Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add to the 'pro marketing' side.

Think about it like this: you are going to buy things. Don't you want to know about things available to buy which you are likely interested in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roca View Post
    That's the main reason I am participating, to make the point over and over again that fans deserve a choice of draft beer other than Bud and Bud Light.
    The Hoegarden and Leffe are good. EnBev hasn't destroyed them yet .... but give them time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    what a load of bullshit.
    Its jsut a fancy way to get up to date marklet reseach info.

BTW I am a 24 yr old Female television Exec that makes over $150K / per annum
    single, 4+ kids, PHD grad,
    No interest in leafs or Raptors
    IDK, if this is a joke. You sure are an overachiever. The funny part is the 4+ kids and PHD Grad. Hats off.

I didnt catch that right away.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    what a load of bullshit.
    Its jsut a fancy way to get up to date marklet reseach info.

BTW I am a 24 yr old Female television Exec that makes over $150K / per annum
    single, 4+ kids, PHD grad,
    No interest in leafs or Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    IDK, if this is a joke. You sure are an overachiever. The funny part is the 4+ kids and PHD Grad. Hats off.

I didnt catch that right away.
    Don't you dare doubt my Dr. Mom...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Lots of tinfoil in this thread, Ensco.

They already have your postal code and that gives them a pretty good profile of the type of person you are, your demographics, income range, spending and leisure habits and lifestyle....
    Spot on Jack. For the past 8 months I have worked as a Customer Data Manager for a large multi-national. I am the one who receives this type of info. Firstly, the info is all aggregated (meaning it's turned into a big pile of statistical generalities). There is way too much data to individualize. Instead it's used to get an idea of what type of consumers the company has, so that the company can better tailor their services and products. There is nothing malicious or nefaruious about what MSLE is trying to do. In fact, it is one of the opportunities you have as a consumer to impact the companies you deal with. Furthermore, just to be sure that data is not used in the wrong way, their are copious laws designed to restrict how the data is used, and where it is used.

There are reasons to be cynical about MLSE, but this isn't one of them. You have more to fear from private individuals going through your garbage and stealing your ID than you do from these types of surveys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just filled out their latest survey. I call bullshit on this. On the last page it says 'click here to enter our monthly draw'. Then, when you 'click there' you get taken straight to the TFC website. No contest page at all.

Ass hats. I feel better about entering failing grades on every question now.

Edit: actually, I felt good about it from the start. Failures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't you need to log in to access the surveys(I don't know I'm not part of that)? If so they probably just enter you with the info they already have and just use the homepage and your landing site

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I just filled out their latest survey. I call bullshit on this. On the last page it says 'click here to enter our monthly draw'. Then, when you 'click there' you get taken straight to the TFC website. No contest page at all.

What Pint said, angry man
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funnily enough they asked me about my involvement with the "Budweiser Zone" or whatever you call it (I have no involvement and do not want any) ... but they never asked me why I am not interested in it (because I would never pay good money for a product like Budweiser).

I wonder what they will make of my "game day travel experience" of Car, Via Rail - Ottawa to Toronto, Street Car and Walk to BMO?? Probably not much.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just put that the food/beverage selection and quality were the worst (mainly because of Budweiser).
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Who won last month's contest? I am sure they would have make an announcement of winner of last month's draw on their website/facebook/twitter some where.

And yes, get rid of stupid Budweiser truck. It's so annoying and music is too loud (I sit in the north end where you can barely hear TFC announcer in BMO field)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Funnily enough they asked me about my involvement with the "Budweiser Zone" or whatever you call it (I have no involvement and do not want any) ... but they never asked me why I am not interested in it (because I would never pay good money for a product like Budweiser).
    There was an extra page when I selected the box that said I'd never go there. Among the choices were "Don't like beer selection," which I checked and then also urged them to have more choice on tap in the comment box.

