Although when we play Orlando I will squawk about what a bunch of goat fuckers they are, I really DO want them to get a team.

Watching the game from last night of NYRB vs. SKC I can't see how on earth Garber thinks that a second team in NY makes more sense than one in Orlando. It would seem to me that LA would be a bigger soccer market (no research, just kind of figure weather/demographics) and LA can't hold 2 teams.

Good luck to Orlando.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/04/18/kick-mayor-orlando-confirms-city-has-purchased-prime-plot-downtown-land-socc

1. ORLANDO’S MAYOR OFFICIALLY UNVEILS SOCCER STADIUM PLANS: Huge news coming out of Orlando, as Mayor Buddy Dyer confirmed the City has spent $8.2 million on purchasing land to give to Orlando City Soccer Club for a new soccer-specific stadium. The plot of land sits in a prime downtown location, and Dyer believes the lure of MLS and the redevelopment of that area made his decision an easy one. "That's the perfect location," said Dyer. “That block is where we put the soccer stadium.” According to the report from WFTV Orlando, Orlando City will spend between $80-100 million to build the stadium and construction could start as early as December 2013. A huge breakthrough, it seems, in the clubs aim to make it as an MLS expansion franchise.