Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can the ref pull the free kick back after giving advantage like that, they used the advantage and squandered it . Play should have continued . 2. Regardless of the goal, Darrell russel is not quality. He is personally at faul for multiple goals in two games. Yes bostock lost possession cheaply , but Russel was nowhere to be found on his man and way out of position. I really hope he is not starting next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    And just like that, Russell is now a fan favourite.
    how? he is still what -2 in that department. When he scored 3 more goals to make up for his gaffs that have cost games then sure. Dont jump the gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first part of the game TFC did well pressing the Dallas back end and forcing poor passes. Problem was TFC couldn't create an effective counter. It seemed like Dallas really clogged the middle and I think they could because of their strength up front. Notice that Ferreira and Cooper are about the same height combination as Earnshaw and Danny K... Kudos to everyone that stayed to the end! And is it me, but I cant stand Perez!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    Before the season began, I made the comment that this would be a building year for TFC, and that I didn't expect much from the team, but that I did expect them to keep on fighting. On this day Dallas was clearly a better team. Their passing was crisper, as it should be from a team whose spine has been together for a number of years. They were less tentative on the ball, and they took better advantage of their chances throughout much of the game. For our part, there were far too many long balls over the top that Earnshaw never had a hope of getting. While there were flashes of individual skill on our side, all too often passes just didn't jell and good starts on attack just broke down through poor communication.
    Nevertheless, even at the point it looked to end 2 - nil, the boys didn't look to give up, and they were still TRYING, and they never stopped! Effort made up for skill and cohesion, and I give them full marks for creating something out of what should have objectively been nothing. The reality is that we have not had a team that has shown this kind of heart for some time, and that just plain encourages the hell out me! Congratulations to the team, and to the coaching staff on a point well earned. I received full value for my ticket today.
    this man speaks with great wisdom ...how everyone forgets that at the beginning of the season we weren't sure how many YEARS , respectability would take. We are still at the bottom looking up but with a dose of anger and fight, every game has at least potential....realistically thats what this season is about. ...and on the dumb fan telling the pro coach what to do, please sir Braun was the first bit of tall strength we've had this year, it's ridiculous to send high balls up to a lone Earnshaw continuously, (like Silva and Osario last game ), he changed the game .Can they please be major figures in our future ! Start them ! ...but what do I know? PS someone tell me what do Ephraim and Lambe actually bring on the field. ? must be me .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    I scored a goal like that once, for the Scarborough Saints at Clairlea arena. It were more than 15 years ago, now.

Pictures or it didn't happen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are 100% right.... the reffing was atrocious.

I'm just sick to death of talking about it.

Perhaps the players, coach, and fans are to?

I don't want to think about it for another second personally, or else I will ruin my week with hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree with much of what was said. TFC clearly was lacking for large portions of the game. Real difficulties building up play and creating quality chances most of the time. Ecks said it himself -- not good enough for about 80 minutes of the game.

However, I'm surprised more people aren't freaking about the ref. Most of the controversial calls are not shown on the highlights. I might scan the replay on MLS Live once it's available -- I realize it's hard to be impartial as a fan in the stadium. But when O'Dea was pulled down from behind in the box near the end -- too obvious. Dallas defender had both arms wrapped, and was still gripping one of O'Dea's arms tightly after both were on the ground.

Didn't Dallas also have a hand ball in their box?

At one point, Osorio got run over from behind in midfield, no call, Dallas got the ball and almost scored. There's no way the Dallas player touched the ball before the tackle, and it was clearly straight from behind. But then a marginal tackle from the side/behind gets called against TFC, and Dallas scored. (With a VERY delayed advantage called BTW -- problematic when you let the team control the ball for so long and then bring it back for a foul.) Many really random and inconsistent calls -- admittedly also a few in favour of TFC. Similarly, the decisions about when to give a yellow & when not -- really bizarre.

When 80% of the 50/50 calls go against you, you really gotta wonder. You could tell Dallas was adjusting and taking advantage, more & more very physical play especially in midfield. The problem is, when we have Osorio or Silva in midfield, they're technical and have some finesse, but not good at the rough stuff in the middle when the ref isn't calling it cleanly. A bunch of times the ref just didn't seem to have things under control.

Osorio & Silva need to toughen up & expect the tackles -- but the officiating also HAS to be better. Oh and Bostock is good, but sometimes he NEEDS to know when to pass earlier when we've got guys in great positions. I'm worried about his attitude.

