Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So, this will be a banner right? NELSEN LEADS THE WAY attn big picture sry

Just waiting for my membership switch to happen on the board, so I don't know if this has been posted but, leadership

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quality pic right thuur!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit to whoever took it, and SBI for the article featuring it

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/03/...-coaching.html

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a great picture, and would work nicely on a banner.
    Perhaps it's best to wait and see how things go before immortalizing the coach with a paint brush.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hail to Ryan Nelsen,
    Ryan Nelsen, Ryan Nelsen
    Hail to Ryan Nelsen,
    In Nelsen we trust

He's better than Preki
    The girls find him Sexy
    Hail to Ryan Nelsen,
    In Nelsen we trust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    It's a great picture, and would work nicely on a banner.
    Perhaps it's best to wait and see how things go before immortalizing the coach with a paint brush.
    Agreed, the title was really to grab attention and to make a bookmark or save the file just in case

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like one of the Rapa Nui on Easter Island.

O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, imagine what it will be like around here if we somehow win this game Saturday.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    Hail to Ryan Nelsen,
    Ryan Nelsen, Ryan Nelsen
    Hail to Ryan Nelsen,
    In Nelsen we trust

He's better than Preki
    The girls find him Sexy
    Hail to Ryan Nelsen,
    In Nelsen we trust
    Oh my, I might just need to yell this as loud as possible in Montreal, it's oddly fantastic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone can find the picture used, but I thought the one from the current ExtraTime Radio podcast is rather sharp and maybe a better choice than this (my opinion, anyway); they had a poll going for best dressed coach and our gaffer's leading the bunch, at the moment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus. Win one game.

"The system of sudden idolatry, invented by those without lives, far surpasses in absurdity anything that we have ever heard of."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
    Jesus. Win one game.

"The system of sudden idolatry, invented by those without lives, far surpasses in absurdity anything that we have ever heard of."
    Remember folks - don't feed the

Sorry Joey. You do seem like a nice guy. You really do. But for someone who didn't have a single post on this board two weeks ago to come out talking the way you do, what other conclusion do you expect us to come to? Really? You're a fan of Justin Braun, and that's why you like TFC? Hey I agree. It's way too early for us to get ahead of ourselves. But if you've really been a supporter of this club since Day 1, you'd allow us some good-natured hubris at least, given what we've gone through the last 6 years.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 03-14-2013 at 08:31 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We joked in the off-season how our back line could lead the league in red cards this year. I thought it was great when things got a bit chippy in the Dome opener. Nice to see the team show some fight. Its only one win, but it appears the guys are playing with more emotion, more fight than they did last year. I think we're going to have some fun at BMO this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Remember folks - don't feed the

Sorry Joey. You do seem like a nice guy. You really do. But for someone who didn't have a single post on this board two weeks ago to come out talking the way you do, what other conclusion do you expect us to come to? Really? You're a fan of Justin Braun, and that's why you like TFC? Hey I agree. It's way too early for us to get ahead of ourselves. But if you've really been a supporter of this club since Day 1, you'd allow us some good-natured hubris at least, given what we've gone through the last 6 years.

You simply just could have replied with:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed.

Hey, maybe Kenny should make a return to the boards and show this guy how to troll properly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Indeed.

Hey, maybe Kenny should make a return to the boards and show this guy how to troll properly.
    I'm not trolling. The truth is-- one game. ONE WIN and you want a statue built of the guy. What does that say about the state of things?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    He looks like one of the Rapa Nui on Easter Island.

Damn man, you beat me to it!

It's really a great pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Not sure if anyone can find the picture used, but I thought the one from the current ExtraTime Radio podcast is rather sharp and maybe a better choice than this (my opinion, anyway); they had a poll going for best dressed coach and our gaffer's leading the bunch, at the moment.
    That's a bit of a change from a short pants' guy jumping around the TFC bench not long ago... but eh, I can't remember his name.
    Dude had a British accent though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does one upload pics on here. It tells me that I am exceeding my limit despite having no pics uploaded.
    Last edited by Simple; 03-16-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trolling. The truth is-- one game. ONE WIN and you want a statue built of the guy. What does that say about the state of things?
    Its fucking paint on fabric, nor was it one game. Do you ever remember us being down by two and coming out of the half trying to get back into the game? On the road? Or a coach who has been praised by everyone who seems to have ever had a personal experience with him?

I'm just going to make a two stick and be done with it.
    I will be shocked if I hear one negative thing from anybody that matters on here about taking the time to make something and show Nelly that he hasn't made a terrible decision, because the results this year aren't guaranteed to do that for him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's still a loss man. yeah we sure we came back to almost have a chance at winning.
    too many people on here are to easy to praise and then redicule on this board. sit back, get a few games (ie like eight) and then make your judgements.
    this place really does make me wish there was somewhere else to discuss this team with on most days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    Its fucking paint on fabric, nor was it one game. Do you ever remember us being down by two and coming out of the half trying to get back into the game? On the road? Or a coach who has been praised by everyone who seems to have ever had a personal experience with him?

I will be shocked if I hear one negative thing from anybody that matters on here about taking the time to make something and show Nelly that he hasn't made a terrible decision, because the results this year aren't guaranteed to do that for him.
    I think this is great. People support their club in their own way and I'd like to see people be more understanding of individual expression. None of us are 'right' when it comes to how we support our club. I don't really like jumping up and down and singing for 90 minutes, and I will never understand a Capo who missed 75% of the match, but I do know that they are there to support the club in their own way and that's great. We all need to find joy and love in our own ways so if you are against the idea just relate it to something are for to help add perspective. One way I like to support the club is to make little banners to display at appropriate times during the match. This includes new, unproven players. The same way that some will chant for them if they do something well I like to show them that we are behind them from the start and that I want them to succeed. I've used this pic to design a little 2-stick myself. I'm not able to post it here (still not sure why - little help?) But I intend to bring it for the LA game to show Nelson that I want him to do well and hopefully it, along with all the things all the supporters do, will spur him on to create a better team. That is all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple, man that was simple. and i liked it
    sorry i had to

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post

I probably wouldn't be making a banner/2 stick about Nelson myself at this point, but just do it. Don't worry about what anyone else has to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is this johnny come lately?

When did I say I wanted a statue built of him? I don't think I've even said anything about Nelsen.
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-17-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everybody, new to the forums, though I have supported the team since Day One. When I saw that initial picture, I had to make an attempt at editing it. Does anybody know how I can upload an image from my computer? I only see an option to upload from a URL.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not an amalgam of the OP's picture and this? We're talking about Nelson after all...
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 03-22-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.