Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I knew i should've held out on buying a Urutti jersey. Now i have to figure out how to turn his name into "Davies"
    Haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The quote there says he has essentially played his last game for them.
    Oh it's the quote. So you don't get a red card for being transferred.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Not as far as I'm aware
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Unless it's to the worst team in the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Davies story, that really makes no sense. It could easily be an example of what I suggested when the Urruti stories first got hot, ie it's Nelsen or Payne doing a favour for an agent, by lending their name to something (or more precisely, not refuting a widespread rumour that gets into the mainstream media), to help someone get an auction going.

Davies could make sense as a veteran piece for an MLS contender. RSL and LA, for instance, could use insurance up front.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That Davies story, that really makes no sense. It could easily be an example of what I suggested when the Urruti stories first got hot, ie it's Nelsen or Payne doing a favour for an agent, by lending their name to something (or more precisely, not refuting a widespread rumour that gets into the mainstream media), to help someone get an auction going.

Davies could make sense as a veteran piece for an MLS contender. RSL and LA, for instance, could use insurance up front.
    I haven't seen him play, I know there are people here who mainline football so many of you know better but, is it at all possible that he has a season in him as a sub?

We have been lucky with injuries so far, but we had our 5th and 6th fullbacks on the pitch on Saturday. We can burn through Earnshaw and Braun pretty quickly. If Davies were to cost $100k or something, and can pot a few goals, wouldn't it be decent insurance?
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I knew i should've held out on buying a Urutti jersey. Now i have to figure out how to turn his name into "Davies"
    LOL - adidas needs to come up with a TFC jersey with a velcro name patch on the back, NFL style. Club shop could sell name patches strips and blank ones for the "rumored signing of the week" feature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was a Matias Laba thread ?!?!? Bring-er back !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Picture of Laba signing something.

For you REDJUVE, anything

Moralis' links still work (they update)

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?...0laba&src=typd

Some super keen stuff (with help of google translate)

*Note, time is now 10:08am so you can figure times based on that*

enrique sacco @ enriquesacco58m
    # Argentine Matias Laba terminated his contract to join the Toronto FC. When you quedan1.3 Bug million. Via @ Jbruno84

Nicholas Herrera @ Nicobichi1h
    Confirms @ alanyajia that Matías Laba afternoon signing his contract termination and Sunday traveling to Canada to join the Toronto FC.
    Learello @ Learello1h
    "The pass was confirmed Matías Laba to MLS "I do not understand most anything! @ PasionPaternal # AAAJ

And here is an article:

News , Football - April 23, 2013 22:23
    Laba goes to Toronto

Posted by Alejandro Calumite

Rate (8 Votes)
    The central midfielder will be transferred to the MLS team and, although there was no official figures, the club would be left clean U $ S 1,350,000. This Wednesday will end up signing the papers and Sunday will be traveling towards North America. It is the third to be the Bug in this semester.Controversy door no opposing managers to part with it at this critical stage of the tournament.

And it goes nomas Matías Laba. While the official information will be announced in the next few hours, or perhaps on Wednesday when the details are concluded, the fact that the Argentine central midfielder will be transferred to Toronto FC in a deal that would leave the club U $ S 1,350. 000 clean through the transfer of midfielder of 21 years, will travel Sunday to North America.
    It was all agreed in recent weeks. However, both the player, when asked by the media, like the president, at the last meeting of Executive Committee, denied the deal. Moreover in those days it was said that it was all signed and that the April 29 go to the United States. And it will.
    This Wednesday evening and CD will be meeting several leaders plan to oppose the transfer. However, the pressure exerted by the player's environment the urgency of money you have the club in dire need of a significant income, made a settlement is reached a few weeks ago.
    Caruso addressed the issue in practice this morning: "On top of that I have trouble putting together the team, now going Laba" acknowledged DT Tuesday at UTA, dissatisfied with the decision of some leaders to transfer the player who becomes the third to leave as he fights for the Final Tournament: the first was José Carlos Fernández and the second Leonel Nunez.
    A Laba you happen to go in the worst way, in the middle of a tournament and after expulsion why many point to it as one of those responsible for the defeat on the field of Tiger. Lets you good money to the club, it's true.But the fans the feeling that there is a happy ending beyond the money coming into the coffers of the club.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But did he sign the contract? I only see him holding pen over paper /sarcasm

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha google translations are always funny

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's SINISTER!!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Their supporters are pretty pissed about him getting sent off in a pivotal match for them that could have implications in their relegation. Many seem to think it was on purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell is going on here.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reading the comments on this article: http://www.pasionpaternal.com.ar/201...va-al-toronto/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the comments on this article: http://www.pasionpaternal.com.ar/201...va-al-toronto/
    Better yet, here are some of the best google translations:

Carlos1961 April 23, 2013 17:31 I understand that the kids want to ensure the future. The "old" (parents, guardians, Dt `s, leaders) are doing something wrong. These kids are ill-advised. Erased in 3 games so they built with much sacrifice and effort. Matthias Last night was miserable. Many times they did throw the fart, but last night was unusually grotesque. Lucky kid,, but remember not to walk paths that can not return.
    Califica

ricardo sirna April 23, 2013 18:43 IS IRRESPONSIBLE, WRONG INTENDED, TO LEAVE AND NO MORE RETURN, WE REPORT ON THE FUTURE, TO SEE IF WE RECEIVE THE KING'S BODY.
    Califica

pablo_88 April 23, 2013 19:27 There are people who oppose?????? IT TOOK THE AIRPORT AND GIVE CANADIANS WITH A BOW AND GIFT WRAPPED! one yellow per game and yesterday yesterday .......... .......... laba bye, good luck and thanks for everything
    Califica

This one's almost biblical....

cristian77 April 23, 2013 19:47

The sad ending of this novel, I think the club's coffers can expect to June amid the context in which we live. And you Matthew, you are giving back, and go to the club that formed thee.
    I have the feeling that this third outing of a player, regardless of the previous two owners were not, are the bill pass the president's current coach. Bank is hiring, but really these maneuvers, I suspect, make Caruso once we save, paste the door.
    Regards

marianox April 23, 2013 20:44 Negociòn. The best of recent years. And eye that do not get along at all with Segura.
    If a leader is opposed only to counter baseless.
    This kid is an ass.
    Some say out there that will play in most competitive leagues. Please! B is for Metro.
    That is good besides running Laba meaningless? Somebody answer me. Able to see I did not know.
    Some fans say by what they say, not by what they see (in fact, do not understand football).
    Let him go already! Before they repent.
    Capurro, Iñiguez, Vazquez, Navarro and even some of the reserve are Redondo beside this Flintstones.
    I do not understand how it got to be five in the top-five club.
    Laba Chau. It was time!

fede April 24, 2013 11:52 Laba: I can take a shit! Hopefully you freeze the ass in winter!
    Leaders: They're a mess. You can not sell a player mid-tournament! Especially for that dosh (although Laba not worth more than that, if I want to take a mid-tournament must be in a fortune unexplained). In addition, they would have to have waited, minimum, to get well Iñiguez. -
    And although almost always says Bicho boedo seem unreason, does not sound so crazy what he wrote on this occasion (Remember the Racing Marin negotiated.) -
    Regards

Ah Google. You rule the world and crack us, consistently, up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their supporters are pretty pissed about him getting sent off in a pivotal match for them that could have implications in their relegation. Many seem to think it was on purpose.
    it seems to me most think we're seriously overpaying. But that may be sour grapes. A few others say they're now doomed to going down.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    it seems to me most think we're seriously overpaying. But that may be sour grapes. A few others say they're now doomed to going down.
    I think it's a mix of them being pissed at him leaving and them trying to find the positives of getting a good fee. There is also a lot of frustration with the club. It sounds like their club hasn't been very good the last little while.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see that one of the Argentinians is coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't give a shit how much we're paying for him. The only figure that matters to me is 200k cap hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a mix of them being pissed at him leaving and them trying to find the positives of getting a good fee. There is also a lot of frustration with the club. It sounds like their club hasn't been very good the last little while.
    So you're saying he's well qualified to play for us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their anger is a positive for us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I wonder what that feels like?
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting story referenced by someone on Laba's twitter feed that he re-tweeted:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-...0661--sow.html

Maybe we can steal a Huracan player or two

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked Nelsen about Laba. He said, with a sly smile: "We're always looking to improve the squad. Matias Laba is an incredible player so if he joins the Toronto squad I'll be more than happy."

I think we can read between the lines here. Check out the post game presser vid when it comes out and you'll see the mannerisms behind the answer. It should be the last question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"incredible player"? That's some compliment!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    I asked Nelsen about Laba. He said, with a sly smile: "We're always looking to improve the squad. Matias Laba is an incredible player so if he joins the Toronto squad I'll be more than happy."

I think we can read between the lines here. Check out the post game presser vid when it comes out and you'll see the mannerisms behind the answer. It should be the last question.
    I think you're spot on and we've got him signed. Nelsen's face said it all, as did the way in which he answered the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty much it, we got him. Some very interesting other tidbits there including why Davies and Urrutti did not work out.

"Not completely satisfied with his current roster, Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen is still looking to bring in a couple of players before the May 6 transfer deadline.

Though moves for Bolton midfielder Kevin Davies and midfielder Maximiliano Urruti of Newell’s Old Boys in Argentina fell through in the last two days, Nelsen is closing in on another Argentine player.
    Matias Laba, a midfielder for Argentinos Juniors and a former member of Argentina’s U-20 National Team, is expected to complete a transfer to TFC by this Sunday, with an official announcement to come later this week. The 21-year-old has made 19 starts for his Buenos Aires-based club this season.

It had been previously reported that Nelsen was close to a deal with Urruti and Newell’s Old Boys, but that was before manager Gerardo Martino decided the midfielder was too important to lose in the middle of their season. On Wednesday, Davies reportedly hit a contract snag, causing his proposed move to Toronto to disintegrate."

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/04/...nterested.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argentinos Juniors announce the deal has been accepted by their board:

http://www.argentinosjuniors.com.ar/.../20130424_2887

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a video compilation of Laba's work in the midfield. Looks like a very solid defender and distributor...