Yes Russell again had some major problems. However, take a look at the first goal. They have to know Russell is a bit weak, how can you let him try to handle two guys alone at the back post? (Kind of like the LA goal, where Russell was sandwiched alone between two LA players & ended up heading it back in front.) Nelsen or O'Dea need to organize that better, see that Russell gets more support especially on set pieces. There were a couple of other times where Russell looked really overmatched on his side, not enough support.

Great fight at the end, really happy with that part of the game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ref is fucking retarded!!!! But TFC coming back from 2-0 , that's rare, that's really rare! Haha, for all those people that left in the 80th min sorry, but fuck you haha. Undeserved? No, the guys really never gave up, played their hardest til the end (especially Ecks), you would never see this in previous squads. Deserved? No, really laying back for too long is the main problem for the team right now, but the team's current form is higher than my expectation, so I'll take it. I can't wait to see what the 2 Argentine could bring to TFC in 2 weeks!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Thanks for a great game all, yes, it was my son at Joe's capoing...
    your son is one badass lil dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did anyone mention that the 2nd FCD goal was offside? they showed the replay on the board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtu.be/lLGuwJMa0P4

We got on camera for a bit when tfc scored the first goal I can't believe I didn't break that seat I was jumping on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtu.be/lLGuwJMa0P4

We got on camera for a bit when tfc scored the first goal I can't believe I didn't break that seat I was jumping on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More complaining about Russel on here - but for me, Bostock is by far the biggest let-down for TFC at the moment. He was very poor yesterday. For all his little flicks and bits of skill, his final product never gets anywhere. Meanwhile as the other players are hustling, Bostock is very much the "pretty boy" of the team, he doesn't press or defend at all. Nelson moved Ephraim to the wing and Bostock in the middle to try and get Bostock in the game more, but that just showed that Ephraim was having a better game - suddenly there was movement on the wing from Ephraim, and then Bostock was static in the middle.

The game changed completely when Bostock was subbed. Braun was putting in a massive amount of effort, and that effort alone was the difference for TFC. If Bostock was putting in that type of effort all along, TFC might not have been two goals behind. That as good for Braun, but he made Bostock look very poor in comparison.

I'd like to see Bostock given a game out next time, he needs to realise that he needs to put in the hustle as must as the little flicks and skill. He's very good to watch, but final product is nothing.

Also,
    O'Dea is looking a very good CB these days.
    Russel I thought had a much better game. He did give their winger a lot of space, but he didn't let him past many times. Some call that ball watching, I'd call that experienced defending. He's the oposite to Ecks, who closes down VERY quickly, but Russel was ok. Nothing outstanding, but ok.
    Eanshaw hasn't been "found out", morelike TFC don't have an alternative game. When Braun came on, suddenly Dallas had a tall guy to mark also, it gave Earnie more space and TFC more options up front.
    I am gonna say something really contoversial - my man of the match was....HALL! I know, that's weird, I almost can't believe I think that! But he was the player who hustled and harried all game long. His game is improving vastly every week! Hall is looking a much better DM that Dunfield right now (sorry Dunfield fans!).
    Lastly, the ref had a stinker, I'm not sure O'dea's was a penalty, but that handball definitely was! How the linesmnan or Ref didn't see that is astonishing!

It wasn't a good game, but an exciting ending!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    The biggest issue today is we spent no time in the box.

The Goal was nice, but Russell needs to sit.
    Bostock was likely responsible in part for both goals, the first one he stopped marking, and the second we let the ball get stripped from him.

We need a Midfielder, and a decent winger... I'd almost like to see Bostock in the Am and Ephriam on the Wing.

Glad we have a tie, should have been a win. We need full points from the next few games.
    Nelson did swap Ephraim and Bostock (AM and wing) with around 20 minutes to go. Bostock still wasn't effective in the middle. Bostock just had a poor game overall.

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Crazy game, last 10 minutes was a ton of fun. All those that left the stadium...oh ye, of little faith! Some interesting comments a little more negative then I would have expected. Here are my impressions of the game.

