Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

Montreal have played defensively so far, but I've seen them in full flow before, so we can't necessarily expected counterattack ... especially given that we're a counterattacking team, so far.

They have a great backline, but they also have two guys north of 34 who, it's possible, might not be able to keep up with the dribbling at speed of Bostock and Ephraim, so maybe our guys up the middle get some space.

But you look at their lineup, how they've gelled so far, it's tough to see a win. I'll say we shade the lucky side and get a 1-1 draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who aren't making the trip to Montreal, is there a contingent of people who are watching at a bar downtown? Wish I could have made the trip to Montreal, but failing that would love to watch the game somewhere with some good atmosphere...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva, Julio Cesar and Welshman didn't travel with the team. Silva close to returning but still out, Julio Cesar is healthy but lacking fitness, and Welshman is fully fit but lost out on a spot on the bench with Braun back at full fitness.

We're likely going to see the same starting lineup as last week, unless Bekker starts in midfield, but I doubt Nelsen will do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Silva, Julio Cesar and Welshman didn't travel with the team. Silva close to returning but still out, Julio Cesar is healthy but lacking fitness, and Welshman is fully fit but lost out on a spot on the bench with Braun back at full fitness.

We're likely going to see the same starting lineup as last week, unless Bekker starts in midfield, but I doubt Nelsen will do that.
    Montreal beat two of the best teams on the road. They have built a terrific MLS club out of nothing (how many starters. Were with the USL team.). TFC has improved over the shit ple of the past 7 years, but are outclassed in this game. Montreal 4 TFC 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Montreal beat two of the best teams on the road. They have built a terrific MLS club out of nothing (how many starters. Were with the USL team.). TFC has improved over the shit ple of the past 7 years, but are outclassed in this game. Montreal 4 TFC 1
    That's ridiculous. Montreal beat two attacking teams by sitting back and hitting them on the break. Seattle had one eye on the CCL and Portland play Ryan Johnson up front. I really don't think their first two wins are as impressive as everyone is making them out to be. Sure It'll be difficult, away games in MLS always are( every game is tough for TFC really), but I don`t think Montreal is gonna look so good when they come up against us and realize "holy shit, we're gonna have to be the ones who go out and attack today". They aren't very creative, but they are good at running around a lot, so We're very similar in that aspect. my bet is a 1-1 draw.

Edit: only their back-up GK played on their NASL team, and that was only for one season.
    Last edited by Daze; 03-16-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Road Wins resulted from defensive and offensive mistakes by their opponent. Neither Portland nor Seattle capitalized on their attacks often missing shot after shot, and the Montreal goals were really resulting in defensive break downs.

We won't see Montreal score more then 2 at best.. I'd be surprised if they put in more then 1 if the score at all.

I think it will be Montreal one TFC what ever we can put in the back of the net. This game is won lost or tied by our offensive chances...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

limpact are riding high and you know what gettin high does to ya, yeah some people say theyll play even better at home. but I think theyre fit for a bad game in theyre 3rd game. I think earnshaw is not done with his new home awakening and I can see him potting 2 good goals not adding penalty kicks, bostock is gonna be alot more comfortable this time around too. montreal might have pulled off 2 surprising wins but the only thing stopping tfc from being known as a real contender is gelling togethor and this is our 3rd game. I think this will be our best game played yet. 2-1 tfc maybe 3-2 tfc.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flintstones

Impact? Fuck the Impact
    They’re just refugees from Italy
    When we Beat them 6-1
    ‘Twas a great day in our history

Let’s ride on the bus to Montreal
    Nelsen, and his boys will own the ball

Impact? Fuck the Impact
    We will fuck them at the Big Owe
    And at Saputo,
    And fuck the Whitecaps Too!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord,

If I die today... Bury me in red... With my RPB Dichio Scarf, a cuban cigar and whiskey bottle by my side.

