Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    4-1-2-1-2:
    Bendik
    Ecks - Agboss - O'dea - Morgan
    Laba
    Lambe - - - - Ephraim
    Silva
    Braun - Earnshaw
    I think Nelsen either goes with this or a 4-4-1-1 with CMs of Hall and Laba, Silva at CF and Earnshaw ST.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I think Nelsen either goes with this or a 4-4-1-1 with CMs of Hall and Laba, Silva at CF and Earnshaw ST.
    I'd like to see that until Koev is fit.

After that, I'd play Koev and Earnshaw up front to see if they can work some magic, with either a diamond or flat four in the mid.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...p-torsten-frin

Couple of quotes from Laba.

"I knew that the club wanted to sign me for a while now and they expressed interest," Laba told FutbolMLS.com from Buenos Aires. "The city, the quality of life and also the financial aspects helped me come to this decision. Now, I have to give it my all to succeed in Toronto and I see this as a chance to showcase my skills to other teams."

"It's an honor to be signed as a replacement for Frings because I know the type of player he is and I saw him play many times on TV," Laba said. "I'm a bit of a different player and someone who is not at the same level as him, because I haven't accomplished all that he has accomplished, but I will do my best to make sure his absence is not felt."Laba describes himself as a defensive midfielder who can cover a lot of ground and tries to move the ball out of midfield as quickly and cleanly as possible. He is happy for the opportunity that TFC have presented him and is anxious to begin the second phase of his career in a growing league that he believes will challenge him.
    "MLS is getting bigger and bigger," said Laba. "There are big-name players here and you have to be at a good level to play here, so hopefully I can adapt fairly quickly."
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Oops, $1.3 million transfer fee, no seat belts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to lie, I was much more excited by the prospect of having Maxi Urruti than Laba. But circumstances conspired against Urruti and Laba is here, thankfully. It's risky, in that he's hired not for what he's done in the past but what we hope he can do in the future. But + risk leads to + reward, could be very good for both TFC and Laba, not to mention both could make a vast amount of money if he shines and gets picked up by a top team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things

Payne said he's not been bought to stay on the bench.

&

Nelsen as much as said he's starting on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too funny, the guy with the long hair you see at the end is one of my son's coaches, that was his suv they were coming back in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Not going to lie, I was much more excited by the prospect of having Maxi Urruti than Laba.
    Can't agree on that, I was lukewarm about Urruti, his highlight reel was not terribly impressive and he wasn't getting much minutes until there was an injury.

With Earnshaw, DK, Braun and Weeds + Silva & Bostock having the ability to play up top, I figured we are solid there.

Hall has gotten better, but even with Laba we STILL need at least one depth holding mid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Can't agree on that, I was lukewarm about Urruti, his highlight reel was not terribly impressive and he wasn't getting much minutes until there was an injury.

With Earnshaw, DK, Braun and Weeds + Silva & Bostock having the ability to play up top, I figured we are solid there.

Hall has gotten better, but even with Laba we STILL need at least one depth holding mid.
    Laba, Hall, Dunfield, Russell, and Bekker looks to be groomed into a DM of sorts
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Not going to lie, I was much more excited by the prospect of having Maxi Urruti than Laba. But circumstances conspired against Urruti and Laba is here, thankfully. It's risky, in that he's hired not for what he's done in the past but what we hope he can do in the future. But + risk leads to + reward, could be very good for both TFC and Laba, not to mention both could make a vast amount of money if he shines and gets picked up by a top team.
    I'm glad Laba worked out and Urruti didn't. If Urruti came, Silva would be a bench warmer and I really like the kid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Laba, Hall, Dunfield, Russell, and Bekker looks to be groomed into a DM of sorts
    You think Russell and Bekker?

What gives you that indication?

Bekker has mostly looked like an AM, maybe alongside Hall/Dunfield /Laba I guess?

Is Russell smart enough? It is likely the hardest position after CB as far as football intelligence goes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    You think Russell and Bekker?

What gives you that indication?

Bekker has mostly looked like an AM, maybe alongside Hall/Dunfield /Laba I guess?

Is Russell smart enough? It is likely the hardest position after CB as far as football intelligence goes.
    If you watched Montreal game, Bekker was playing more of holding role while Osorio was the one playing more advanced.

Russell played CM/DM in England mostly apparently

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else speak Spanish on the team?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    Does anyone else speak Spanish on the team?
    Silva. Osorio

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ece-their-core

Laba article with press conference vid

Has a bit of scared rabbit look on his face due to not understanding English.

Models his game after Javier Mascherano. River Plate and Argentinos Juniors youth product.
    Last edited by Yohan; 04-28-2013 at 01:21 PM.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran into Matias after the game yesterday and seems excited to be here and was gracious enough to sign two TFC pics I had of him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he is cleared to play and by the Ryan Nelsen interview I am guessing he does.

Also, got word from tfc that he will wear #20