- The league now knows who Robert Earnshaw is and Dallas blanketed him.
    - Overall from a defensive view the team played well in the first half and did not deserve to be down a goal
    - Bostock did not have a good game. He caused the first goal be letting his mark go. Russell was giving him crap.
    - Bostock did not have a good game. Did I already say that? Turnover in the midfield contributed to 2nd goal
    - New centre back Gale was very solid. Contributed to second goal by not pushing out quick enough and kept Dallas on side.However he will learn and get better. Him and O'Dea looked strong together
    - Regardless of the goal, Russell played much better this game. Needs to work on his positioning and less ball watching.
    - Russell's winning goal priceless, this has to be goal of the week. A wonderful strike.
    - Orosio looked more like rookie today. No worries he has skill, he will develop over time
    - Great performances by O'Dea, Erkersly
    - When Braun came on the field the game changed.

Overall what I took from this game is that this team will not give up, they worked hard to the last second. The whole team must be commended for their effort. The team was great for the first 25 minutes, Dallas hardly touched the ball. Well organized and good pressure on the ball. Our passing and attack in the last 25 yards was not good at all. We still need to improve the midfield. However, we knew that last week and nothing changed this week. Payne knows that and will be bringing in some creativity on the attack side and a DM to distributed the ball better in about 4 weeks.
    Good assessment, mostly agree with everything you say. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought those things about Bostock. The kid needs a kick up his butt. He's had one good game at the Rogers Centre, but poor since. Agreed on Braun, that guy was everywhere once he came on! A great cameo, and good to know we have somebody like that who can come off the bench and create havoc just from hustle and muscle alone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    how? he is still what -2 in that department. When he scored 3 more goals to make up for his gaffs that have cost games then sure. Dont jump the gun.
    Even the best defenders in the world have made costly mistakes and given up crucial goals, just saying!! Shit really does happen, but that would be excusible because they are the best defenders in the world, right. Again just saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    this man speaks with great wisdom ...how everyone forgets that at the beginning of the season we weren't sure how many YEARS , respectability would take. We are still at the bottom looking up but with a dose of anger and fight, every game has at least potential....realistically thats what this season is about. ...and on the dumb fan telling the pro coach what to do, please sir Braun was the first bit of tall strength we've had this year, it's ridiculous to send high balls up to a lone Earnshaw continuously, (like Silva and Osario last game ), he changed the game .Can they please be major figures in our future ! Start them ! ...but what do I know? PS someone tell me what do Ephraim and Lambe actually bring on the field. ? must be me .
    I actually like Ephraim, do you notice the little things that almost click, I see very good vision, but who am I, not a coach, or pro footballer, but an outstanding X-Box Football Manager,lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    More complaining about Russel on here - but for me, Bostock is by far the biggest let-down for TFC at the moment. He was very poor yesterday. For all his little flicks and bits of skill, his final product never gets anywhere. Meanwhile as the other players are hustling, Bostock is very much the "pretty boy" of the team, he doesn't press or defend at all. Nelson moved Ephraim to the wing and Bostock in the middle to try and get Bostock in the game more, but that just showed that Ephraim was having a better game - suddenly there was movement on the wing from Ephraim, and then Bostock was static in the middle.
    Good thing he is only here on loan. I think he'll be evaluated in the summer transfer window and if he continues to play the way he is now, he may be gonzo. Especially if these 2 Argentinians pan out.

The guy gives up too easily. That second goal is a prime example of that him not playing 100% to win balls. He also tries to get the foul call far too often. Instead of working to stay on his feet and make something out of nothing, he prefers to drop to the ground and throw his arms up in the air.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On a more positive note - Hogan Ephriam played a decent game on the left side. Most, if not all, of our chances started on that side of the pitch. We should've played the ball through that side more often - because when we did, things were happening.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 04-07-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I actually like Ephraim, do you notice the little things that almost click, I see very good vision, but who am I, not a coach, or pro footballer, but an outstanding X-Box Football Manager,lol
    And may I add the cross that created Braun's goal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephraim looked much much better on the wing when he moved there. I hope Nelson noticed that. Ephraim isn't natural in the centre. Ephraim played that first game in Vancouver on the wing too, and looked good. Maybe Nelson should start him on the wing next game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of things that brought me great pleasure yesterday.

