Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pre/In/Post - Game 5: FC Dallas at TFC, Sat 6 Apr, 4pm

Dallas is coming off a 1-0 win at New England and is tied for 1st in the league right now. How's that for a shocker

My wish for lineup

------------Bendik
    Eckersley-Califf-O'Dea-Morgan
    Bostock-Dunfield-Osorio-Ephraim
    ------------Silva
    ------------Earnshaw

-I can see Nelsen sticking with Russell for one more week, but even money that Morgan gets a start again
    -Sticking with Califf for now, but I didn't think he had a good game. Partially at fault for Villareal golazo, and also Landycakes breakaway when he was step too slow tracking his player again
    -Didn't think Lambe had a terrible game, but I think Ephraim fits better. I can also see Nelsen stick with Lambe
    -Osorio deserves a start, just because he's better at CM defensively (though not much better) than Bekker, plus confidence counts. And TFC needs some sort of CM who can make a pass through the middle
    -Silva needs to play behind Earnshaw. He's every bit an upgrade over Ephraim at AM

Also, TFC reserves vs FC Dallas reserves at BMO Field, 7pm, after the 1st team game
    Last edited by Yohan; 03-31-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas aren't that good of a side and they'll have to come down sometime.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    this is what people are saying about Chivas USA too. but you are right. Dallas is about the streakiest team in MLS.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That NE/Dallas game was easily the worst played match of the week. I think we can do this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you hate Kenny Cooper clap your hands *clap clap*
    If you hate Kenny Cooper, cuz he takes it up the pooper
    -BMO Field, circa 2008

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, TFC reserves vs FC Dallas reserves at BMO Field, 7pm, after the 1st team game

Toronto FC vs. FC Dallas
    BMO Field (4:00pm ET)
    REFEREE: ISMAIL ELFATH
    ASST 1: Kermit Quisenberry
    ASST 2: Kevin Klinger
    4TH: Mathieu Bourdeau

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coulda,shouda,wouda,yesterday,against L.A.points dropped.---Bendix(6)---Russell(4)---Califf(5)---Odea(6)---Eckersley(6)---Dunfield(6)---Hall(4)---Bostock(4)---Ephraim(4)---Lambe(4)---Earnshaw(7)--------Silva(7)---Osario(7)
    Dallas are beatable,this SHOULD be 3 points.
    Silva should start over Hall/Morgan over Russell/Osario over Lambe---Light a fire under Ephraim and Bostock or tell them it's over in June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Not good but 12 points!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    If you hate Kenny Cooper, cuz he takes it up the pooper
    -BMO Field, circa 2008
    Wo gone score Kenny Cooper always when you do thinks like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking that Morgan didn't play because he just flew in from Qatar, not because Russell was better in Nelsen's eyes.

I would guess :

----------Bendik
    Ecks-Califf- O'Dea - Morgan
    Bostock - Hall - Dunny - Ephraim
    - Silva
    -Earnshaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Next Game . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    I'm thinking that Morgan didn't play because he just flew in from Qatar, not because Russell was better in Nelsen's eyes.

I would guess :

----------Bendik
    Ecks-Califf- O'Dea - Morgan
    Bostock - Hall - Dunny - Ephraim
    - Silva
    -Earnshaw
    Sky we are on the same page . . .
    Ecks back as a RB, Morgan in and Russell out and Silva deserves a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully a good crowd... weather looks good. 7 and sunny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please no Bendik....aside from a nice save he booted half his kicks into touch. My whole section starting keeping count in the second half and you know thats bad when every drunk noticed half a dozen goal kicks going out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what people are saying about Chivas USA too. but you are right. Dallas is about the streakiest team in MLS.
    I watched the Vancouver-Chivas game. Chivas were all over them. Full value for the win. Not so much a laughing stock right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Please no Bendik....aside from a nice save he booted half his kicks into touch. My whole section starting keeping count in the second half and you know thats bad when every drunk noticed half a dozen goal kicks going out.
    on positive note, you know your GK situation isn't so bad when the biggest fault criticized on a GK is his distribution.
    This is MLS. there are very few GKs in the league who can distribute well

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with the starting lineup in the OP.

I'd like to see Welshman and Bekker come off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephraim has a lot of talent but he needs time to gel with his teammates and a DM he can trust passing back to instead of having to always try to force the ball to forwards when the lanes are blocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC vs. FC Dallas
    BMO Field (4:00pm ET)
    REFEREE: ISMAIL ELFATH
    ASST 1: Kermit Quisenberry
    ASST 2: Kevin Klinger
    4TH: Mathieu Bourdeau

Are we allowed to stay and watch the reserve games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    Are we allowed to stay and watch the reserve games?
    Yes, everyone usually gets ushered to one side of the stadium ( East side in seasons past ) and I don't think concessions stay open. Not very many people stay ( few hundred )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm def gonna check it out

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planning on staying for the reserve game this weekend. I do have one question though, can we leave and get back in the stadium, or do we have to stick around in BMO until the game starts? My wife wants to get some autographs on her jacket after the game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Planning on staying for the reserve game this weekend. I do have one question though, can we leave and get back in the stadium, or do we have to stick around in BMO until the game starts? My wife wants to get some autographs on her jacket after the game.
    I'm not authorized to tell you "yes" but if they don't let you back in to a free game after you telling them why and showing them autographs I'd be pretty damn unimpressed.