Amen.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I die today, give me a soft pillow... I'm tired!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning lads. ROAD TRIP! See you there, and for the unfortunate who can't make the trip, you'll be there in spirit!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna catch the Rangers match online then we're going to be checking out of the hotel and heading back off into Montreal, its finally here ladies and gentlemen!

Reds on Tour!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!! montreal here we come!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Flintstones

Impact? Fuck the Impact
    When we Beat them 6-1

Impact? Fuck the Impact
    And at Saputo,
    Bravo. You should write these for a living.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 years in a row,
    4 years in a rowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Flintstones

Impact? Fuck the Impact
    When we Beat them 6-1

Impact? Fuck the Impact
    And at Saputo,
    don't really think there's a need for that line........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Oh come on dude, he's not ripping Italians. He's ripping Montreal Impact Italians. Christ, if they were Chinese he'd have done the same.

Offensensitivity helps no one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Oh come on dude, he's not ripping Italians. He's ripping Montreal Impact Italians. Christ, if they were Chinese he'd have done the same.

Offensensitivity helps no one.
    really?....."refugees" from Italy is cool?......ok I'll keep that in mind....something tells me that if something similar was said about the British it wouldn't pass so easily (in fact , I've seen it not go down so well on here before).......not oversensitivity at all, just that if its gonna be played one way, it should be played the other too.......keepin' it real and all that......
    Last edited by TFC Tifoso; 03-16-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any streams for this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now all that's needed is a thousand little beepers in the impact support section

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    limpact are riding high and you know what gettin high does to ya, yeah some people say theyll play even better at home. but I think theyre fit for a bad game in theyre 3rd game. I think earnshaw is not done with his new home awakening and I can see him potting 2 good goals not adding penalty kicks, bostock is gonna be alot more comfortable this time around too. montreal might have pulled off 2 surprising wins but the only thing stopping tfc from being known as a real contender is gelling togethor and this is our 3rd game. I think this will be our best game played yet. 2-1 tfc maybe 3-2 tfc.

We win one game in 15 months and we've gone from suicidal to from higher than a kite flown from a F-18 . A herion high so to speak. What a come down this will be for some.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post

I agree this is just stupid. Why even go there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    That's ridiculous. Montreal beat two attacking teams by sitting back and hitting them on the break. Seattle had one eye on the CCL and Portland play Ryan Johnson up front. I really don't think their first two wins are as impressive as everyone is making them out to be. Sure It'll be difficult, away games in MLS always are( every game is tough for TFC really), but I don`t think Montreal is gonna look so good when they come up against us and realize "holy shit, we're gonna have to be the ones who go out and attack today". They aren't very creative, but they are good at running around a lot, so We're very similar in that aspect. my bet is a 1-1 draw.
    Yeah I'd have to disagree with you there. Travel being what it is in MLS and the nature of home field advantage and all, it's an accomplishment. The stat came up this week, the last east coast team to go to the west coast and win back to back road games was New England multiple years ago. Perhaps there was another conditional attached to it as well, but none the less it doesn't happen often.

I do agree that this isn't an impossible task for us in Montreal though. There's no reason why we can't keep this game competitive and from there who knows what happens? My expectations are low but not looking at it as a lost cause. We just need to continue to be patient. Management has said the team's not a finished product at this point and that's fair.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-16-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not expecting a win today but I'm looking forward to the game. Give me one solid half again and I'll be happy. We'll already have 3 more solid halves than all of last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking we'll get a little Bostock magic today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same XI as against KC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's keep this Italian crap or any ethnic remarks off these boards, no need for it, " All for one" remember. furthermore, TFC represents the Toronto area, an area populated by so many people with some kind of Italian background, unless you just started living in theToronto area like yesterday, you should know that, furthermore, many TFC fans have some Italian background in them, regardless lets keep any ethnic remarks off these bloody boards. I hate Montreal because they want to take points off of my team, not because of the ethnic makeup of their team, no matter where they come from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And it would be just as dumb, ignorant and offensive