Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WAGJAG March 30, April 6, April 20- please don't read if you just want to moan

It's today's daily deal. Tickets as low as $25

http://wagjag.com/

Tickets for the March 30, 2013 game at 2pm versus LA Galaxy:

• $30 for 1 ticket for the light grey section (a $57.25 value)
    • $35 for 1 ticket for the medium grey section (a $66.25 value)
    • $50 for 1 ticket for the dark grey section (an $81.25 value)

Tickets for the April 6, 2013 game at 4pm vs. FC Dallas OR April 20, 2013 game at 4pm vs. Houston Dynamo:

• $25 for 1 ticket for the light grey section (a $43.25 value)
    • $32 for 1 ticket for the medium grey section (a $55.25 value)
    • $45 for 1 ticket for the dark grey section (a $75.25 value)
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-19-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as they stick to their promise, that these tickets would be above the STH price, I don't see an issue with them trying to get people in the stadium.

According to the renewal notice, Light Greys are $12, Medium Grey is $25 and Dark Greys are $40.
    (via CSN) http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...mbers-released

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    March 30th also - Mod change title please.

It's today's daily deal. Tickets as low as $25

http://wagjag.com/

Tickets for the March 30, 2013 game at 2pm versus LA Galaxy:

• $30 for 1 ticket for the light grey section (a $57.25 value)
    • $35 for 1 ticket for the medium grey section (a $66.25 value)
    • $50 for 1 ticket for the dark grey section (an $81.25 value)

Tickets for the April 6, 2013 game at 4pm vs. FC Dallas OR April 20, 2013 game at 4pm vs. Houston Dynamo:

• $25 for 1 ticket for the light grey section (a $43.25 value)
    • $32 for 1 ticket for the medium grey section (a $55.25 value)
    • $45 for 1 ticket for the dark grey section (a $75.25 value)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really disappointing that they are still shilling tickets for the "real" home opener... vs the Galaxy, no less. See what happens without Beckham? Weather forecast probably won't encourage walkups either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was about to say light greys are much less than that... 12 per seat. I just hope that anyone buying a light grey in 127 is told that it is a supporters section so i don't have to piss off too many when i stand and yell/chant all game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care! I think its a good idea to try and get a full stadium every game. I'd personally prefer to have kids come free (with an adult) to try and get some kids interested in the game and the club. But otherwise, nothing wrong with Wagjag either.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares? Let 'em do it. Prices are still higher than STH and I don't mind a fuller stadium. Maybe it'll turn some of these "tourists" into repeaters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use WagJag and Groupon all the time, I would rather see a full stadium, and perhaps convert a few non-football/soccer fans to a fantastic experience at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good thing. TFC needs to win back its fan base, and until the team starts winning they may have to partner up with the likes of Wagjag to move tickets.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I was about to say light greys are much less than that... 12 per seat. I just hope that anyone buying a light grey in 127 is told that it is a supporters section so i don't have to piss off too many when i stand and yell/chant all game.

You're going to have your work cut out for you:
    From the Handy-Dandy Relocation Thread from this past December

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    I was just at the 12:00 session too and there was actually a pair in 127 that I was going to relocate to (from 219) but my 13 got trumped by a dad and his 2 year old son who had a 6. Said he hopes no one stands this year which hurts me even more.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    You're going to have your work cut out for you:
    From the Handy-Dandy Relocation Thread from this past December
    We have a decent sized group already buying into the section being a supporter section this year.

If people want to sit thats fine but they will just be getting a good look at the back of my shirt all game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the WAGJAG prices better reflect a fair face-value for tickets. Tickets for sporting events in this city are ridiculous. I agree with the Leafs its supply and demand, but the few Raptor games I have gone to have been fairly empty, as have the Jays (since 1993).
    $25 for a light grey, (and $12 for a light grey SSH) seem like a proper price point for the product. BMO is more fun with a full house, this can attract new fans to the game, and we are still getting a discount.
    My only issue with it is that the images WAGJAG used to sell the game weren't of TFC players but rather the U-Sector. They have been milking the supporters sections for their marketing material for 6 years now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wagjag is lazy marketing form the club really. There is no reason why they can't advertise "kids go free" (with the purchase of an adult ticket) or a bunch of tickets to schools or something. They need to be marketing to kids to get the interested for the future of the club and future of the sport in Canada. Wagjag is really only going to get bargain hunters. For long term marketing, you gotta get kids interested! (that's how I first went to a pro football game in England - my school gave away tickest to an Oxford midweek game, I got hooked, begged my dad to take me from that point onwards!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Wagjag is lazy marketing form the club really. There is no reason why they can't advertise "kids go free" (with the purchase of an adult ticket) or a bunch of tickets to schools or something. They need to be marketing to kids to get the interested for the future of the club and future of the sport in Canada. Wagjag is really only going to get bargain hunters. For long term marketing, you gotta get kids interested! (that's how I first went to a pro football game in England - my school gave away tickest to an Oxford midweek game, I got hooked, begged my dad to take me from that point onwards!).
    I always liked the idea of reaching out to the youth soccer programs for freebies or discount tickets. I agree with the buy an adult ticket and a child comes free. Perhaps they will use that in the near future. Hopefully the Wagjag offer puts some people in the seats for our home opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Have to agree: it is lazy marketing and costly (typically, a seller only gets 50% of the price from WagJag).

I love the idea of getting more kids into the stadium -- but MLSE is too short sighted to organize this properly. I've mentioned this several times before: TFC needs to offer an inexpensive seated section (i.e. yellow pricing) with strictly NO standing allowed. There needs to be an affordable way for people ( those much maligned "soccer moms") to bring their kids to games without having to stand (and people who just don't want to or can't stand for an entire game). The North End seats would have been ideal for this but MLSE opted to try and cash-in on this section instead of building a young fan base for the long term. This "affordable seated section" would also have the added benefit of removing "non-participating" supporters and some tourists out of the South End. IMHO, that would have been a much better long-term marketing plan than WagJag (and less embarrassing).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a decent sized group already buying into the section being a supporter section this year.

