Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pre/In/Post - Game 4: Los Angeles Galaxy at TFC, Sat 30 Mar, 2pm

Still no Donovan, that fucking cunt

By week, so no TFC games... most of the players will be around, except for Morgan, Bekker, O'Dea on int duties
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despise these early 1 or 2pm games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Despise these early 1 or 2pm games.
    I actually do not have much of a problem with this start time with it being the Easter long weekend, lets everyone get home just a little earlier for all the family stuff. I am looking forward to seeing the lads back at BMO after three straight games in domes on turf. It will be great to be back home and show this new group of lads what it is like to play at our house.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't play these early season games any later. Have a look at what the weather was last March 30

http://www.citynews.ca/2012/03/30/af...march-30-2012/
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said post-game in the Montreal thread, I have decent expectations for this match.

We have two weeks to get everyone fully fit and reading from the same hymn sheet. The lineup we put out should be our strongest yet, with Julio Cesar and Silva back in, presumably the Argentinian forward in the team, and all the new arrivals being far more settled.

We have an oddly decent record against LA all the way back to 2007, going 3-6-4 in all competitions. LA's had it fairly easy thus far, destroying Chicago, an easy tie against Herediano in the CCL, dominated Chivas (who somehow managed to snatch a tie), and they're playing Colorado this weekend, which will likely be a comfortable win. I think we have a chance to catch them off their guard by presenting their first real challenge of the season.

And we're playing at BMO.

A draw is minimum for this match. Truth be told, I'd be disappointed if we don't at least come near a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You can't play these early season games any later. Have a look at what the weather was last March 30

http://www.citynews.ca/2012/03/30/af...march-30-2012/
    Yeah hopefully we don't have weather like today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah we won't have Landon Donovan to make fun of during the game seeing as he's off in a tiny hut in Cambodia somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we got robbie keane to chirp though which is good enough for me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Still no Donovan, that fucking cunt

By week, so no TFC games... most of the players will be around, except for Morgan, Bekker, O'Dea on int duties
    I'm assuming all players will be back with the team for the LA game?

It's a pity that Morgan is with Canada as he could really do with a couple of weeks to train with TFC given his poor form so far this season. It will be good for Bekker to get some more Canada minutes though, will probably benefit TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-lige View Post
    we got robbie keane to chirp though which is good enough for me
    I got ya, but Robbie is a good Irish lad.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm assuming all players will be back with the team for the LA game?

It's a pity that Morgan is with Canada as he could really do with a couple of weeks to train with TFC given his poor form so far this season. It will be good for Bekker to get some more Canada minutes though, will probably benefit TFC.
    I think Morgan needs to sit for a game, just to get into his head that he doesn't have a lock as the LB and that his poor form is not acceptable. Russell did good enough at RB so did Ecks at LB for me to be ok if those two get the start vs LA
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought i saw some tweets last week that Donovan would be back the last week of march and could play vs us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I thought i saw some tweets last week that Donovan would be back the last week of march and could play vs us?
    Yeah, there was some talk he'd be back by late March, however even if that is the case, there's no way he's match fit for this game.

I agree with the above that Morgan should maybe have a seat to show he's not untouchable and so we can get a better look at Russel. Although, with potential winter-like conditions, maybe the Canadian boy would deal with it better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Morgan needs a serious wake up call. He's been playing well below expectations thus far.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the LA Chivas highlights. Not intimidating. I'll see what they do vs Colorado this weekend and judge from there.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ecks to play or not to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think Morgan needs to sit for a game, just to get into his head that he doesn't have a lock as the LB and that his poor form is not acceptable. Russell did good enough at RB so did Ecks at LB for me to be ok if those two get the start vs LA
    We thought Ecks wouldn't be playing?

Didn't he get a yellow at the dome in TO and a yellow at the dome in Montreal?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post

It's not the world cup or a tournament. You need to accumulate far more than two yellows before you have to sit out in league play.

Here's the info, suspensions start after 5 cards: http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary

1) Player accrues FIVE (5) yellow cards: $250 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game

with a lower threshold for further yellows received thereafter.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-19-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It's not the world cup or a tournament. You need to accumulate far more than two yellows before you have to sit out in league play.

Thanks Auzzy . . .
    J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post

These are the rules regarding this:

Fines and suspensions will be levied against players for yellow card accumulations during the Regular Season as follows: 1) Player accrues FIVE (5) yellow cards: $250 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 2) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for FIVE (5) cards: $500 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 3) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a second game: $750 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 4) Player accrues additional two (2) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a third game: $1000 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 5)For each two (2) yellow cards thereafter, Player will be fined $1000 and suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    These are the rules regarding this:

Fines and suspensions will be levied against players for yellow card accumulations during the Regular Season as follows: 1) Player accrues FIVE (5) yellow cards: $250 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 2) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for FIVE (5) cards: $500 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 3) Player accrues additional THREE (3) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a second game: $750 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 4) Player accrues additional two (2) yellow cards after having been fined and suspended for a third game: $1000 fine and suspension from his next MLS Regular Season Game; 5)For each two (2) yellow cards thereafter, Player will be fined $1000 and suspended from his next MLS Regular Season Game.
    Now that is a detailed response to our inquiry.
    Thanks Alonso,
    J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not realize there was progressive punishment and a diminishing threshhold for suspension, that's good (bad?) to know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a random stat. Earnshaw is tied at for Golden Boot at 3 goals right now...

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Just saw the LA Chivas highlights. Not intimidating. I'll see what they do vs Colorado this weekend and judge from there.
    If you have MLS Live watch the Colorado RSL game, Colorado are pretty decent this year.

It won't be a cakewalk for LA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    If you have MLS Live watch the Colorado RSL game, Colorado are pretty decent this year.

eh. Some talent in Colorado squad, but they are also a team in transition like TFC. Plus injuries to key players. And their starting GK played in CSL just 2 yrs ago. take that for what you will.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty decent, yes. But those away jerseys are indecent to my eyes! Warm up jerseys I find squinting at the whole time!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Pretty decent, yes. But those away jerseys are indecent to my eyes! Warm up jerseys I find squinting at the whole time!
    I like the jersey but whatever, the new Colorado home jersey is super hot.

Although imho, the best jersey this year is the long sleeve SKC one, looks so nice!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the jersey but whatever, the new Colorado home jersey is super hot.

Although imho, the best jersey this year is the long sleeve SKC one, looks so nice!
    Wow; to each his own. I think the SKC jerseys look horrible; they're like uniforms for someone working in a pharmacy -- so bland and both shades of blue look dead or like they would appeal to older folk, when buying clothing.
    Last edited by JuliquE; 03-20-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Wow; to each his own. I think the SKC jerseys look horrible

I agree. I don't like asymmetry and i hate 'wavy' lines on football shirts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't like about SKC is its an obvious derivative of the baseball team. At least with red we went with something very un-Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since LA has it's CCL SemiFinal Match only a few days after the BMO Home Opener, I'm sure the focus will be on keeping their key players rested and fit for the CCL match. I do not expect them to bring thier full Starting 11.... and that is ok with me!