Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently there are two reserve games this year at Downsview. Not sure if they are pay-to-get-in games, but if they are I hope the money goes to charity or something. We stayed for the first half of the game, then we left due to the cold. It's not as warm when there's only 30 or so people there to keep you warm. It was a lot of fun though, sitting at centre field right down at the rail. The game yesterday seemed more fast paced, and the refs were letting a heck of a lot more go than in the league game earlier. I encourage all to stick around to as many as you can, it's one way to see what kind of depth we have as a squad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://22066.vws.magma.ca/reports13/13tfc006.htm

Here's a few pictures of that game.

If I ever find out who #55 was for TFC Reserves I'll update my report.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    http://22066.vws.magma.ca/reports13/13tfc006.htm

Scoring Summary
    Toronto - 44' Mark Anthony Kaye
    Toronto - 85' Ashton Bennett

Misconduct Summary
    Toronto - 62' Doneil Henry (caution)
    Dallas - 66' London Woodberry (ejection)

Lineups
    Toronto
    Stefan Frei; Ryan Richter, Doneil Henry, Logan Emory, Ashtone Morgan; Taylor Morgan, Kyle Bekker, Manny Aparicio, Emory Welshman (Mark Anthony Kaye 25') (Ashton Bennett 56'); Andrew Wiedeman, Justin Braun
    Substitutes not used: Quillan Roberts; Jevon Gayle, Chris Mannella, Michael Wagenknecht
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game actually serves as an example of how messed up a player's development in MLS can be currently. With so few reserve games and so many players to spread them across, you're left with no-win choices.

Do we play Stefan Frei who needs to stay game ready in the event he gets his spot back or do we worry about Quillan Roberts and his long-term development?

Needs to be more games and places to play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post

My computer stopped me from opening your link saying it was an "attack page" and a threat to my computer. You may want to be careful with that link and probably should get rid of it for the safety of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can people watch those games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I stayed for this game, but I was frozen to the core already by the end of the first game. I went to the last two vs Columbust and they were a lot of fun and you get to see the quality of the depth players. What I find shocking is that we have so much depth at striker that we have to play strikers as wide midfielders in the reserve games to get them time. We have Earnshaw, Braun, Weideman, Welshman, T. Morgan, Bennet, plus Urruti coming in around the same time as Koevermans coming back. Then we're so thin in midfield that we have academy players playing in the reserve games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    My computer stopped me from opening your link saying it was an "attack page" and a threat to my computer. You may want to be careful with that link and probably should get rid of it for the safety of others.
    Yep I took down my whole site but the files keep reproducing. Stay away from it until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the info, Sounds like we did good! I wanted to stay for this but my ride was vary insistant that we leave... next time!