0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we start cheating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team can't manage a game from start to finish. It's either complacency or mental or something. You could have put an excuse on other cases for this season. This one, there isn't. We dominated them for 90 minutes and they were down to 10 men.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the bathurst car heading up as I type this.

Again, if I could have had the point when we started, I'd take it.

To me, from 111, the red was legit.

We stopped playing through the middle and everything died going down our right.

We don't know how to close out games. And we are welded to the 442. Califf for earnshaw would have been a better choice.

Take the point and learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They're not still our most energetic after 73 minutes. This had nothing to do with management. You're conflating two decisions with a bad conclusion that neither of those players had a role in, so that's not very logical.

In fact, we pushed TOO high for the last 10 minutes, giving a 10-man team a chance to counter. If we had played patient buildup and regularly switched fields, we could have used the man advantage to kill the game. So pushing high and different subs wouldn't have made a difference.

People need to stop grabbing the easiest answer and look for the one that actually connects to what happened. O'Dea blew this by giving them a last-chance corner that was totally unnecessary, and then they collectively blew it on the corner.
    Yup. This was freak mistakes and continued inefficiency in defending corners and set pieces. Add in a mental block over closing out games and there's your recipe for disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're not still our most energetic after 73 minutes. This had nothing to do with management. You're conflating two decisions with a bad conclusion that neither of those players had a role in, so that's not very logical.

In fact, we pushed TOO high for the last 10 minutes, giving a 10-man team a chance to counter. If we had played patient buildup and regularly switched fields, we could have used the man advantage to kill the game. So pushing high and different subs wouldn't have made a difference.

People need to stop grabbing the easiest answer and look for the one that actually connects to what happened. O'Dea blew this by giving them a last-chance corner that was totally unnecessary, and then they collectively blew it on the corner.
    Problem was that Nelsen had other players (like Bostock, Califf and Bekker) who should have been subbed in instead of Wiederman, Henry (he's awful RB) and Osorio (Bekker or Bostock would have been better options to replace Silva as a AM than Osorio).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, and players. When you tie or lose, you still come over and thank the fans. Somebody did. And Braun, who looked dazed. The rest of you didn't. Not cool.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-20-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with everything here.

Like I predicted when Boss was signed. Henry`s developmental minutes are none existent now, and we are now developing an American Cb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Agree with everything here.

Like I predicted when Boss was signed. Henry`s developmental minutes are none existent now, and we are now developing an American Cb
    Henry needs to be loaned somewhere to get some playing time in the short term, but Henry still has a lot of upside to become very good CB in MLS. People forget that he's very young player (he just turn 20 today).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Problem was that Nelsen had other players (like Bostock, Califf and Bekker) who should have been subbed in instead of Wiederman, Henry (he's awful RB) and Osorio (Bekker or Bostock would have been better options to replace Silva as a AM than Osorio).
    There's really nothing to suggest Bekker would be better than Osorio. Osorio's outperformed him so far.

And why throw Bostock in when you're trying to close out a game? You want to play low-risk, possession soccer. Bostock is almost the complete opposite of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    Dunno how anyone can blame this on Nelsen's choice of subs... Neither Earnshaw nor Silva could have prevented the goal, and Emory's injury forced Henry to come into the game.

It was a couple of simple, silly mistakes that cost 2 points.

Because you take pressure off your team defensively by attacking.

All this while leaving Lambe on the field who did nothing, the past two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, those were the best 80-odd minutes I've watched since Aguila came to town. I'm not sure if it was because of the high winds, but I can't recall TFC ever putting so much emphasis on playing the ball on the ground. Really effective soccer, that.

That said, this comes down to an uneven talent level across the roster. A couple subs in, and we've got the Best Finisher in the Modern Era hoofing the ball into open space. This was a minute or so before Henry did the same thing. Henry I'll give a pass to because he's young, but Weideman is just not on the level that this team needs. Those were mindless turnovers.

Also - I can't believe I'm actually writing this, but Emory had a solid game. While not mistake free, he never looked in over his afro-less head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    There's really nothing to suggest Bekker would be better than Osorio. Osorio's outperformed him so far.

And why throw Bostock in when you're trying to close out a game? You want to play low-risk, possession soccer. Bostock is almost the complete opposite of that.
    I would have put Bostock in for Earnshaw to play up front with Braun of just below him. Bekker hasn't played his best because he has been playing more deep in the midfield for TFC so far. Bekker plays his best when he plays as an AM. That's his natural position!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold the ball??? Who has better ball skills at keep away and holding balls in corners?? Weedy? Osario?? Or would Silva and Ernie more likely have the skill and talent to get the damn job done. You cannot take your best players off at the 70th minute - absolutely ridiculous!! Get Ephrain or Lamb out - now that would have helped... We push to high with less experienced, less talented players - duh. This would not have come to be if Silva and Ernie were left alone.

