Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Apparently we were "classless" in Chicago

Last-minute winner caps perfect night for FireBy STEPHEN WATTLESIt was the near perfect evening for the Fire to turn things around. The evening was warm but not the stifling summer heat that turns so many midseason MLS encounters into snore fests. Nice enough in fact that it wasn’t hard to ignore the classless Canadians who had shown up in the hundreds to once again disrespect our national anthem and drink as if they’ve never seen beer before.
    READ MOREhttp://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...2-toronto.html
    Last edited by MG42; 07-18-2008 at 07:06 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trifey View Post
    READ MOREhttp://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/fire-2-toronto.html
    SORRRY ABOUT THE WIERD TYPING I\"M ON HERE THROUGH PROXY
    Disrespect how? I didn't hear booing. This is so common in playoff scenarios in other sports. Both countries get so desperate to dig at the other the journos just outright lie. "Was that a boo?" "Do they have their caps on?" "Disrespect". How many fights broke out you whiners. It's this continents answer to reporting on away support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a great joke...really...funniest thing I've heard all day.

Weren't you guys singing their national anthem louder than them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

link doesn't work for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Workie View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a great joke...really...funniest thing I've heard all day.

Weren't you guys singing their national anthem louder than them?

I guess that was the disrespect. Showing them up on national tv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    link doesn\'t work for me.
    Just go to Soccer By Ives to the TFC vs Fire Supporters View. I\'m on here through a proxy so everthing gets screwed up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. It was tough to hear the anthem start up.
    2. As soon as we were sure it had started Black & White was loud and direct to the supporters. He yelled remove your hats and be quiet.
    3. The huge majority followed the request. Hats were removed and we were quiet.
    4. 1/2 way through the anthem when it was apparent the Chicago fans would not even sing their own anthem we picked it up. We sang their anthem loudly word for word. We did not bastardize it.
    5. When we did this I could clearly see the Chicago fans around us smile. They applauded the effort loudly around us.
    6. Stadium security said it gave them goosebumps.

Whoever wrote this can fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can a mod please remove all of the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\from the title please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ send that to Ives, he'll probably update his blog with our side of things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent Ives my comments. I believe he has removed anything to do with classless Canadians and the anthem from the post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this funny... we were applauded for singing (both of) the National anthems from the sections to either side of us annnnnnnnnnd there's pictures to prove that fact. So... we can call that debunked.

As for the drinking? Here's your answer: Your shitty 4% beer doesn't phase us, so we had to drink 10x as much to even approach a buzz.

PS. While I appreciate why they had someone using a speak&spell to sing their national anthem and maybe, just maybe we should have been quiet, I've never in my life heard a person complain for another person passionately singing their national anthem (properly, without ad-lib).

Post synopsis: Fuck Chicago, Fuck Fuck Shitcago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

classless Canadians who had shown up in the hundreds to once again disrespect our national anthem
    The moron who wrote this (not the poster here) should have a nice long talk with the security guards at the next Fire game...

He said, quote "...that gave me chills... I have never heard our anthem sung like that..."

We were not only respectful, but were patriotic to our neighbors to the north to which we were visiting...

Carts...

PS: funny thing, I actually have the security officers business card and contact information - perhaps an e-mail to him is in order to tell him what their fans think of Canadians singing the American National Anthem...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone write to this banana and inform him that WE are proud to sign our national anthem and do so out of respect. Just like we sang the last part of their anthem out of respect. It's a differance in cultures however this moron doesn't have a clue.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Can someone write to this banana and inform him that WE are proud to sign our national anthem and do so out of respect. Just like we sang the last part of their anthem out of respect. It's a differance in cultures however this moron doesn't have a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    I sent Ives my comments. I believe he has removed anything to do with classless Canadians and the anthem from the post.
    Done & done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments deleted.
    Last edited by Jack; 07-18-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Comments edited for racist content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    The moron who wrote this (not the poster here) should have a nice long talk with the security guards at the next Fire game...

He said, quote "...that gave me chills... I have never heard our anthem sung like that..."

We were not only respectful, but were patriotic to our neighbors to the north to which we were visiting...

Carts...

PS: funny thing, I actually have the security officers business card and contact information - perhaps an e-mail to him is in order to tell him what their fans think of Canadians singing the American National Anthem...
    Mc you should send in the security card information to him... make him write a retraction statement...

send it in.

blackandwhite

Was he one of the fuckers who got his ass kicked?? probably not. This guy doesn't sound like he has to balls to even get near that kinda stuff...

and the landycakes fan award goes to....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyeddo View Post
    I find this funny... we were applauded for singing (both of) the National anthems from the sections to either side of us annnnnnnnnnd there's pictures to prove that fact. So... we can call that debunked.

As for the drinking? Here's your answer: Your shitty 4% beer doesn't phase us, so we had to drink 10x as much to even approach a buzz.

PS. While I appreciate why they had someone using a speak&spell to sing their national anthem and maybe, just maybe we should have been quiet, I've never in my life heard a person complain for another person passionately singing their national anthem (properly, without ad-lib).

