Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again TFC fail to do due diligence.

Whatever, just hope were not restarting the franchise again and same position in 1 or 2 years from now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is, too bad that didn't work out. Still hoping for reinforcements.

Does anyone know, releasing him at this point in the season, do we get all or part of Cesar's cap hit back?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Whatever, just hope were not restarting the franchise again and same position in 1 or 2 years from now.
    some big balls KP has, cutting Julio Cesar just as he was about to be healthy. ironic, considering torontofc.ca just ran a story on Cesar

we all knew that Cesar was a stop gap measure. at 34, he was not going to be a long term solution. KP saw desperate lack of talent in TFC squad. Saw Julio Cesar available for immediate improvement in quality, but was smart enough to sign him to a non guaranteed contract (well, this would be smart thing to do). Fast forward to now and improvement in the squad at DM, at least to level that makes Cesar expendable. ruthless, yes. pragmatic, hell yes.

it sucks for Cesar that he got cut now though
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

some big balls KP has, cutting Julio Cesar just as he was about to be healthy. ironic, considering torontofc.ca just ran a story on Cesar

we all knew that Cesar was a stop gap measure. at 34, he was not going to be a long term solution. KP saw desperate lack of talent in TFC squad. Saw Julio Cesar available for immediate improvement in quality, but was smart enough to sign him to a non guaranteed contract (well, this would be smart thing to do). Fast forward to now and improvement in the squad at DM, at least to level that makes Cesar expendable. ruthless, yes. pragmatic, hell yes.

it sucks for Cesar that he got cut now though. but I don't think KP and Nelsen could have imagined the roster would turn out to be better than they expected at this stage of rebuilding.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have all faith in KP & RN. some things they are doing which I respect to the utmost is placing priority in youth, and usually that means the cheaper players for the roster since they havent got much of a resume and are hungrier. They repeatedly say " we want people who place more in winning as a team than winning as an individual" and than theres the injury which none of us know about. between those three issues. I would have to say the issue lies in that trinity, and truthfully I dont need to know more. I hope these guys keep working at what theyve been preaching. amen lol