First, as a Dallas paper reported this morning, ..."Toronto defender Richard Eckersley, who shadowed Cooper all game....." our ginger magic painted Kenny and largely marked out of relevance most of the game. Lastly, Bostock caused Benitez fits with his high pressure. I watched him give the FCD left back such physical torment that I thought, the much smaller Colombian, was going to loose his mind.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WRT Russell...he had a much better game yesterday....even without the goal. But his post game interview summed it up for me. His regualr poisition is attacking midfielder....who has been converted into a right defender...and he said he is still getting used to the positioning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was that moonball from Hall to Russell on the second goal anyway? A windblown mis-hit deep cross is my best guess. It might have been a shot on goal!

Nice to see some luck find us for a change!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What was that moonball from Hall to Russell on the second goal anyway? A windblown mis-hit deep cross is my best guess. It might have been a shot on goal!

Nice to see some luck find us for a change!
    It was Braun wasn't it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    It was Braun wasn't it?
    yes. Weird. I meant to say Braun, I said it yesterday, then someone (wrongly) corrected me in the game thread ... now I'm making the same mistake!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mak View Post
    WRT Russell...he had a much better game yesterday....even without the goal. But his post game interview summed it up for me. His regualr poisition is attacking midfielder....who has been converted into a right defender...and he said he is still getting used to the positioning.
    Yes indeed so if questions are to be raised about Russell's play at right back, they should be aimed at Nelsen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    yes. Weird. I meant to say Braun, I said it yesterday, then someone (wrongly) corrected me in the game thread ... now I'm making the same mistake!
    You know, I went back and looked at it in slo-mo and it looks like he was deliberately trying to switch field, with Russel the high player on the other side. I think it was probably Russell's trap that made it; he took the momentum of the ball so perfectly that when it bounced, it only came about a quarter-foot off the ground, making it perfect to volley.

Russell can describe himself as attacking all he wants, but Norwich fans will tell you he's pretty much a typical english two-way mid, like Robbo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock doesn't seem to like to do the defence sort of thing. Far more impressed with Ephraim when he went down that wing, with Ecks bombing as well. Mind you, that happens when you are losing 2-0.

To me, the bit that changed things was the aerial threat of Braun. A few good touches and able to lay things off. Earnshaw needs a partner like that. For me, Silva did OK in the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    More complaining about Russel on here - but for me, Bostock is by far the biggest let-down for TFC at the moment. He was very poor yesterday. For all his little flicks and bits of skill, his final product never gets anywhere.
    I'd disagree with you and agree with DeVos; he's the only creative player we have on the pitch half the time, and his ability to hold onto the ball allows our team to come into the offensive play, rather than the pinball we've seen in the past.

If anything, he should be playing behind the striker; although with Silva not being a wide player, really, it makes sense to have Bostock where he is, a leftie on the right side, so that when he cuts in, he's on his stronger foot.

Ephraim was useless in the hole. Absolutely useless. He's a wide player with good acceleration but average pace, so he can beat a first guy, but after that is in trouble.

Generally, we were poor all over the pitch except at central defense, where O'Dea and Agbossoumonde looked really good together. I can't fathom how you can think Jeremy Hall was our best player. As Yohan noted, he's where all build up goes to die, although his tackling (his main job) was pretty good.

If I had to rate them (on the 5.0 even system) it would be

Bendik - 4
    Russell - 6
    Boss - 5
    O'Dea -7
    Eckersley - 5
    Hall - 5
    Osorio - 5.5 (not sure why he was subbed; only decent mid player in first half.)
    Bostock - 5
    Ephraim - 4
    Lambe - 5
    Earnshaw - 4
    Braun - 7
    Silva - 6

I would say that while Nelsen has built us into a very compact defensive unit (ala Preki) our off-the-ball movement and lack of creative attacking impetus still doom us to missing the playoffs. Ephraim should probably be playing wide, Silva should start, Lambe (for all his effort) adds basically nothing. Hall is a decent anchor, but shouldn't try to be clever distributing, and Osorio looked pretty good beside him, almost putting Earnshaw behind the defence in the first five minutes of the game.

Right now, I don't think they'll extend Ephraim's loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching again, officiating was every bit as terrible as it first appeared. Not normally one to bother complaining, but he was especially bad.

Wouldn't get too attached to Emphraim, Bostock, or Russell. Contract flexibility will pay us dividends shortly I'm sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephraim looked dangerous on the wing earlier this season. He has faded since he was moved into the hole.

I think Nelsen should keep Lambe on the bench and put Ephraim and Bostock on the wings with Silva in the hole. It will probably foster more creativity in the attacking third of the pitch.