Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Joe Bendik up for MLS Save of the Week - Cast your votes!

While some areas of the starting 11 are questionable, i think we can all safely say this is one area that has solid depth.

With saves like this, it's pretty much his spot to lose at this point...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ve-week-week-5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike those Seattle fans I like to think we watch the video and vote for who deserves it, not our player automatically.

Between Joe Cannon and Bendik for me. Those Gspuring saves seemed nice, but for me it seems like they shot it right at him? As for the Donovan save it was a pretty weak shot.
    Last edited by West220Side; 04-02-2013 at 07:45 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually voted for Joe Cannon. Bendik's save was great, but Cannon's was even better. Some great plays this week.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Unlike those Seattle fans I like to think we watch the video and vote for who deserves it, not our player automatically.

Between Joe Cannon and Bendik for me. Those Gspuring saves seemed nice, but for me it seems like they shot it right at him? As for the Donovan save it was a pretty weak shot.

Haha, don't remember first year? when we stacked all of these votes?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL ^ and the second year, and the third...since we weren't competing for anything else, here was something we could win. I think it was stuff like this that helped get other groups off their duffs.

On the topic, I voted for Ricketts. Bendik was well-placed to make his stop. His hand seems to be waiting for the ball, and he pushes it wide. Now watch the play unfold in front of Ricketts. Watch him adjust his position as the ball moves around the box a bit. He seems a bit unsighted as he looks around players to find the ball and reacts well to save the shot. Anyone will tell you that the Cannon save was at the perfect height for a goalkeeper, and Gspurning's saves had more to do with the shot and him just 'making himself big'.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree Ricketts save was the best with Bendik a close second. Love how we fought through the traffic to see the ball at the last minute and dive to his right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ agreed. the focus this take is immense, you can tell the ball was moving in slow mo for him at that point in time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano