Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Perfectly said. In other words, a hard-working loser and therefore a supporter favorite around here.
    You're the only person to whom the word "loser" is applicable to in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad he's gone....a younger version of Dunfield is a good description...small guy who runs around a lot but contributes very little...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He played about a third of the games the club played all season, sat in the bench for many more, and you're telling me that he wasn't part of the shit-year squad?

Hahhahaa. Alright, chief. Also, way to read the whole post!

He played 89 minute total last year. How is that a core part?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Another case of you making a bigger deal of people hoping for more from him when a player is waived. Like you wonder why some like certain players I wonder why you relish when they're dropped.

Supporter Favourite by my definition would be on a POTY list or at least a banner made about him. Neither have been even mentioned so I wouldn't call this more than hoping for better from a player.
    Who's relishing? Look at my first post on this. It's a shrugging emoticon. The meaning of that one, to me, is "who the fuck cares?"

I don't relish anything about him being dropped, and he was probably hard done by due to the fact that he was brought up too early (I also mentioned this in another post).

But talking with some of you guys on here is very difficult, because you choose the bits and pieces that you read and put words in others' mouths without considering the actual point being made.

Must be me, though. English isn't my first language.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agreed that to call Stinson a loser based on his performance after taking part in 25 matches since 2011, many of which were in the Canadian Championship, and as a sub at that, is a bit harsh. It sucks from the standpoint that most of us on here would like to see our HGPs do well. That is, after all, the point of having an academy. However if Payne and Nelsen can bring in even better players, then I'm cool with that.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, is this a "he's Canadian so automatically awesome" thing?

Because that I get, at least.

You not reading, I can't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He played about a third of the games the club played all season, sat in the bench for many more, and you're telling me that he wasn't part of the shit-year squad?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/matt-stinson

here's another fact: Matt Stinson played 89 mins last season. how does 4 games in a 34 game season equal to a 'third'? do you want me to continue?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dangerred: Stinson was a bit part player. If that.

As for my post about Dunfield. I hardly love the guy. You say people here love him, when i see the opposite to be true. He gets constantly shat on and the whipping boy of this team's short comings.

EDIT: i can see yohan's post should put this issue to rest.

The only thing that kind of troubles me is that so far the academy hasn't produced anyone that remotely excites me. Morgan is clearly the best to come from there, and yet in my eyes he's one of the worst players on the pitch. I know the academy will take a while to get going, but so far they're only firing blanks.
    Last edited by MKR; 03-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's relishing? Look at my first post on this. It's a shrugging emoticon. The meaning of that one, to me, is "who the fuck cares?"

I don't relish anything about him being dropped, and he was probably hard done by due to the fact that he was brought up too early (I also mentioned this in another post).

But talking with some of you guys on here is very difficult, because you choose the bits and pieces that you read and put words in others' mouths without considering the actual point being made.

Must be me, though. English isn't my first language.
    I doubt it's your English, DR. You've done this many times over the years to players that just didn't work out and love to bring up the fact how confusing it is when supporters hope for more from younger players, especially if their local.

And you are relishing it. The post count after that shrug proves it.

You can agree to disagree on how to look at these players but don't pretend this is a wall of honour thread. People just hoped for more. Nobody's beating their chest about it just like nobody is arguing he should be captain.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question has to be asked again why TFC never loaned these players out. Stinson showed great amount of improvement when he received first-team minutes. See a guy like Bright Dike stink go from a first round pick to being cut to stinking it up to being loaned out and coming back to the point where he gets a call up to the Nigerian National Team. I understand why these players are cut; I don't understand why loans couldn't have happened so these guys could get first-team minutes, get better, and then be re-evaluated based on having on-the-field learning experiences.

look at Milos Kocic; his loan deal did wonders for him.

Thierry Henry on Matt Stinson “The right back Stinson had an amazing game.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose Avila was also at fault for our shit year because Mariner was too brainless to start him. Righto
    I love comments like, "Oh, but he had all this potential and showed a lot of promise." Did he? Show me. Because Ryan Nelsen and Kevin Payne know a shitload more about football than you, and they don't see it either.
    Appeal to Authority fallacy.
    Last edited by Ajax TFC; 03-19-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: quoted the wrong post

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinson and my son had some dandy tussles when they were about 12, 13, 14 years of age, playing in the CSL. Stinson was a top player then, but got so upset one game, he slapped my boy in the face. Better than studding his ankles, I suppose. I was proud my boy didn't retaliate. Just kept on giving him a hard time.

So, not worked up about his release. But, having seen his potential at that earlier stage, I was hoping he'd do better with TFC.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Stinson and my son had some dandy tussles when they were about 12, 13, 14 years of age, playing in the CSL. Stinson was a top player then, but got so upset one game, he slapped my boy in the face. Better than studding his ankles, I suppose. I was proud my boy didn't retaliate. Just kept on giving him a hard time.

So, not worked up about his release. But, having seen his potential at that earlier stage, I was hoping he'd do better with TFC.