If people want to sit thats fine but they will just be getting a good look at the back of my shirt all game.
    That's fantastic!

I was in 127 last year, and as a location, it has many things to recommend it. It's always ncie and shady in the summer, the wind seems to be less, you get to abuse the visiting substitutes, beer gets delivered, you're not far from a lot of the food concessions and bathrooms, and it's quick to get out of at the end of the game.

The biggest problem was how quiet it was and how many children were in there. Even the remnants of NEE were sat down for the last few games. Far too often, the visiting supporters could be heard better than the people at tthe front of 127.

If you could lead some of the people in the North Stand as well, I'd think you could get a good pocket of noise there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commie Red View Post
    Have to agree: it is lazy marketing and costly (typically, a seller only gets 50% of the price from WagJag).

I love the idea of getting more kids into the stadium -- but MLSE is too short sighted to organize this properly. I've mentioned this several times before: TFC needs to offer an inexpensive seated section (i.e. yellow pricing) with strictly NO standing allowed. There needs to be an affordable way for people ( those much maligned "soccer moms") to bring their kids to games without having to stand (and people who just don't want to or can't stand for an entire game). The North End seats would have been ideal for this but MLSE opted to try and cash-in on this section instead of building a young fan base for the long term. This "affordable seated section" would also have the added benefit of removing "non-participating" supporters and some tourists out of the South End. IMHO, that would have been a much better long-term marketing plan than WagJag (and less embarrassing).
    I think 219, 227, 104 are the cheap, non standing section
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    That's fantastic!

I was in 127 last year, and as a location, it has many things to recommend it. It's always ncie and shady in the summer, the wind seems to be less, you get to abuse the visiting substitutes, beer gets delivered, you're not far from a lot of the food concessions and bathrooms, and it's quick to get out of at the end of the game.

The biggest problem was how quiet it was and how many children were in there. Even the remnants of NEE were sat down for the last few games. Far too often, the visiting supporters could be heard better than the people at tthe front of 127.

If you could lead some of the people in the North Stand as well, I'd think you could get a good pocket of noise there.
    we have a good group of people and a new supporters group in that area. <-- I assume i'm allowed to say that on here... We will do our best to turn the section back around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    226 is also a light grey section... thats where i was last season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have a good group of people and a new supporters group in that area. <-- I assume i'm allowed to say that on here... We will do our best to turn the section back around

NEE didn't seem to want to do The Massive (but I never found out why. When I asked I was told "We don't do that one"). Which was a shame because I remember it being done from corner to corner when I was at the top of 111...it looked, and sounded, awesome.

Almost as good as Saturdays front and back rendition, where you could hear it echo round the stadium.

Anyway...looking forward to seeing what you guys do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    To be clear: in general I have no problem with this year's season ticket prices. Although the sections you mentioned are not "yellow tickets", this year they were a deal for people lucky enough to get them. However, those seats have a walk-up price of $57.25! I would hardly call that "cheap" (particularly for their location). If I was looking for a fun day out with my 3 kids -- I would look elsewhere (and I'm a supporter!).

My point is, as the low-end tickets are obviously popular, and they haven't managed to sell-out the stadium (and are now scrambling), they could have lowered the cost of the "light blue" seats and then focused on selling those seats to the one demographic that MLSE always ignores: families who own less than 2 SUVs. Both ends of the stadium would have been sold out and the "prawnies" would gradually fill-in again as the atmosphere became re-ignited.
    Last edited by Commie Red; 03-19-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, the galaxy game is a sellout with only singles available. These are the singles on wagjag..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$25 -- Toronto FC vs. LA, Dallas & Houston, Reg. $43

Travel Zoo has a similar offer. Just found a light grey pair in section 220 for $60 including taxes. Seems fair value for the home opener.
    That's almost the same price people are asking for on the Ticket Trader here. All sellers are all looking to make a wee bit of profit.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ_Fan View Post
    That's almost the same price people are asking for on the Ticket Trader here. All sellers are all looking to make a wee bit of profit.
    Took a quick look at the ticket trader and $60 is 50% more than you would pay here. Personally, I don't care what wagjag or travel zoo offer as long as they are not below season seat holder costs. As someone who has to sell tickets here from time to time, just wanted to point out that the prices here are quite reasonable and not "almost" the same...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Took a quick look at the ticket trader and $60 is 50% more than you would pay here. Personally, I don't care what wagjag or travel zoo offer as long as they are not below season seat holder costs. As someone who has to sell tickets here from time to time, just wanted to point out that the prices here are quite reasonable and not "almost" the same...
    My bad. It is cheaper on the ticket trader at $20 per ticket for a home opener. Very reasonable...and at 66% ($8) more than actual cost for a light grey season ticket holder. Still a wee bit of profit.

$20-$30 seems to be the fair value for tix this year which I think is great.

FYI. I have season seats in 110.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a TFC deal on TravelZoo now as well.

http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/local-de...tainment/45707

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Really disappointing that they are still shilling tickets for the "real" home opener... vs the Galaxy, no less. See what happens without Beckham? Weather forecast probably won't encourage walkups either...
    Not sure it's entirely to do with no Beckham...........

Probably more so to do with the $57, $66 and $81 price points they reference.
    And the regular prices on Houston and Dallas are ridiculous.

Family of three is about $200 just to get in the building.......

The Wagjag prices however, if tix were regularly in that range, then they probably wouldn't have to worry if the building was going to be full.