I'll ask them for you though.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas is coming off a 1-0 win at New England and is tied for 1st in the league right now. How's that for a shocker

My wish for lineup

------------Bendik
    Eckersley-Califf-O'Dea-Morgan
    Bostock-Dunfield-Osorio-Ephraim
    ------------Silva
    ------------Earnshaw

-I can see Nelsen sticking with Russell for one more week, but even money that Morgan gets a start again
    -Sticking with Califf for now, but I didn't think he had a good game. Partially at fault for Villareal golazo, and also Landycakes breakaway when he was step too slow tracking his player again
    -Didn't think Lambe had a terrible game, but I think Ephraim fits better. I can also see Nelsen stick with Lambe
    -Osorio deserves a start, just because he's better at CM defensively (though not much better) than Bekker, plus confidence counts. And TFC needs some sort of CM who can make a pass through the middle
    -Silva needs to play behind Earnshaw. He's every bit an upgrade over Ephraim at AM

After watching the highlights I'm not that impressed. That was not Dallas' best game so far. I think a win for us not out of the realm of possibility and will expect at least a point.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    Hopefully a good crowd... weather looks good. 7 and sunny.
    Hopefully the team will eat their Osori-O's for breakfast!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The forecast is for 5 degrees at game time. Could be windy. Nelsen needs to hold long outdoor practices 3 or 4 times on the lakeshore this week.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Ephraim has a lot of talent but he needs time to gel with his teammates and a DM he can trust passing back to instead of having to always try to force the ball to forwards when the lanes are blocked.
    What he needs is someone to play with. Silva fits the bill pretty well if slotted behind Earnshaw and Ephraim on the left.

Note about both Ephraim and Earnshaw, they defend. That is a big deal.

Lambe and Becker are athletic I would love to see Ephraim on left with Lambe/Becks come in at 70-75 and tear up the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    What he needs is someone to play with. Silva fits the bill pretty well if slotted behind Earnshaw and Ephraim on the left.

Note about both Ephraim and Earnshaw, they defend. That is a big deal.

Lambe and Becker are athletic I would love to see Ephraim on left with Lambe/Becks come in at 70-75 and tear up the pitch.
    I agree Silva and Ephraim will be a great attcking force and get great service into Earnshaw, in my mind I'm almost seeing a 4-2-3-1 with Bos playing more defesinvly on the Right (allowing Ecks to overlap) and allowing Beck to spray some more pass's threw the Midfield......

Earnshaw
    Ephraim/ Silva/ Bos
    Dunny/ Beckker
    Ash/ Danny/Odea/ Ecks

It probably won't happen as listed above but Id like to see something along these lines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    I agree Silva and Ephraim will be a great attcking force and get great service into Earnshaw, in my mind I'm almost seeing a 4-2-3-1 with Bos playing more defesinvly on the Right (allowing Ecks to overlap) and allowing Beck to spray some more pass's threw the Midfield......

Earnshaw
    Ephraim/ Silva/ Bos
    Dunny/ Beckker
    Ash/ Danny/Odea/ Ecks

It probably won't happen as listed above but Id like to see something along these lines
    Really? I have a hard time seeing Bostock willingly playing more defensively. Although that front four is exactly what Bekker needs in front of him to be effective. But I'm not sure about the defensive capabilities of that lineup. I'd try Osorio instead of Bekker. If he proves to be solid defensively over 90, than start Osorio and Bekker eventually. Now how awesome would that be? Two talented and spatially aware CMs? when was the last time that happened?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Really? I have a hard time seeing Bostock willingly playing more defensively. Although that front four is exactly what Bekker needs in front of him to be effective. But I'm not sure about the defensive capabilities of that lineup. I'd try Osorio instead of Bekker. If he proves to be solid defensively over 90, than start Osorio and Bekker eventually. Now how awesome would that be? Two talented and spatially aware CMs? when was the last time that happened?
    Soooooo Awesome, I agree Osorio would also work vary well, but from what I have seen he is best used as a super sub (I use that term loosly) and comes into a game as a firecracker off the bench. Id rather see Beck start and Jonothan come in around the 60-70th

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I think the 'empty bucket' formation is eventually what Nelsen is aiming for. 2 smart DMs who can play a box to box role to support in attack, but is aware positionally and can communicate effectively so that one guy attacks while the other stays back.

A healthy Frings would have been awesome right now, combined with Osorio who is on the fast track right now. He hasn't really been tested defensively, but is showing a lot of good stuff to play a box to box role. I want to see how good he is defensively

-Eduardo Galeano