I note you can now get Stella and Keiths from the guys selling in the stands -- maybe all the grousing about Bud is starting to pay off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a change from Bud or the Bud truck. InBev sees it as their flagship beer in Canada. While we could ask for maybe 3 more premium beer stands (one in each corner), the truck won't be leaving. That said, they could turn down the music. The carlsberg patio was great before the DJ dance party.
    that said, obviously fans past complaints about the beer selection and the bud truck party zone have started to make an impact. I think it is more than a coincidence that it turned up on this survey.
    The most interesting part was pertaining to early renewals, and possible prizes. Interesting to see that they are already trying to figure a way to get fans to renew with perks other than hope for next season and a winning team.
    That was also mentioned in the Star today "TFC’s support has declined with its underperformance. Its once-loyal fan base of “Red Army” season ticket-holders has dropped to 200 from 800 in recent years, Leiweke said."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Wouldn't you need to log in to access the surveys(I don't know I'm not part of that)? If so they probably just enter you with the info they already have and just use the homepage and your landing site
    It was a link from an email from them. They never asked me to log in, until that last page when they said I would be directed to a page to register for the prize.

This is the last straw. No more flag waving, singing and I am dropping my tickets. This is an outrage!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a link from an email from them. They never asked me to log in, until that last page when they said I would be directed to a page to register for the prize.

This is the last straw. No more flag waving, singing and I am dropping my tickets. This is an outrage!!!!
    hmm maybe send them an email and tell them the link isn't working properly? I know that they do usually give things away when they post a contest as i have won stuff from the SSH twitter account this year.
    I really doubt that they are doing it purposely....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the truck is the greatest thing to happen at the stadium this year. Thank you for surveying me on the truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said if I want to see a game at the sky dome I would buy season tickets for the blue jays and if they piss me off I will.
    Last edited by nascarguy; 07-17-2013 at 07:46 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I said if I want to see a game at the sky dome I would buy season tickets for the blue jays and if them piss me off I will.
    I already did that haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took it. The whole thing seemed like they were advertising the Bud truck to me - basically "Hey - did you know you can come to the stadium early and drink overpriced, terrible beer?"

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a poorly timed survey....

Hey, lets gut the team during a busy part of the schedule, then posture on new signings and ask if our "All For One' motto holds up. Facepalm
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5$ beer is good 1 hour before the gates open. Now why can't they have that price when the game is on .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    What a poorly timed survey....

Hey, lets gut the team during a busy part of the schedule, then posture on new signings and ask if our "All For One' motto holds up. Facepalm
    I said no the motto holds does not hold up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I took it. The whole thing seemed like they were advertising the Bud truck to me - basically "Hey - did you know you can come to the stadium early and drink overpriced, terrible beer?"
    what beer would you like to see

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the "what do you think of the 'All for One' motto" question, my answer was along the lines of - "This is just another empty corporate slogan, kind of like Budweiser (laughably) calling themselves 'King of Beers'".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All For One...haha...never bought into that motto from the start. All the shit that has gone on with this team with coaches, players, whatnot...all the screwing over of fans and then coming out to say we screwed up. All For One my ass. Damn, I should have put that last part on the survey. I also don't give a shit about the big red truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    All For One...haha...never bought into that motto from the start. All the shit that has gone on with this team with coaches, players, whatnot...all the screwing over of fans and then coming out to say we screwed up. All For One my ass. Damn, I should have put that last part on the survey. I also don't give a shit about the big red truck.
    All for One....more dollar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I walk by the big red truck before and after every game. It is very rare for me to mix having a beer with watching a game. I probably have 1 beer per season.
    So I am probably not in the target audience, but the big red truck bugs me. I always get the feeling from the djs and those at the tables, that they are folks there to party and have no connection to the game or the team. Loud music when I want to cry in my beer...a disconnect..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    ^ As I filled out the form I thought "What will Ensco say about this?"

Lol.

I signed up just to b*tch about BMO Field. (Where's my gate!?)
    Yeah, dude, where is that gate, this is has been an ongoing issue since 2008?