Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLS Week 5

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yedlin for Seattle - bad hair but fast and good technically.

There was a moment there when I turned back to that game and he and Velasquez of RSL were battling for a ball; I thought I was watching 2 ex member's of Prince and the Revolution.
    Yedlin has potential USMNT RB skills. defending needs work and needs to bulk up
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avila... you needed to put that one away. missing a sitter
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody please get Chivas a smaller stadium and a marketing budget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say cut your losses, send them to Orlando (or anywhere that can manage 15k + per game) and set up the cosmos as the 20th team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric Avila with a nice volley. 2-0 Chivas USA

1 goal, 2 assists in 5 games so far

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC easily should have had 5 goals against Montreal. Repeatedly carved open the Impact with ease, but some really horrendous finishing made this game less embarrassing than it should have been for the Impact.

Some stats KC - Montreal:
    Attempts on goal 21 v. 6
    Shots on target 6 v. 1
    Crosses 16 v. 8
    That's despite possession, no. of passes, and passing accuracy all being pretty equal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    KC easily should have had 5 goals against Montreal. Repeatedly carved open the Impact with ease, but some really horrendous finishing made this game less embarrassing than it should have been for the Impact.

Some stats KC - Montreal:
    Attempts on goal 21 v. 6
    Shots on target 6 v. 1
    Crosses 16 v. 8
    That's despite possession, no. of passes, and passing accuracy all being pretty equal.
    Did you see the Schallibaum bottle-throwing ejection? It was the weirdest thing. The ref calls him over and asks him to leave and he just calmly obliges with a sort-of "Oh, you saw that. Okay, well take care and I'll see you later" response.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark83 View Post
    Did you see the Schallibaum bottle-throwing ejection? It was the weirdest thing. The ref calls him over and asks him to leave and he just calmly obliges with a sort-of "Oh, you saw that. Okay, well take care and I'll see you later" response.
    I haven't actually seen it, although I was interested! It's not shown on the MLS highlights. I guess I could check MLS Live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, Everyone needs to get MLSLive... Well worth it!

just finished watching the condensed match of KC vs Limpact... And wow. Sporting KC was all over Limpact, the game should have been 5-0

Bieler is a beast! The stadium was packed to the rafters... What a differance from 2010
    Last edited by FluSH; 03-31-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeMerit's loss is massive for Vancouver. They have no one else that really dominates that CB position. Like I said, they'll score but they'll leak plenty.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    hah! my plan to slowly convert TFC supporters into watching other MLS games is working!

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    hah! my plan to slowly convert TFC supporters into watching other MLS games is working!
    LoL I must admit it was a tough pill to swallow forking over the dough for MLSLive... But I am so glad that I did!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL I must admit it was a tough pill to swallow forking over the dough for MLSLive... But I am so glad that I did!
    and with multi view thing, you can follow up to 3 games simultaneously!

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    DeMerit's loss is massive for Vancouver. They have no one else that really dominates that CB position. Like I said, they'll score but they'll leak plenty.
    wouldn't totally agree with that. It's only been a few games but the few times I saw Rusin he's been pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just finished watching the condensed match of KC vs Limpact... And wow. Sporting KC was all over Limpact, the game should have been 5-0

Bieler is a beast! The stadium was packed to the rafters... What a differance from 2010

Completely agree.

It's a good way to have a look at the rest of the league.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea MLS Live has been pretty awesome so far, especially for guys without cable like myself. If you want to watch the blacked out TFC games it's worth looking into Unblock-US for $5 a month. Plus you get to use the American Netflix! Lots of cool stuff like the Jay Demerit story, QPR: Four-Year Plan [with Hogan Ephraim cameo!], Workaholics and It's Always Sunny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

explain this blackout tfc game stuff? I thought that was the whole point. TO get every game. 5 bucks a month is a hell of alot to unblock a few games when you consider your already paying 8 bucks a month for the service

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    explain this blackout tfc game stuff? I thought that was the whole point. TO get every game. 5 bucks a month is a hell of alot to unblock a few games when you consider your already paying 8 bucks a month for the service
    no national game broadcasts on MLS Live. part of scheme to drive up rating numbers on TSN/ESPN/NBC

-Eduardo Galeano