Post synopsis: Fuck Chicago, Fuck Fuck Shitcago
    apparently we saw the same thing and the same point of view shit beer / speak n spell...

observant-canadian-drunk-anthem-singing-ruiner !

see you at the next game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Fire fans response

"
    Stephen--
    You need to edit your article. I am a Fire supporter, but to be fair, the guys (and gals) that came down from North of the boarder were a far better turnout than any other club; and no, I don't include confused real Chivas fans coming out when the fake goats are in town. Not only that, but a few of them made it all the way to the oposite side of the lot and tailgated with us. They were well-behaved (hate that phrase, but for lack of a better term I'll use it), and they sang OUR national anthem louder than the rest of the stiffs that seperated S8 and them--and let's not even mention that 98% of Americans don't know the Canadian national anthem past the words O Canada .....so I'm not knocking them. Wish you wouldn't.
    I understand that towards the end of the match, or directly after, there was some scuffle that broke out between them and some of the regular joe's in the section next to them--but if that's what you're basing your "classless" comment on, you might want to be a little more tempered in your view--or at least qualify it to say that it was only a few. It only takes a few idiots on either side of the fence to start something that practically no one can stop. And honestly, we(Section 8 and some other Fire fans)are going up there to Toronto for their last home game in October. I look forward to my first trip to their city, and I hope we have a good reception--but your piece just made it a little bit harder for them to want to be good hosts. Thanks jerk. The rest of the article isn't that bad.
    On, on a side note, I haven't made the drive there yet, but I'm positive it takes more than 4 hours....perhaps you meant 14?"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ sense prevails
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments Deleted
    Last edited by Jack; 07-18-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Please do not quote racist comments
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^please keep all hatred directed towards the FIRE gentlemen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^please keep all hatred directed towards the FIRE gentlemen

Well, that shit is NOT fcuking cool... and I won't stand for that.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Are you fucking retarded?!! who the fcuk are you?!?!?! Now all Mexicans are illegal in America?!?! You dumb fcuking cunt...
    you're right.... my apologies.... i was just pissed at the story and should have directed my anger at the writer not the paying fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you fucking retarded?!! who the fcuk are you?!?!?! Now all Mexicans are illegal in America?!?! You dumb fcuking cunt...

Reeeeeeeeelax.... i think he was meaning it more tongue in cheek. We're all on the same team here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sense prevails from a Fire fan...

...but as for "Your shitty 4% beer doesn't phase us, so we had to drink 10x as much to even approach a buzz." this is a fallacy. 5% in Canada and 4% in the US are relatively the same amount of alcohol. Why you ask? They are measured differently. 5% in Canada means by volume and 4% in the US means by weight. Both equal out to be the same....

Think i'm wrong? Look it up..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Fire fans response

"
    Stephen--
    You need to edit your article. I am a Fire supporter, but to be fair, the guys (and gals) that came down from North of the boarder were a far better turnout than any other club; and no, I don't include confused real Chivas fans coming out when the fake goats are in town. Not only that, but a few of them made it all the way to the oposite side of the lot and tailgated with us. They were well-behaved (hate that phrase, but for lack of a better term I'll use it), and they sang OUR national anthem louder than the rest of the stiffs that seperated S8 and them--and let's not even mention that 98% of Americans don't know the Canadian national anthem past the words O Canada .....so I'm not knocking them. Wish you wouldn't.
    I understand that towards the end of the match, or directly after, there was some scuffle that broke out between them and some of the regular joe's in the section next to them--but if that's what you're basing your "classless" comment on, you might want to be a little more tempered in your view--or at least qualify it to say that it was only a few. It only takes a few idiots on either side of the fence to start something that practically no one can stop. And honestly, we(Section 8 and some other Fire fans)are going up there to Toronto for their last home game in October. I look forward to my first trip to their city, and I hope we have a good reception--but your piece just made it a little bit harder for them to want to be good hosts. Thanks jerk. The rest of the article isn't that bad.
    On, on a side note, I haven't made the drive there yet, but I'm positive it takes more than 4 hours....perhaps you meant 14?"
    was just about to post that one....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's my response:

Seriously Ives, how can you let crap like this get posted on your site in the first place. The writer claims that "the Canadians" were classless and disrespected the national anthems, yet does not back up theses statements by explaining what actually occurred. Then he throws in the lack of class statement at the end, perhaps hoping that if he says it enough it will become truth. The only one classless here is the writer. This pile of tripe isn't even good enough for a high school newsletter, how you let it onto your site is beyond belief.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Fire fans response

"
    Stephen--
    Proper clas that.

WALK ON.

We that were there know what happened.

There are some things that the FIRE/S8 and TFC/RPB have in common.

We Sing the anthems. . .

and HATE DC UNITED! haha

but. . . just in case you thought I was soft.

WE'RE PISSING OUT THE FIRE!. . . . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is, the security folks in our section thought our singing of their anthem was the classiest thing they had seen in their building - they were very impressed and commented to both me and my wife about it. They went on about the respectful Canadians all night long - they laughed along with some of our chants, and recognized that we were there to have a good time! Don't let the words of some fool spoil that - I sure won't!