Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You express with confidence that Nelson's poor sub choices are the reason for us not getting 3 points. This is absurd. I'm not the biggest Lambe fan, but I thought that he put in a pretty decent effort.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Sorry but Nelson has been making poor substitution choices for the past 3 matches, hence our results when 3points was pretty much assured.

Silva for Osario fine, even though Osario is not an Am like Silva and lacks that creativity. ( even though I still say Osario and Silva should be on the field at the same time,for creativity purposes). Silva was gassed! ok. But bostock is the better switch for that position, Osario should come on for Lambe, who hasnt done anything pretty much this Season but still starts and closes games.

Osario is better to come on for Lambe because he more defensive and maintains possession better.

In a 442 diamond the two outside mids should be box to box, more so than out and out wingers.

The bad sub was leaving an ineffective winger on to park the bus on a 1-nil when the spot he was occupying should have went to a pure CM like Osario or even bekker who are better at spreading play and defending in the middle of the park.

Ephraim started slow but he has the quality to play a deeper role aside from winger, but Lambe is does not.

I rather try Lambe at strike, rather than give him minutes Over Osario in the midfield,

So what I am saying is the subs took the wind out of our sails attacking wise no matter! how you want to slice it,

and forced us to try and hold the lead with the wrong players to do so, the lack of any real attacking presence heaped on the pressure that Tfc defenses have been known to relish in and they had a lapse in concentration after having a good game and dropped the ball that was tossed by Nelson.
    I dont want him fired, but he has to give the team the best chance to win.

His team preparation has been spot on, but substitutions are a sign of real coach and we all know his story.

-Doubleup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry did make a mistake but the real travesty was O'Dea in corner trying to be too cute and dicking around with the ball. Instead of giving up the corner, the ball should have been hoofed up the park or out for a throw in. Now I can see why Leed's fans were calling him O'Dear! Up to this play, I thought his game had really improved this year but his mistake really cost us 2 points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was devastated by the tie on Saturday. ( I did just type loss and had to go back and change it to a tie.) Who couldn't feel it coming though. Why can't this team just get through the last few minutes? That was what was on my mind for the rest of the weekend.

Today I have a new outlook. There have to be positives in the fact that we beat the first place team from the east and tied the 2nd and 3rd place teams. From the west we tied the first place and second place teams. No other team can boast that record! Things have to get better. Perhaps when Spring comes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good:
    -93 out of 94mins of good football against MLS Cup finalists
    -Silva
    -Earnshaw getting 4 good chances from open play

Bad:
    -Emory injury. FB is a cursed position for TFC right now
    -Crap attendance
    -Lambe being clueless with the ball

Ugly:
    -Giving up points yet again

Ratings
    Bendik: 6
    -Didn't have much to do, but when called upon did what he had to do. No chance on Creavalle's header

Richter: 6
    -Looking to be a solid depth pick up. Defence was ok. Crossing and passing was not good though.

Boss: 6
    -Again, did what he had to do, except for one poor pass early in game

O'Dea: 6
    -Did everything good, until that one mistake leading to Houston's goal. A shame really.

Emory: 6.5
    -For a guy who haven't played much, slid in fine at LB. Defensively was solid and showed more on offence than Richter. Good depth player at his salary.

Hall: 7
    -Probably his best TFC game in a while. Hustles on D. Nice goal. Is learning to simplify his game. Can't defend for shit on 1v1 still, but he pressures and makes challenges, making it difficult for opposition to pass through the middle.

Silva: 8 (MoM)
    -The cog in offence last game. Deft little flicks and passes created chances. Has vision often missing from TFC mids. Just don't give him a defensive role.

Lambe: 5.5
    -Works hard tracking back, but poor decision making with the ball. Held on to the ball way too long couple of times, losing possession.

Ephraim: 5.5
    -Invisible for most of the game, though he did better in 2nd half. With more team chemistry, Ephraim may still have a role with TFC. If it's a choice between Lambe and Ephraim, I'd take Ephraim.

Braun: 7
    -Underappreciated by most I think. His hold up play creates space for Earnshaw to maneuver. Not the best technically, but he's getting better. Would have had a goal on that diving header if not for a good save by Tally Hall.

Earnshaw: 7
    -If a crossbar and a post is his 'off day', I think he's a keeper. Instinctively knows where the goal is. And having room to make his runs is making his game even more dangerous.

Nelsen: 7
    -Thought he got the lineup right and his subs would have worked on another day. Silva and Earnshaw were gassed, so having them replaced was fine, esp if Nelsen plans on playing first team for Wed game vs Mtl. Henry for Emory was forced. Nelsen can only do so much from the bench and his team played 93 mins of good football. On another day, TFC would have won 2-0 at least.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    You express with confidence that Nelson's poor sub choices are the reason for us not getting 3 points. This is absurd. I'm not the biggest Lambe fan, but I thought that he put in a pretty decent effort.

I realized after watching a 3 game pattern!.

With the potential in the squad atm in a par league, we are certainly not maximizing our potential....we outclassed Houston the MLS cup finalist, that should be indicator enough that we are not maximizing the squads potential.

We keep drawing games because, yes ladies and gentlemen we are good enough to win

But we are not being setup up to close the gameout.

Bostock was on the bench he would been a perfect sub to move the ball forward and lighten the load on Earnshaw up top, while still being able to keep Earnshaw on the pitch but at a reduced work rate, or Sub Earnshaw(Like he did) and have Braun knock down balls to bostock up top while you commence to park your bus by subbing midfielders for wingers.

Alot squad movement is still steeped in politics.

we are starving the first team of talent/ability because its politically correct.

I would not blame any one player. I only mention lambe because his spot on the field can be maximized by using a player who passes and tackles better.

in conclusion the substitutions in my eyes are not giving us enough edge to close teams out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    i figured it out!
    it's our bus.
    we need a new bus!

we keep parking the ...

Love it! Could you change the color, add a couple of logos, and pass it on to the team (or Nelsen) - they will appreciate the humour (after a couple of days)