Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree.
    The Subs were ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing worse than today's loss was to come on here and find some of the stupid comments calling for Nelsons and/or Payne`s head. These two inherited an absolute joke of a team and have turned it around into one that competes every week and can hold their own against the best in the league. Yes there are clearly still holes in the roster but nobody is going to just give us good players just for the sake of helping us. Good deals on good players don't grow on trees but for the first time in the history of this franchise I'm confident that they'll come in due time. In the meantime Nelson continues to improve the players he has and gets the most out of them every week. The ties will soon become wins and I encourage anyone not patient enough to wait to stay far away from this forum and spare the rest of us your negativeity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love the hyperbole from some fans. TFC plays the most dominant game I've seen since the Winter era, players were making space and winning the ball. Hall had probably his best ever game in TFC red. Silva was brilliant and is probably the reason why we were on the front foot so much. I must say he has improved quite a bit from last season when he was pretty horrible as the AM.
    Yet half of what I read is all "this or that player is shit", "coach is an amateur", "the subs killed us", etc. It seems like a lot of fans prefer to be dominated the whole game and steal a point than to dominate and lose them. TBH I thought Weideman for Earnshaw was a good sub because he works his ass off and is better defensively. He also didn't really do anything wrong when he came in, so I don't really see the point of harping on him. Also Silva had to be taken out because he was running out of gas. Osorio is good enough and also didn't do anything wrong. You simply can't leave your starting XI out the entire game just because their winning. You need fresh legs or else the opposition will be running rings around your players by the end

Braun adds an extra dimension to our attack, but he simply isn't good enough. I can't wait for Koev to come back and Partner Earnshaw since he's essentially the same type of player as Braun, only 10x better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva played well for the most part, but he was noticeably tiring. Nelsen also mentioned it in his interview. Before Silva was subbed, he was getting involved less & not keeping the ball as well. I don't have a problem with the Osorio sub for him. Osorio has shown he can help to maintain possession, which TFC really needs to do to finish off games (unlike the possession shit-show last week vs. Philly).

I had more problems with the Earnshaw substitution. He also helps to maintain possession, harasses the opposing defenders so it's difficult for them to build up play -- and he's a constant scoring threat, making it hard for the other team to push forward towards the end. HOWEVER, perhaps Earnshaw had to be subbed. TFC is playing 2 games per week for the next couple of weeks, and we absolutely need Earnshaw fit & fresh every game. I'm really surprised that a few folks here on the board don't realize that, and castigate Nelsen for taking Earnshaw off at all.

But I can't quite agree with Ajax: even if Earnshaw had to be subbed, I thought putting Wiedeman in his place was a bad idea. Weeds can't help to maintain possession; isn't fast enough to give the opponents much grief, and isn't strong or tall enough to provide much defensive help. I really don't see why Bostock or maybe Bekker didn't come on for Earnshaw instead. They could have switched to 4-5-1 with at least one MF staying fairly involved in the attack. Bostock in particular can hold the ball, provides some threat going forward, and is a taller/stronger presence in the box than Weeds, on set plays at both ends of the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We didn't lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    The only thing worse than today's loss was to come on here and find some of the stupid comments calling for Nelsons and/or Payne`s head. These two inherited an absolute joke of a team and have turned it around into one that competes every week and can hold their own against the best in the league. Yes there are clearly still holes in the roster but nobody is going to just give us good players just for the sake of helping us. Good deals on good players don't grow on trees but for the first time in the history of this franchise I'm confident that they'll come in due time. In the meantime Nelson continues to improve the players he has and gets the most out of them every week. The ties will soon become wins and I encourage anyone not patient enough to wait to stay far away from this forum and spare the rest of us your negativeity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, funny I wrote that knowing full well it was a draw. Goes to show how disappointing these last minute goals are, they truly leave you with the impression of having lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some idle thoughts now that thinking about the game stings a little less:

