)um as they may be, i tip my hat to the montreal support last night. They were fierce. Fierce like our support a couple of years ago. Hope to see this at BMO again soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan is garbage. wow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well at least we made the semis...congratz to joey saputo....maybe you can supply pb a years supply of salami for that nice tweet last night.
    dont worry about us paul the tfc fans(suckers) will be back in force on may18th..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Morgan is garbage. wow
    directly responsible for 3 Mtl goals. and partly on 4th. incredible level of suck
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inter supporters would be happy if Ac Milan won europe?

I know a few Benfica supporters who would shit on sporting fans if they won europe
    Better then a foreign team. Better a team from your city and country then a foreign team. Most Italian supporters I talk too feel the same. I am sure there are exceptions. Well I know they are some but those seem to be exceptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Toronto played a terrible game... no question.
    But I can't ignore the fact that Montreal played a deadly game.
    It pains me to say it, but that team looks like the real deal.
    Also, their supporters were going full throttle the whole match.
    It made me feel pretty sad as a football supporter.
    Flats, speaking the truth.

This should tell us that a good team can be build quickly if you have a vision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all we have to say about last nights game - .

That's right . . . NOTHING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    I'm trying to see the positive in this, but then thought of TFC playing against Bayern and got chills.
    Pure genocide.
    excuse me?

Thats extremely offensive. You should really think about how you present yourself before you post insensitive crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    PB's tweet still has me shaking my head.
    Typical bullsh!t from this guy, I never really thought he cared or had any passion for TFC or the fans.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post

It still took a year and a half. Joey's been building in this Italian-influenced direction all this time.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    What makes it worse for me is the support by UM02. Sure they may be winning, but that was as impressive a display of flags, singing, Tifo and smoke as we have seen in Toronto in years. The general admission really allows like minded fans to get together and produce something great. No one bitching about a flag in their face. No one bitching about a good smoke show. There is something to be said about General Admission that we could use in Toronto.
    A lot of this comes down to our FO screwing the pooch big time. We have (had?) supporters groups spread around in separate corners, a new stand built that was given away to the general public and worst of all, that pain in the ass ticket relocation system. (really, I have to take a day off work and to come down to BMO in person?). The ownership in Montreal look to be doing what they can to provide the best atmosphere for the supporters to work with, but who needs that when you've got a confetti cannon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto tweets:
    Paul Beirne ‏@Paulbeirne20m
    Congratulations @JoeySaputo and @impactmontreal on advancing to the Final. Now do the right thing and keep that trophy in the east.

Montreal tweets: “Dear @torontofc, can we have your #makeitfive hashtag? Sincerely, the Montreal Impact. Thank you. #IMFC 5-0.”

God I hate them so much, and yet, somehow, wish our front office was more like theirs. Talk about contradictions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It still took a year and a half. Joey's been building in this Italian-influenced direction all this time.
    I hate bringing up the past but we could have had that here. But our club insisted on hiring Mariner at the same time as Winter.

That, in and of itself, made it so that the "vision" would never be properly implemented because we had a guy on salary that didnt believe in it from day one and may have actually sabotaged it.

I have very little hope left in this club....top to bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better then a foreign team. Better a team from your city and country then a foreign team. Most Italian supporters I talk too feel the same. I am sure there are exceptions. Well I know they are some but those seem to be exceptions.
    Totally agree with you on this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I hate bringing up the past but we could have had that here. But our club insisted on hiring Mariner at the same time as Winter.

That, in and of itself, made it so that the "vision" would never be properly implemented because we had a guy on salary that didnt believe in it from day one and may have actually sabotaged it.
    This!