Wow. Now THAT'S big of you. And your son. Class act.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Jeremy Hall and Dunfiled are not the worst midfielders I take it, boggles the mind he hasnt been given the leeway these two guys have been given since last year. Absolutely unacceptable a club like TFC has these two start and not give Stinson a sniff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So Jeremy Hall and Dunfiled are not the worst midfielders I take it, boggles the mind he hasnt been given the leeway these two guys have been given since last year. Absolutely unacceptable a club like TFC has these two start and not give Stinson a sniff.
    yeah... Stinson is not better than Dunfield
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinson still has a chance to stick with an MLS team if a team claims him within 48hrs

One of my favourite memories of Stinson (other than harassing the shit out of Henry) is at the end of 2-0 defeat in Chicago in 2011, he was the only player, except Dasan Robinson to come over to away section to show appreciation

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    yeah... Stinson is not better than Dunfield
    I have seen him play once, if you cant give him a chance how do you know what you really have. Practice is just that "Practice", not all players show what they have just in practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen him play once, if you cant give him a chance how do you know what you really have. Practice is just that "Practice", not all players show what they have just in practice.
    well for those that don't get many minutes, they really need to. If you can't do it in practice, no way a manager will have the faith in you to do it in a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Stinson, I always remember he had a good performance against NYRB about a year and a half ago. I didn't attend many games last season so I must have missed the 25 that he did play. Either way, too bad. I really though he'd be a good depth player to replace Dunfield (assuming we got a starting mid ahead of him too).

Ah well, hopefully he can land a NASL gig.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you saw him once. others have seen him 15-20 times, not incl his national team games. there is enough sampling out there to rate Stinson or not

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a quick question: Do loaned players count as roster spots?

I imagine they wouldn't, and therefore, I bring up again the point that TFC has not utilized loaning out players very effectively. Looking at the examples provided beforehand, coupled with the new USL-Pro partnership and SKC loaning out 4 players to Orlando this season, I cannot see how Stinson could not have been loaned out to FC Edmonton to start.

We need a transition team to allow the players that graduate from the Academy to gain valuable minutes to allow them to progress. It saddens me to see players like Cordon, Stinson, Makabuya and Lindsay go the route that they have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouderwien View Post
    I have a quick question: Do loaned players count as roster spots?

I imagine they wouldn't, and therefore, I bring up again the point that TFC has not utilized loaning out players very effectively. Looking at the examples provided beforehand, coupled with the new USL-Pro partnership and SKC loaning out 4 players to Orlando this season, I cannot see how Stinson could not have been loaned out to FC Edmonton to start.

We need a transition team to allow the players that graduate from the Academy to gain valuable minutes to allow them to progress. It saddens me to see players like Cordon, Stinson, Makabuya and Lindsay go the route that they have.
    players loaned out do not count towards roster spot. and you're also assuming that TFC players are in high demand

looks like Vancouver has lock on relationship with Edmonton (and Carolina...)

I also think most MLS teams do not rate coaching at D2/D3 level. Not every team is going to be quality and well run like Orlando

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

players loaned out do not count towards roster spot. and you're also assuming that TFC players are in high demand

looks like Vancouver has lock on relationship with Edmonton (and Carolina...)

I also think most MLS teams do not rate coaching at D2/D3 level. Not every team is going to be quality and well run like Orlando
    Haha. That could also be true. So the other way to see this, is that TFC rushed to add these players to the squads, when they really were not good enough.
    I've read that Cordon and Makabuya were in the pre-season camp with FC Edmonton and got cut.

Unfortunate though, I was rooting more for Stinson over the rest of the Academy graduates.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouderwien View Post
    Haha. That could also be true. So the other way to see this, is that TFC rushed to add these players to the squads, when they really were not good enough.
    I've read that Cordon and Makabuya were in the pre-season camp with FC Edmonton and got cut.

Unfortunate though, I was rooting more for Stinson over the rest of the Academy graduates.
    it's just part of bringing up youth players that most will not pan out

-Eduardo Galeano

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I doubt it's your English, DR. You've done this many times over the years to players that just didn't work out and love to bring up the fact how confusing it is when supporters hope for more from younger players, especially if their local.

And you are relishing it. The post count after that shrug proves it.

Why do I even bother? I mean, how do I actually argue with someone like you? Ignored...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I even bother? I mean, how do I actually argue with someone like you? Ignored...
    you should ignore me too, while you're at it

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a record he'll hold for a while:

Stinson is the all time club leader in goals scored against Red Star Belgrade.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many minutes did Lombardo play in his first year with TFC? More or less than Stinson did in his whole time here? (I don't know the answer, but I put them at the same level in terms of impact they had on the team in the short time they were with the Club.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecospice View Post
    How many minutes did Lombardo play in his first year with TFC? More or less than Stinson did in his whole time here? (I don't know the answer, but I put them at the same level in terms of impact they had on the team in the short time they were with the Club.)
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/andrea-lombardo

752mins

-Eduardo Galeano

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should ignore me too, while you're at it
    My pleasure! Done!