Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The fact that much of your personal info is available/misused elsewhere is a separate point.

Listen, obviously, the real problem is not about this little survey (although I do think people should think hard about ever giving this info away voluntarily).

It's the dis-ingeniousness of it that is the real problem. Like it's all about you being heard. Like they are doing you a favour.
    I recognize it for what it is. It's mutually beneficial, whether it's Go Transit, the CAA, or ML$E... I have no problem with them trying to make money off of me if they offer a quality product (something that was lacking under Tom Anselmi). That's how capitalism should work. I benefit, they benefit. It's not charity on their part, nor do I expect it to be, but I expect value for money. If being part of the panel helps with that, why would I object? The personal information they are getting from me and more could be bought from any marketing firm for a couple of bucks... that's the way the real world works. If you don't worry about VISA taking your information, you shouldn't worry about ML$E. But being part of the panel lets my voice be heard.

As far as making money, sure having a model like Green Bay would be nicer, but I didn't see any fans get together to pony up their money to buy an MLS franchise when it was readily available for a mere $10 million. ML$E took the risk, they deserve the profit. My only problem is with their product which has been crap before this year. Value for money had better improve, and it's looking hopeful that it may be.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-28-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I just don't find this as strightforward as you do. The messaging is not that this is "mutually beneficial".

The request for personal info is not explicitly made, it is imposed on you when you try to sign up.

Anyway, it's a free country. To each his own.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a load of bullshit.
    Its jsut a fancy way to get up to date marklet reseach info.

BTW I am a 24 yr old Female television Exec that makes over $150K / per annum
    single, 4+ kids, PHD grad,
    No interest in leafs or Raptors
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ My kind of girl lol jk.....

Alot of places are doing these kind of surveys now. Don't see any real value in them but I guess they think there is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    what a load of bullshit.
    Its jsut a fancy way to get up to date marklet reseach info.

BTW I am a 24 yr old Female television Exec that makes over $150K / per annum
    single, 4+ kids, PHD grad,
    No interest in leafs or Raptors

Wow! Young, single, rich, educated AND puts out like a broken slot machine!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"What Province do you live in? (Click on province or outside of Canada)"

Mission accomplished.

Tickets aren't in my name, so I don't get these things. Everyone say you live far away and maybe they'll give us gas cards.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I asked for.

Gluten free buns
    Beer guys have selection of beer
    2 free away tix per year for SSHs
    Organized busses at least twice per year

Have city look at fire code to have 'Pyro section' so those who want it have it and those who don't want it don't have to be near it.

The point is for them to serve you better, why not help them do that?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the dis-ingeniousness of it that is the real problem. Like it's all about you being heard. Like they are doing you a favour.
    At least this is a step forwards from MLSE employees trolling the supporters boards for information...

I don't think they are really tricking anyone into believing that they are doing a favour with the marketing speak and I am happy to share my opinions about them - good and bad.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Invite to Join the TFC Council ?? Really??

As Wayne from Waynes World would say ... Denied!!

I just got an e-mail from TFC inviting me to be part of their "TFC Council, our new online customer panel."
    Then I read the Rules and Prize list and lets just say as a 75 Mile Bastard ... I am not surprised.

"This Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario 18 years of age and older who live within a 50 mile radius of the City of Toronto."

As always with TFC if you put your dollars and time into supporting the team and schlepping on down to BMO field from "points yonder" your opinion counts for naught.

O yeah ... I live in Canada ... what is this "Mile" of which they speak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the 75MB season ticket holders from Buffalo NY are also outta luck no matter how you cut it.
    http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk...to-toronto.htm
    Approximate distance as the crow flies in miles from Buffalo United States to Toronto Canada is 54 miles or 86.89 Kilometers

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Seriously Mark, you hit the nail on the head. You buy the tickets, wear the colours, and support the team the best way you can from a distance yet somehow that's not enough to take part in these surveys? Bullshit.

If I were you, I'd ring up my TFC ticket rep and tell them exactly how stupid that sounds.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Seriously Mark, you hit the nail on the head. You buy the tickets, wear the colours, and support the team the best way you can from a distance yet somehow that's not enough to take part in these surveys? Bullshit.

If I were you, I'd ring up my TFC ticket rep and tell them exactly how stupid that sounds.
    Well I checked into it a bit further and even though they asked my postal code and therefore should know that I live outside of the "50 Mile limit" they allowed me to signup and give opinions. So I did. I can comment just not win anything. C'est la vie!
    I will keep on answering their surveys and standing up for all supporters, travellers or not.

As far as ticket rep goes, well I no longer have any form of pre-purchased ticket plan after "ransom packs" and having to swallow the cost of various tickets over the past few years. I will express my comments in writing thru the TFC "Council" and see if they are listening at all.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    As Wayne from Waynes World would say ... Denied!!

I just got an e-mail from TFC inviting me to be part of their "TFC Council, our new online customer panel."
    Then I read the Rules and Prize list and lets just say as a 75 Mile Bastard ... I am not surprised.

"This Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario 18 years of age and older who live within a 50 mile radius of the City of Toronto."

As always with TFC if you put your dollars and time into supporting the team and schlepping on down to BMO field from "points yonder" your opinion counts for naught.

O yeah ... I live in Canada ... what is this "Mile" of which they speak
    Which is stupid on ML$E's part. The 75MB members are among the most dedicated of all and care deeply about this club.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Well I checked into it a bit further and even though they asked my postal code and therefore should know that I live outside of the "50 Mile limit" they allowed me to signup and give opinions. So I did. I can comment just not win anything. C'est la vie!
    I will keep on answering their surveys and standing up for all supporters, travellers or not.