- Below average performance from Boss. Not terrible but below the standard he set with his past starts.
    - Emory was solid
    - Richter was decent on the defensive end and pretty poor going forward
    - O'Dea was great except for you know what
    - Best performance I've seen from Hall
    - Ephraim might have the best first touch on this team, it's just odd how he doesn't seem to get too involved most of the time, can't quite put my finger on it
    - Lambe was a bit above his standard but I still want to see more from a starter
    - As Ajax said, Braun adds a dimension to our attack that makes it worth it to start him, but a healthy Koef is going to make us twice as effective, no doubt
    - Silva is a beast
    - Earnshaw is a beast, shame about the crossbar and post; dat bicycle kick
    - Let's beat the fucking Red Bulls, Henry can suck it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, funny I wrote that knowing full well it was a draw. Goes to show how disappointing these last minute goals are, they truly leave you with the impression of having lost.
    Agreed. It did feel as bad as a loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are going into the 90th minute up by 1, the game will finish as a draw, if we are tied, we'll lose, if we are up by two we'll win by one goal. The subs were shit. I'm sick of these fucking games. We should be refunded of our tickets. Going to these games are slowly making me depressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally aGREE THESE LAST MINUTE TIES ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY BUT 12 MONTHS AGO WE DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE POINT AT THE SAME TIME LAST YEAR SO THERE IS DEFINANTLY IMPROVEMENT AND ALL THIS TALK OF FIRING NELSON IS JUST RUBBISH HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB. WE ARE SLOWLY GETTING BETTER BIT BY BIT I TRULY BELIEVE IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    If we are going into the 90th minute up by 1, the game will finish as a draw, if we are tied, we'll lose, if we are up by two we'll win by one goal. The subs were shit. I'm sick of these fucking games. We should be refunded of our tickets. Going to these games are slowly making me depressed
    I totally agree but we could be winless I guess..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    I totally aGREE THESE LAST MINUTE TIES ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY BUT 12 MONTHS AGO WE DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE POINT AT THE SAME TIME LAST YEAR SO THERE IS DEFINANTLY IMPROVEMENT AND ALL THIS TALK OF FIRING NELSON IS JUST RUBBISH HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB. WE ARE SLOWLY GETTING BETTER BIT BY BIT I TRULY BELIEVE IT

Wow bro, big problem with your PC, your "caps lock" button stuck in, you need to take it to a PC doctor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People can keep trying to re-hash the sub argument but the point is they were terrible, and we ended up losing the momentum because of them.

I dont think Nelsen needs to be fired, but I do think he needs to go to substitution school or atleast take an online course.
    Last edited by DoubleUp; 04-21-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

their play impressed me in the second half, getting better as a team, need to just not get too bummed out aobut this and move on tons of games left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saying "we got more points this season compared to last season" is funny to me, this team was the worst in mls history for the first part of last season, they got 23 pts all season and the point a game pace we are at today doesn't realy improve playoff chances.

what i see this season is a team that can compete with most in mls but cannot finish games, this season could be more stressfull compared to last season

fix it nelson

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb When registered users make ridiculous posts.....

The only thing worse than today's loss was to come on here and find some of the stupid comments calling for Nelsons and/or Payne`s head. T.......
    Please use Add to this user's reputation button to help keep extreme posters in check. That's what I do and it makes me feel sooo much better.

It can be very helpful. It's like a form of self help therapy.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game....best game the team played so far this year....absolutely gutted by the tie....but put in perspective....drive on! Management has made something of this team that I had minimal expectations with. I am not going to repeat above comments, but it's time for the negative people to wise up. We have been competitive against all the top clubs...crappy players (e.g Hall) have been enormously better, and we have lots of games to continue to improve. I believe management has performed a miracle. Don't get me wrong, I am not complacent by any means, and demand continued improvement....but Rome was not built in a day, and we are not losing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the same old thing, individual mistakes are costing us, and it was the captains turn. Its a shame we should have at least another six extra points if wasn't for these fucken stupid basic mistakes theses players keep making. Its very hard to keep supporting this team when I constantly see the same shit over and over, year after year. Its very FUCKEN frustrating !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm concerned at the fact we couldn't score an insurance goal against 10 men at home when they should know the late game pressure would be huge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelly should make 3 subs in a game no matter what

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people can't see the forest from the trees.

The fact that we have tied a bunch of games we could have won is good news.

If anyone had posted here on March 1 that TFC would only lose twice in its first 7 games, they would have been ridiculed for it.

The late game problem is a chemistry problem. The players just don't know each other well enough yet.

