Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why in the hell does this team struggle so much with keeping it composed in the last minutes. I'd be okay if they were decent goals, but we pretty much score on ourselves with these bonehead plays.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 Things We Were Reminded Of This Week

1. Russel is not ready for prime time. Because of that, Bostock had to track back far more then he should.

2. Hogan Ephraim is very good but needs somebody to provide service and or hold the ball up for him. If Earnshaw gets injured, he's our man.

3. Silva is da bomb.

4. We need 1 decent midfielder cause right now we got 2 crappy ones but some good AM's and a very very tight CD pairing. One decent rock of a DM or box to box and we can do this.

5. Lambe is not good enough for this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't associate Mariner with Winters calibre. Mariner gong show yes. But not Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news. Last year it took until June 20th to get to 4 points in the standings. We are almost 3 months ahead of schedule. One point against the league champs is a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the way that it happened...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goes to show we have a long way to go before we are a top competitor in the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No to ignore how badly Russell handled that play, but our marking was badly out of sinc. It was 5v4 in the box.. Never should of happened.

I know some people are going to call for osorio to start but that's jumping te gun. Sure he's better than both dunny and hall but we need to bring him along slowly. Developing the player properly is more important than short term results. He'll be ready for starting 11 in the near future, but let's do it the right way. Not like what we saw with Morgan and Henry where they started playing too early and formed bad habits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its funny how coming into the the game i would be happy with a draw, but after getting one, am dissapointed. pretty wretched game actually, especially in the first half.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Good news. Last year it took until June 20th to get to 4 points in the standings. We are almost 3 months ahead of schedule. One point against the league champs is a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Worst performance this season? I'd argue that's the worst performance I've ever seen.
    You're probably not familiar with Ty Harden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy with the draw against last years Champs, expected a last minute goal because it's what our team does.

Decent start to the season, the team is shaping up nicely.

Players who shouldn't be starting next week: Dunfield Hall Lambe Russell Ephraim. They are sub material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    You're probably not familiar with Ty Harden.
    Even he had a few good games. He would disapear sometimes which as a defender is a good thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that is true for all TFC teams every year - we give the Galaxy fits.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell should be done. This game just showed he's no where near good enough to even come off the bench.
    Plays his VERY first starting game for a new team, against the best offensive team in the league and the two year champions. Give the guy a break, its one damn game!

When are TFC fans going to realise its a TEAM game, and picking on one player each week isn't going to change anything. TFC didn't create anywhere near enough chances throughoug, that wasn't Russel's fault.

A point against the champions? I'll take that. TFC fans love to moan! zero points in 9 games last year, 4 from 4 this year. That's a great way to start the season. Yes, we have a long way to go - but we aint gonna turn into playoff material in 4 games. Nelson himself admits we have a way to go and the roster needs more changes. but 4 points and unbeaten at home so far, is a good start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Silva starts the next game. Same with Osorio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against the best offensive team in the leauge that was missing there beat two strikers. And that's the problem there should be no break given. Doesn't matter who it is. He headed a ball back into the box that allowed the tying goal. Don't know of any defender that would head a ball back ino a box in stoppage time in any leauge.

We need to step up and demand better from our players. He had 3 points and one stupid decision cost us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against the best offensive team in the leauge that was missing there beat two strikers. And that's the problem there should be no break given. Doesn't matter who it is. He headed a ball back into the box that allowed the tying goal. Don't know of any defender that would head a ball back ino a box in stoppage time in any leauge.

We need to step up and demand better from our players. He had 3 points and one stupid decision cost us.
    I gotta agree with this it wasn't a fluke bounce, he played the ball in the worst possible position and was setup for it before the ball even reached him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth be told,

He was out of position and his marker was in front of goal - very bad.

He challenged for the ball - good.

He beat his marker and headed the ball - good.

He headed towards a danger area - very bad.

At this level, you can not rely upon others to bail you out. Getting to the ball isn't good enough. He has to see it out of danger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of guys besides Russell had problems today. Magee owned Eckersley in the first half, until we switched around our scheme. Dunfield and Hall were exposed repeatedly, and created nothing. Bostock and Ephraim not linking up with each other or anyone else.

