Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    How was that not deserved? 2 down with less then 15 to go and we get a draw? They stuck in there and didn't give up.

100% deserved, they fought for it.

Dom

p.s. All extremities frozen.

Come on......they played a horrible game. The term "deserved" can be defined many ways but you think that if they hadn't scored that 2nd goal people would be saying oh too bad we coulda got a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, we turned the tables on the opponent in stoppage time!

Last week, a draw that felt like a loss. This week, a draw that feels like a victory.

I'll gladly take it against one of the top teams in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great sub by Nelson. Silva has to play 90 every week and we need a top class midfielder to work with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Agreed. Boss's positioning is questioned by his critics but he looked very solid. I think Califf is a short term solution too, considering his first step is so slow, but the Boss has shown this game that he's not totally junk.
    So what does this mean for Henry? Were reaching a point where a decision needs to be made, if Boss takes the backup spot then what is the future for Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Finally, we turned the tables on the opponent in stoppage time!

Last week, a draw that felt like a loss. This week, a draw that feels like a victory.

I'll gladly take it against one of the top teams in the league.

Yeah they deserved a win instead of a draw last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the new attitude. Great strike from Russell. not happy with Osorio starting, but hey. Can't have it all.

Let's go TFC!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So what does this mean for Henry? Were reaching a point where a decision needs to be made, if Boss takes the backup spot then what is the future for Henry.
    That will leave Henry exactly where he should be on a good team based on his skill... 4th choice CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    How was that not deserved? 2 down with less then 15 to go and we get a draw? They stuck in there and didn't give up.

100% deserved, they fought for it.

Dom

p.s. All extremities frozen.
    At half we had 0 shots on target and 0 attempts on net. I don't know what the final count of shots was but any shot we had must of not come until late in the game, we were doing nothing for majority of the game. Some shots we did get later in the game were not even close to actually scoring as they were week attempts on net. That was not a well played game. The first goal also was a lucky fluke goal. The team did have heart tho i give them that, this team does care. But we can't rely on fluke goals and penalty shots exc. all year round. We need to actually learn to play a solid game.
    Last edited by james; 04-06-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit to Neilsen, clearly there is a personality shift in this team. Can't remember the last time we came from behind to earn a point two weeks in a row.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4th CB. Injuries and fatigue will eventually take its toll. I suppose Emory can be the 4th CB and Henry goes on loan
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost gave up on this game after the second Dallas goal. I'm happy I didn't bail. TFC hung in there and got two goals in the last five minutes of regulation. They didn't play well most of the game, but the fact that they fought back against a very tough Dallas side speaks volumes of their heart. Great job boys.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    That will leave Henry exactly where he should be on a good team based on his skill... 4th choice CB.
    What I meant was he needs to be playing for his development, he is gonna get screwed if he rots on the bench this year. It would be a shame if he ends up like our other accademy players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I meant was he needs to be playing for his development, he is gonna get screwed if he rots on the bench this year. It would be a shame if he ends up like our other accademy players.
    Im neither his agent or mother, I just wanna win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Come on......they played a horrible game. The term "deserved" can be defined many ways but you think that if they hadn't scored that 2nd goal people would be saying oh too bad we coulda got a point.
    No doubt we would have been saying that, but the fact they didn't give up and they did tie it up as they did, they deserved the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleased as anything that they got something out of this game.

let's wash off this embarrassment of no playoffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelsen is lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had most of the ball in the second half, which shows in the final possession stats (we were 43% at half and the game ended 54% in our favour). The problem was we created virtually nothing. I think Silva's side footer from the left inside the box was the only chance we made. We only started making chances for ourselves after we got a bit more desperate, which lead to our first goal, and after that Dallas sat back way too much, as per usual for teams defending a slim lead that late in a game.

We need to create more chances with that kind of possession, especially at home. I attribute it mostly to Silva playing CM rather than CAM, and the other usual issues (Hall in CM, Ephraim ineffectual at CAM, Eckersley unable to go on runs down the left flank).

Wonder if Payne can do anything about getting Urruti and the other guy in here quicker...

I will say this though, I appreciate the fight we showed. Past teams would've finished out this game like a deflating balloon and maybe even conceded a third. Instead we looked favorite to grab a winner. I would've killed to have Koevermans on the bench today, those last 8 minutes would've suited his playing style perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They deserved a point based solely on past crap luck and were due and the fact that the ref was screwing them. Heart and skill had nothing to do with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what reserve games are for, or a lesser league. Gale is the more promising project. Henry still has the same problems with his game that he did 2-3 years ago and the improvement isn't enough to rationalize first team action.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an extremely uninspired performance by Toronto.
    They were a shambles up until that lucky goal in the 84th.
    But I give them credit for pulling it together in the final minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larson: "Ecks could be out a while. Hamstring popped. Big loss depending on severity."

Get used to seeing more Russell, guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Ecks is gone for a while, that will be a huge blow.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Larson: "Ecks could be out a while. Hamstring popped. Big loss depending on severity."

Crap, Ecks was one of few players that had any hustle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Agreed. Boss's positioning is questioned by his critics but he looked very solid. I think Califf is a short term solution too, considering his first step is so slow, but the Boss has shown this game that he's not totally junk.
    I agree Califf being a short term, vet of MLS and show the younger players the ropes and then step aside, at 33yrs I'm sure he won't have much of a choice. Proper defending from Boss at the end of the match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If Ecks is gone for a while, that will be a huge blow.
    Ecks and Morgan have a similar game, I'd call a less interchangeable player a "huge blow"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piss. Just when Ecks was really getting good again. Before Ecks replaced Morgan all the attacks were going down our left. With Ecks in, teams have been focusing on going after Russell on the other side. If I was Nelson Id have no choice but to go Boss-Califf-ODea-Morgan next game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    And just like that, Russell is now a fan favourite.
    hardly, giving us one point won't make up for the two that he dropped in the LA game.
    we're not that fickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    They deserved a point based solely on past crap luck and were due and the fact that the ref was screwing them. Heart and skill had nothing to do with it.
    normally i don't get on the ref bandwagon, but it was particularly bad today. it didn't help that we didn't create an offensive threat until the 75th minute of the game. if we created that kind of pressure for a solid 90 minutes then i say that we deserved it.. but we didn't.

it also helps that dallas has a particularly young backline, whoever made the call to throw insane amount of pressure on them (which is normally a given, but you haven't really seen that from us this season) needs to be commended, normally when we're a goal down i call it a day and watch them run the last 15 minutes out.

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

why does god hate us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best 2-2 late goal tie since season one finale vs revs when dichio scored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    best 2-2 late goal tie since season one finale vs revs when dichio scored
    haha, funny thing was the game vs revs meant nothing and yet we all ran on the field and celebrated the end to a fun season with awful on field performance (followed by many other awful on field performance years). Oh how fun year 1 was tho!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nielsen says Ecks is fine.