If Nelsen is smart he'll ignore the whole subject of the late game mistakes, and just pat the boys on the back. He has many positives to build on.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    I'm concerned at the fact we couldn't score an insurance goal against 10 men at home when they should know the late game pressure would be huge
    This pretty much sums it up for me. Houston was playing without their best player for half the game. They were given a stupid red card. They were playing in bitter cold and windy conditions before a largely hostile crowd. Turn the table, place TFC in that position: playing without our top player, with 10 men from a ridiculous card, playing in 100 degree heat in a hostile stadium and would u expect a result? For those of u with short memories our team has buckled under similar conditions dozens of times. Houston is a better club. We were lucky to get the draw. Think of Reading playing in the EPL where losing is normal and getting a draw is a cause for celebration. Payne is doing what he can, so are the coaches. But, get used to this, our team is at least six players away from being an mls contender.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with us is our too high expectations. This is a half-rebuilt team with still a significant contingent from last year's worst team in the world. Nelsen has significantly outperformed expectations by turning some total crap players mixed with a few good ones into reasonably competitive. A team of our current quality should have been dispatched 3-1 by Houston. Instead, we got a tie! I'm hopeful that the summer transfer window will bring enough improvement to make our team average. In the meantime just enjoy the games.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-21-2013 at 09:31 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Agree with everything here.

Like I predicted when Boss was signed. Henry`s developmental minutes are none existent now, and we are now developing an American Cb
    this is a very good point and unfortunately for Henry and maybe a carear destroyer
    Last edited by jazzy; 04-21-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Hold the ball??? Who has better ball skills at keep away and holding balls in corners?? Weedy? Osario?? Or would Silva and Ernie more likely have the skill and talent to get the damn job done. You cannot take your best players off at the 70th minute - absolutely ridiculous!! Get Ephrain or Lamb out - now that would have helped... We push to high with less experienced, less talented players - duh. This would not have come to be if Silva and Ernie were left alone.

Quit making excuses for the coaching staff. They coaches are allowed to make mistakes - just don't park this one on the players. The SUBS SUCKED - they fucked up a solid spine of the team THAT WAS WORKING!
    unfortunately it seems you weren't at the game,. or you would have seen close up Silva and Earnshaw were dead, it was freezing and they were in the end making mental errors. exhausted.The coach Neilson, not everyone here thankfully,...had not many options....I only wish it was Lambe who came off because he is a huge ball hog afraid of any contact, BUT because of that he probably was fresher than the rest who gave it their all the WHOLE game. Can't emphasize the difficult conditions yesterday, but Houston at the end realized somehow they could salvage something. Why? BTW although Braun doesn't have Koev's touch houston was afraid of him and he brings a toughness needed with our lighter weights up front.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    This time last season we had 0 points.....and then played 3 more games and had 0 points....... 0-9 guys. this is clearly an improved team. Let's keep the cyanide tablets and nooses at home a little longer. wadda ya say?
    great perspective.....remember this year was a write off and now we're supposed to in a few mths win the title. We do have a 90 min breakdown but in our first year going forward it surely would be something. The more we progress the more the shortcomings will rise to the surface......and they will be attended to now rarther than later.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    rear

this is a very good point and unfortunately for Henry and maybe a carear destroyer
    If you arent good enough, you dont deserve mins. Full stop

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Some people can't see the forest from the trees.

The fact that we have tied a bunch of games we could have won is good news.

If anyone had posted here on March 1 that TFC would only lose twice in its first 7 games, they would have been ridiculed for it.

The late game problem is a chemistry problem. The players just don't know each other well enough yet.

If Nelsen is smart he'll ignore the whole subject of the late game mistakes, and just pat the boys on the back. He has many positives to build on.
    Agree 100%
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    saying "we got more points this season compared to last season" is funny to me, this team was the worst in mls history for the first part of last season, they got 23 pts all season and the point a game pace we are at today doesn't realy improve playoff chances.

what i see this season is a team that can compete with most in mls but cannot finish games, this season could be more stressfull compared to last season

fix it nelson
    for the benefit of your own sanity maybe it's best to take a TFC vacation.

The odds of getting that much clamoured for success in the short run this year is slim. If we even compete for a playoff spot that's a monumental improvement considering where we've come from. A club as messed up as TFC is not going to fix itself in 6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks chill.

last year at this point we had 0 points... the first year under Winter we had 7 points.

We have lost two games.

Yesterdays game was horrible to lose. We came into the season expecting to be walked over.

We can tasted success, we are biting at the clamp for it. That is a good thing... We've played the best MLS can toss at us and we have held.

Nelson is playing the long game. Worried about injuries, and several games in a short period with more travel then most Euro teams have in a year. I'm disappointed but it's not like we were playing a basement dwelling team like TFC we were playing a regular championship contender. The boys screwed up, Nelson made a questionable decision for long term health.

In the past we have done well in the early portion of the season and then ended up going on long losing streaks.

Personally if this is building something, if the play I saw on that field is going to continue, and the form only improves into the summer, we have a foundation for the future, that is a good thing.
    Last edited by Kaz; 04-21-2013 at 11:22 AM.