Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    It's really that bad there? Was thinking of going down one year.
    PPL Park is great, Philly downtown is great. Just don't stop in Chester.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay just sounded like it was not a safe idea. It's probably no Honduras but bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Okay just sounded like it was not a safe idea. It's probably no Honduras but bad.
    probably not as bad....

we saw one guy pistol whip another, and cops arresting one guy with 3 cruisers... military curfew after sundown... cabs won't go in there to pick us up when it's dark.... cops gets killed in daylight (that's what triggered military curfew)....

granted.. that was.. 3 -4 years ago?
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eckersley (and Dunfield) out of training today so pretty much confirmed he won't be playing Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have vivid memories of Preki getting 90% approval ratings for most of his tenure, and I'm worried that expectations are too high.

We are on the road against a decent team. We want to win, maybe will win or draw, but if we lose, it's probably what we should expect.

We are always handicapped by our climate in the early and late season - most other teams practice on grass, while we train indoors on turf. (It was and is a beautiful week in Philly this week, btw)

We are making progress and getting results, but we're still not a very good team. We have more points than we probably should.

I just don't want people to turn on Nelsen if lose some games here. I expect we're going to get blown out of a few games. We have no chemistry, nobody has played with anybody for very long. This Argentine business can't be good for the room.

That said, I am feeling better about the team than I have in years. I just hope people can be realistic about where we are.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-11-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have vivid memories of Preki getting 90% approval ratings for most of his tenure, and I'm worried that expectations are too high.

We are on the road against a decent team. We want to win, maybe will win or draw, but if we lose, it's probably what we should expect.

We are always handicapped by our climate in the early and late season - most other teams practice on grass, while we train indoors on turf. (It was and is a beautiful week in Philly this week, btw)

We are making progress and getting results, but we're still not a very good team. We have more points than we probably should.

I just don't want people to turn on Nelsen if lose some games here. I expect we're going to get blown out of a few games. We have no chemistry, nobody has played with anybody for very long. This Argentine business can't be good for the room.

That said, I am feeling better about the team than I have in years. I just hope people can be realistic about where we are.
    +1

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You encapsulated how I feel. Well expressed.
    However, this is a winnable game. We just shouldn't get upset if things go south for a while.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that proves it- Biggest game in our history this Saturday! The health of the franchise and its fans depends on it! It's ensco endorsed!

Srsly tho...Agreed
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that pretty much says it. they have to get their feet under them. That's a full season, minimum, when you consider we apparently didn't even have a scouting network in place. I'm still so in reset mode I wouldn't hold it against them if all this Argentine talk were a smokescreen and they were still working on a couple of hondurans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RB or LB, Ecks gives his best every game . . .

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Eckersley (and Dunfield) out of training today so pretty much confirmed he won't be playing Saturday.
    Hey if Ecks is not 100%, he should sit this one out.
    We need him for our next home game.
    J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Which means we'll win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, that pretty much says it. they have to get their feet under them. That's a full season, minimum, when you consider we apparently didn't even have a scouting network in place. I'm still so in reset mode I wouldn't hold it against them if all this Argentine talk were a smokescreen and they were still working on a couple of hondurans.
    I still get tired of signings being announced before they are official. TFC should be far enough along the learning curve to know that announcing these signings too soon just makes them look bush league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    The youtube video of the Union fan is absolutely hilarious!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byce...mbedded#at=177
    "Am I at least a little right?"

No, there is nothing right...at all...about this video.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was painful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    I still get tired of signings being announced before they are official. TFC should be far enough along the learning curve to know that announcing these signings too soon just makes them look bush league.
    They haven't announced them though... they've been leaked/rumored.

Unless you're referring to Payne telling the media he is on the verge of signing "an Argentinian". Then it's a double-edged sword. If he talks, people complain that he's winding up the fanbase without the signings being official yet, and if he doesn't, people complain that he's not making any signings and he's not taking good care of the team (like what was being said prior to the last week before the start of the season when Payne brought in a bunch of guys in the final days).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard so much about the Argentinians I've lost track of what was official.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik; Russell, Agbossoumonde, O'Dea, Morgan; Lambe, Silva, Hall, Ephraim; Braun, Earnshaw..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we're going 4-4-2. Silva's first start, Boss stays in, Ephraim back to LM and Bostock gets the bench.

Subs: Frei, Califf, Richter, Bekker, Osorio, Bostock, Wiedeman.
    Last edited by notthesun; 04-13-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm cool with giving Boss a chance to fight for that spot. Califf possibly wasn't as close to game fitness as was let on.

I know there hasn't been a lot of positive energy about Lambe on here, but maybe starting him over Bostock will be good for both of them? Possible half time switch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could either see Bostock swap in for whichever is doing worse between Lambe and Ephraim, or we could see him come in and play CF in a switch to a 4-4-1-1, taking Braun off if he and Earnshaw together aren't clicking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gutsy choice to bench Bostock, but a good choice imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, when did we EVER have that much depth on our bench?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bench Bostock instead of Lambe??? Maybe it's because of FCD's second goal last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock wasn't great last week, which is the main reason. But he also has more value than Lambe coming off the bench. Lambe is better defensively, which should help us ride things out early. Bostock is far better than Lambe going forward so he'll be more effective coming off the bench and dribbling against tired defenders. On the road, I can see why Nelsen would rather take the "safe" option in Lambe initially.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    bench Bostock instead of Lambe??? Maybe it's because of FCD's second goal last week.
    Could be a diamond 4-4-2 which doesn't suite Bostock unless he's playing AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time's a tickin' down.

Go Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stream-of-the-week
    stream for the game this week im told its free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.... this might be another stream:

http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/hippi.../stream17.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big questions today for me:

1. Can Ephraim be more effective at LM than CF?
    2. Can Morgan bounce back?
    3. Can Silva play a deeper midfield role well?
    4. Can Braun show he has value from the start of a game, not just when we're pounding balls into the box in the last 10 minutes?