We're not a bad team. We're not good either. But we're not bad.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We're not a bad team. We're not good either. But we're not bad.
    Honestly...I can't tell if we're good or bad. We spent the entire first half kicking the ball away for no good reason. Things got a bit better in the second half and we scored a nice goal.

That being said, we were gifted our first goal and Donovan missed a sitter seconds after he came on.

It's very hard to tell what we are right now....but I'm not at all impressed with our first half game plan today. And I HATE our player selection. LOL

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certainly very disappointed with the result. It was our proper home opener and we really could have used the full three points. Kills me to go up by one in the 2nd half and then lose the advantage in stoppage time. For a team that had a bye week with which to recover and prepare, LA really made us look slow and plodding out there. Darel Russel, YOU ARE KILLING ME.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-30-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Truth be told,

He was out of position and his marker was in front of goal - very bad.

He challenged for the ball - good.

He beat his marker and headed the ball - good.

He headed towards a danger area - very bad.

At this level, you can not rely upon others to bail you out. Getting to the ball isn't good enough. He has to see it out of danger.
    does anybody think that Russel INTENTIONALLY headed the ball back into the box? I didn't see that way whatsoever. He was leaning back, got between the two LA players, and "only just" got his head to it. At that point, where the ball way going he had absolutely no choice in. He could hardly control it coming way over his head and only just getting his head to it. I don't think it was intentional at all. Unfortunate, yes, but not intentional. He was clearly putting in the effort to beat the LA players to the ball. I'm not saying Russel didn't play badly - but to say he intentionally put the ball back into the danger area, is not accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even he had a few good games. He would disapear sometimes which as a defender is a good thing.
    Yeah but he had worse days that Russel. E.g.http://youtu.be/9Lkjat8nGsQ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Honestly...I can't tell if we're good or bad. We spent the entire first half kicking the ball away for no good reason. Things got a bit better in the second half and we scored a nice goal
    Sure you can. Bad is the way we looked in 80% of our games in 2011 and 2012 - utterly clueless and disorganized.

This team is misfiring, doesn't have the right personnel, but is, mostly, not disorganized.

We all know this is about 2014. We're going to have more games like this. The core LA players have been together for 4 years, not 4 games. There was a play late where Dunivant misfired on a cross and Magee looked amazed - Dunivant lands that cross 90% of the time. We only land it 20% of the time because we have no chemistry, no cohesion.

I think we're on track.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the tieing goal, made really despise Darel Russel, almost to the point when Logan Emory recieved that intentional red card, I am happy they finally passed the torch onto someone new; its still going to take a while before TFC improves enough to be a top competitor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe russel should be on offence? that was a perfect header back into the box. On a serious note, russel was directly responsable for both goals. Can nelsen please play on our D until we get it sorted?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I am surprised, but does anybody think as I do, that a quiet stadium with 2000 unsold seats may prompt MLSE to finally build a winning team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Plays his VERY first starting game for a new team, against the best offensive team in the league and the two year champions. Give the guy a break, its one damn game!

When are TFC fans going to realise its a TEAM game, and picking on one player each week isn't going to change anything. TFC didn't create anywhere near enough chances throughoug, that wasn't Russel's fault.

A point against the champions? I'll take that. TFC fans love to moan! zero points in 9 games last year, 4 from 4 this year. That's a great way to start the season. Yes, we have a long way to go - but we aint gonna turn into playoff material in 4 games. Nelson himself admits we have a way to go and the roster needs more changes. but 4 points and unbeaten at home so far, is a good start.
    I'm sorry, but that was exceptionally bad. We had the win in the bag, and this guy throws it all away by doing exactly what they teach you not to do in house league soccer. There are no excuses for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll never look at the look of pure pleasure on Jonathan Osorio's face when he scored his first professional goal for his hometown team at his hometown field.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im happy with the point,but that 2nd goal was schoolboy stuff,jezzz,greencard or not,russell was brutal today,sit him..