As far as ticket rep goes, well I no longer have any form of pre-purchased ticket plan after "ransom packs" and having to swallow the cost of various tickets over the past few years. I will express my comments in writing thru the TFC "Council" and see if they are listening at all.
    So you are the 50 Mile Bastards now?

LOL, such crap considering you guys attend more games than most.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sined up. Its deffinitly a mass project by the marketing team to research the fan base, but might be helpfull if our voice's come across loud enought as one...... then again, Yummmmm thats good Cool-Aid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    So you are the 50 Mile Bastards now?
    Nope. Once a 75 Mile Bastard (because we can't be "Ultimate fans" doncha know ) always a 75 Mile bastard!

Nice to see that MLSE isn't standing pat though.
    Now they are treating all fans farther than 50 miles away "like Bastard children"
    They acknowledge we exist, they just show us much love.

O well this TFC Council thingy is a good way to get your beefs off your mind anyway.
    Not that they are likely to listen to complaints about the beer selection at BMO just now but they did ask for our opinions about the "fan experience" ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, I've given up on the front office recognizing us for these stupid contests. It's just their narrow mindedness. I mean, who'd be stupid enough to support a footie team they don't live near...... Thankfully we've got people in the group and the executives who can speak up for us if ever the need is there.
    Last edited by TFC Via Buffalo; 04-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Email from ML$E:

Interesting initiative... getting fan input is a valuable thing. The CAA and GO Transit have done similar things recently with their customers.
    Ya i filled out the Go Train transit survey and all the questions were stupid. All were how much money do you make, are you single, how many kids do you have, did you go to University, blah blah. Lets get down to the real thing and ask people what they need to do to get more people on the dam train. How about talk on where people actually need to get to an from (not everyone needs to go Downtown Toronto, but more or less that is all the Go Trains are made to do)How about questions on what time of day would you like to see more frequent service, how about talk about more trains in non rush hour, because 1 train an hour is awful. Anyways my ranting is over, stupid survey's!
    Last edited by james; 04-03-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Via Buffalo View Post
    Everyone say you live far away and maybe they'll give us gas cards.
    All they give us is GAS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a request to be on the council. Strange as I have no ticket package whatsoever this year. Maybe they want to get the "didn't return" point of view.
    In the comments section I will just cut/paste their all time won/loss record next to a price list.
    I think that might be classified as an opinion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Google Maps from my front door in St. Kitts:

112 km, 1 hour 9 mins
    In current traffic: 1 hour 9 mins
    Queen Elizabeth Way

Driving directions to BMO Field

Looks like "technically" I can't enter either, but maybe I can fill out an application for the 75 MB. Will you allow that even if I'm 5 miles short?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Disguising market research as an engaging fan council...brilliant marketing actually.
    I signed up and so far I feel exactly the same as your post. I started filling the answer box with questions because they don't seem to have anything defined for a survey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Looks like "technically" I can't enter either, but maybe I can fill out an application for the 75 MB. Will you allow that even if I'm 5 miles short?
    We have been known to be very very accommodating to any supporter who self identifies as being a bastard (in the "term of endearment" sense of the word). Many of us have been repeatedly told that we are a little short of a "full load"

Remember that you may not qualify for their prizes but you can still sign up and give em your opinion. After all ... they did ask ... right?
    Last edited by Mark in Ottawa; 04-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I complained about the lack of pies at BMO.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I complained about the amount of noise in the north after a game...no place to go to discuss the match without having to yell at someone...and I have to nurse my throat along after half time. Not a fan of the DJ's they've had in previous years and certainly not a fan of that trailer.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    I complained about the lack of pies at BMO.
    Me too! It's sad to see them gone this year, after being there the first 6 seasons.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lots of tinfoil in this thread, Ensco.

They already have your postal code and that gives them a pretty good profile of the type of person you are, your demographics, income range, spending and leisure habits and lifestyle. Yes, these surveys are designed to capture a profile of their customers to help them better understand ways to get you to buy more and develop more brand loyalty, that's how this stuff works. Most companies I know of who do this stuff do it for a few reasons, but it's mainly to give them a better idea of what sort of message will "click" with you. The aim is to actually cut back on the amount of spam and generic stuff and tailor messaging and marketing to things they think you'd like to see, hear and, of course, buy. It works, too.

The most recent survey, which I just got today, was a blatant pass-through from the league. They even refer to soft drinks (pop) as "soda" in one of the questions, which is a term used in the US northeast and west coast, not generally in Canada. And the beer choices in the list were laughable. But I still filled it out as honestly as I could. In the end, it's information about me that I don't feel uncomfortable sharing and, if it helps effect some sort of change in what I am offered in the future, then that is a good thing.
    Last edited by Jack; 06-13-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

no one really knows or understands how and where this information is being used
    No one, eh? I could introduce you to a couple dozen who know that right here in my office
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The most recent survey, which I just got today, was a blatant pass-through from the league. They even refer to soft drinks (pop) as "soda" in one of the questions, which is a term used in the US northeast and west coast, not generally in Canada. And the beer choices in the list were laughable. But I still filled it out as honestly as I could. In the end, it's information about me that I don't fell uncomfortable sharing and, if it helps effect some sort of change in what I am offered in the future, then that is a good thing.
    God Bless Jack. Get him a candy bar to go with his favorite(sic) soda!!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Hey maybe, just maybe, if they had this thing before the switch to Budweiser we may have avoided that by all collectively saying "No".
    That's the main reason I am participating, to make the point over and over again that fans deserve a choice of draft beer other than Bud and Bud Light.