Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY expectations are alwasy sthe same.
    score in every homw game.

I got my Moneys worth THIS weekend! and HOW!
    Brilliant.

The atmosphere was on too. Hasn't been like that in the corner for some time.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Actually, Eckersley was marking the wrong side of Kenny Cooper on the ball it. Cooper was the one who headed it down.
    I thought that Ecks mostly did a great job on Cooper in open play. However, I think that Ecks shouldn't be marking Cooper on a set piece close to goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Perez's goal, Boss kept Perez onside. Ecks, Russell, O'Dea pushed up and were in line with each other except Boss
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    On Perez's goal, Boss kept Perez onside. Ecks, Russell, O'Dea pushed up and were in line with each other except Boss
    I couldn't tell from the south end if that was right - but I could see that Boss was deeper than the other defenders. Would Perez have been actually offside if Boss was further forward? (did anybody see from the side?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I couldn't tell from the south end if that was right - but I could see that Boss was deeper than the other defenders. Would Perez have been actually offside if Boss was further forward? (did anybody see from the side?)
    yes.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good:
    -2 goals in 5 mins in late game to earn a draw
    -Ecks's overall play
    -Justin Braun

Bad:
    -Darel Russell's defensive plays
    -Bostock's giveaways
    -Jeremy Hall's passing

Ugly
    -TFC set piece defending
    -The ref
    -Michel's shot concussing George John. Ouch

Ratings
    Bendik: 6
    -I suppose people could blame him for not getting a punch on Dallas 1st goal, but Michel's cross was whipped in with pace and was already dipping by the time Bendik could get out fast enough to punch it.

Russell: 5
    -Would have been a 3 if not for his golazo. He's offensively decent with clever little touches to get around defenders, but defensively a maniac. Easily could have earned a red on both of his nasty tackles (and we've seen them given in MLS). He's lucky to be on the pitch. (Toledo or other firebrand refs would have sent him off). Try him in the mid plz Nelsen.

Boss: 6
    -Decent showing by the youngster. Other than mistake on Perez's goal, he's shown that he's just as good as Henry right now, with even better physical attributes.

O'Dea: 7.5 (MoM)
    -Excellent game. Defensively solid. Should have gotten a PK and only a wicked save by Fernandez denied him a goal. His long balls to the flank were accurate.

Eckersley: 7
    -To be able to shut down Cooper for most of the game is not a bad day's work. His tenacity won him balls, but also got him in some foul troubles. Made decent runs esp in 2nd half. TFC can't afford to lose him right now.

Hall: 5
    -He won balls in the middle of the park not through using his smarts, but his physical attributes. Then gives the ball away. His passing was horrid.

Osorio: 5
    -Started ok, but just could not influence the game at all.

Bostock: 4.5
    -Started bright with his tricky dribbling, then Dallas adjusted and had trouble against Michel who marked him out of the game. Lack of work rate and tracking back is not going to endear him to Nelsen. Was at fault for Jacobson's goal, and lost the ball that started Perez's goal.

Lambe: 5.5
    -Another poor game for Lambe who had trouble imposing himself in the game. Crossing was esp bad. He did track back and helped out more often on defence and clearly is giving his all, even if he's not effective.

Ephraim: 6
    -Not good when playing AM, more effective when he switched to LW. Lack of chemistry between him, Bostock and Silva is killing offence right now, but with more games between them, it's going to get better because individually, these dudes can play.

Earnshaw: 6
    -Another frustrating game for Earnshaw who had couple of half chances, but that's it. There were couple of times TFC midfield came close to releasing Earnshaw if not for some last ditch defending by Dallas which is positive. Another day, Earnshaw could have been on a breakaway couple of times.

Subs
    Silva: 6
    -Clearly needs to play AM. Defensively poor, and lost the ball quite often. When he is running at opposition defenders, he is quality and he can link up with others on attack.

Braun: 7
    -Made a huge difference. I'm a skeptic, but Braun was not afraid to put his body on the line, despite suffering concussion not too long ago. TFC needed a big man up front because the attackers are rather small in stature and being man handled.

A Morgan: n/a

Coach Nelsen: 6
    -TFC started ok for 10 mins, then sucked until about 70th min when was forced to attack. His subs do make a difference which is nice, but needs to pick a better starting lineup in order to not being in a hole and be forced to make radical changes. TFC has scored 6 goals in 3 home games, which is good, but also gave up 5 goals, which is not good for a coach who emphasizes defence first approach.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if it has been brought up, but that ref is from Austin, Texas

Who thought that was Ok?

It would be like having a ref from Windsor ref our game in Philadelphia, that is NOT ok imo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post

Who thought that was Ok?

It would be like having a ref from Windsor ref our game in Philadelphia, that is NOT ok imo.
    I've yet to see any evidence that MLS refs have a regional bias. This ref was horrible for both teams.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I've yet to see any evidence that MLS refs have a regional bias. This ref was horrible for both teams.
    I don't think he was equally horrible. Stuff we got away with was in midfield, they got away with insane amounts inside the box.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he was equally horrible. Stuff we got away with was in midfield, they got away with insane amounts inside the box.
    true. though personally I thought Russell should have been sent off for 2 horrible tackles which could have been red cards (and have been given in MLS in the past)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuff we got away with was in midfield, they got away with insane amounts inside the box.
    Didn't we have a ball to hand in the box in the first half?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who thought that was Ok?

For what it's worth, we've had similar situations at home before. I don't think the ref had regional bias but he was horrible. Petrescu is from Waterloo, and has done some of our MLS home games and many of our Canadian Championship games.

For all we know, a Texan ref might see more of a rivalry with Dallas than Toronto so it could be argued it'd be worse for Dallas to have him ref.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 04-09-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Didn't we have a ball to hand in the box in the first half?
    Nope

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Nope
    I thought there was something there, that another ref might have called ... but I haven't looked at a replay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I thought there was something there, that another ref might have called ... but I haven't looked at a replay.
    I honestly don't know. I just felt like being a dick at that particular moment. I'd have to watch it again, but I didn't notice anything that could have been a handball and I don't recall the Dallas players freaking out about anything in our box in the first half.

I remember at some point in the second half, it appeared that O'Dea might have settled a high ball with his upper arm when no one was around, but I think it was out of the box

Cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I remember at some point in the second half, it appeared that O'Dea might have settled a high ball with his upper arm when no one was around, but I think it was out of the box
    It was something in the south end, so would have been first half. But who knows, I might have not seen what happened properly. To be honest, I don't know how good refs get the call correct so often!