Quit making excuses for the coaching staff. They coaches are allowed to make mistakes - just don't park this one on the players. The SUBS SUCKED - they fucked up a solid spine of the team THAT WAS WORKING!
    Last edited by tiberius; 04-20-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is ridiculous, when is this fucking curse going to leave!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    I vote Cochrane, I don't know why but I still blame him for everything.
    I agree. somehow that would make me feel better now....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    Dunno how anyone can blame this on Nelsen's choice of subs... Neither Earnshaw nor Silva could have prevented the goal, and Emory's injury forced Henry to come into the game.

It was a couple of simple, silly mistakes that cost 2 points.

???? The ball would not have been in our end if Silva and Ernie were there... THAT'S HOW THE GOAL WOULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I would have put Bostock in for Earnshaw to play up front with Braun of just below him. Bekker hasn't played his best because he has been playing more deep in the midfield for TFC so far. Bekker plays his best when he plays as an AM. That's his natural position!
    I'd be fine with that Bostock sub but I don't think it would really have made a difference.

Bekker would've been playing deeper if he came on though. But regardless of where he's best used (and I agree AM seems to be his best position) or where he'd have played, I think it's a bit searching to criticize Nelsen for choosing Osorio over him. Like I said, Osorio has managed to impress, so it only makes sense to chose him over Bekker. And he did perfectly fine.

Bekker will probably start against Montreal in mid-week so we'll get a good look at him then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3appleshigh View Post
    Frankly someone needs to lose their job, henry, neilson, an asst.coach as a symbol, something to wake these guys the F up.
    Wonderful idea apples! Lets fire Cochrane!

I now see why he is still around - we need a sacrificial goat!

The ghosts of season's past will continue to haunt us as long as Cochrane is around! Just sayin'...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time last season we had 0 points.....and then played 3 more games and had 0 points....... 0-9 guys. this is clearly an improved team. Let's keep the cyanide tablets and nooses at home a little longer. wadda ya say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subs were garbage today, no doubt. But this is a mindset problem that we've had for years. More often then not, we score a goal and then sit back and hope for the best. It has never worked and it never will. What the fuck is it going to take to teach this team to play until the final whistle?

If it's true, as some of you were saying, that Nelsen was yelling at the team to move into defense mode after we scored, then that is truly disappointing for a coach at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Subs were garbage today, no doubt. But this is a mindset problem that we've had for years. More often then not, we score a goal and then sit back and hope for the best. It has never worked and it never will. What the fuck is it going to take to teach this team to play until the final whistle?

If it's true, as some of you were saying, that Nelsen was yelling at the team to move into defense mode after we scored, then that is truly disappointing for a coach at this level.

I dont see how this can still be a mindset problem with almost everything about this team being "brand new".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    This time last season we had 0 points.....and then played 3 more games and had 0 points....... 0-9 guys. this is clearly an improved team. Let's keep the cyanide tablets and nooses at home a little longer. wadda ya say?
    Ah Sash... can't we have just one eensy weensy goat sacrifice? It would eliminate the possibility of the "Cochrane Curse"!

That being said, the slings and arrows that we endure this year, will only make next year all the sweeter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should have seen the signs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said at the time we need to embrace that cat as our mascot.

On another note, interesting that over an hour later and we still don't have a post game Nelson bit up on Toronto FC. Just one tweet from O'Dea.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-20-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aptone View Post

Henry I'll give a pass to because he's young, but Weideman is just not on the level that this team needs. Those were mindless turnovers.
    Because he's young? Give us a break. Henry's been here since 2010. The experiment is in Year Four. He's had a lot of coaching and numerous spot starts and sub appearances since then. It must be clear to even the most dense of TFC supporters--and judging from some of these posts, that's saying a mouthful-- that this Doneil boy was simply born without a f*cking brain. Still no clue at all what to do with the ball whether or not pressured. ("Hell, there's only a minute left . . . boot it away, just get rid of it!") But of course Henry is "Academy" so management wants to keep bringing the boy along for another fifteen years in case he "pans out" and makes somebody look good! Well it ain't happened yet and it ain't going to. Please get rid of this [self-censorship mode on]. He's not good enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we just start parking a garbage truck in front of our net around the 70th minute?

Fuck me.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's important for Califf to be back in the starting lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back - - FREEZING

I thought we played a great game for 85 minutes - easily could have been up by 3

to me the subs were fine, silva was definitely tiring

as far as i'm concerned if we keep playing like this and learning with this staff we will be fine, we are headed in the right direction and the last thing we need is reactionary fans opinions being taken seriously

i find it sooo Toronto that we're already hearing some calling for Nelsen's head - UNFRICKING BELIEVABLE