Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    If that were all true, where are our Chinese, Indian, or Pakistani players?
    Find me one player from India or Pakistan that could make the Ottawa Fury. Get enough empty seats and you'll see a Chinese National team player in the line-up.

I would dare say that FO saw the empty seats after last year and decided to go back to the EPL. And it's worked. If not JUST making the play-offs is acceptable to the majority of fans. Which was for the first 6 years. So bring in some EPL not good enoughs and you'll get 18K a game and some decent performances. And judging by the positive banter on this forum, people are buying into that middle of pack dream.

And if you look at Montreal on their 30 main roster, I'm sure it's just a diverse as any other team including TFC. BUT their main players, like TFC come from one place.

And that's my point. I'm not a fan of it-- unless it's a WINNING formula. And Montreal won't win this year. As stated they need a stud 26 year leading the team and not someone over 33.
    Last edited by JoeyB; 03-22-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are the main TFC players and where do they come from? Lets see how volatile the situation is, and ask the same question some time in April.

Originally Posted by JoeyB
    I think TFC could use a few Italians in the middle of the park. MLSE's obsession with English football is just as lame.
    Originally Posted by JoeyB
    Robert came directly from the UK. The cheers when he signed as I remember were quite loud from anyone whose second team plays in the EPL. If you want to disagree with what I saying, that's fine, but from a non-UK parental upbringing, the UK theme of the club is rather obvious. And that's what most Italians in the city have been saying for a while. I personally don't care where a player comes from, but I want to win. I couldn't care less if we had 1 Canadian in the starting 11. But when the links of losing is due to a slave like obsession with demographics (yes TFC is a corporate entity- they love stuff like that) you lose sight of what actually what the top clubs in the world use to win. Scout/ Pay and Play the best players regardless of ethnicity.
    So which is it - we need Italian players, or we need good players and it doesn't matter where they are from?

So if we were to go and sign a few midfielders from Terza Categoria you'd be happy?

i posted this link earlier. This list isn't dominated by English players - far from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toronto_FC_players

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
    I would dare say that FO saw the empty seats after last year and decided to go back to the EPL.
    Did you even read this thread, or all you trolling? That whole idea is thoroughly debunked, read the whole thread and then come back and give your opinions.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find me one player from India or Pakistan that could make the Ottawa Fury. Get enough empty seats and you'll see a Chinese National team player in the line-up.

I would dare say that FO saw the empty seats after last year and decided to go back to the EPL. And it's worked. If not JUST making the play-offs is acceptable to the majority of fans. Which was for the first 6 years. So bring in some EPL not good enoughs and you'll get 18K a game and some decent performances. And judging by the positive banter on this forum, people are buying into that middle of pack dream.

And if you look at Montreal on their 30 main roster, I'm sure it's just a diverse as any other team including TFC. BUT their main players, like TFC come from one place.

And that's my point. I'm not a fan of it-- unless it's a WINNING formula. And Montreal won't win this year. As stated they need a stud 26 year leading the team and not someone over 33.
    You're kidding right? Just go to Europe and you can find brown players that can play in MLS level if they wanted to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    You're kidding right? Just go to Europe and you can find brown players that can play in MLS level if they wanted to.
    What is a brown player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a brown player?
    South Asian player

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Did you even read this thread, or all you trolling? That whole idea is thoroughly debunked, read the whole thread and then come back and give your opinions.
    It hasn't. This years team alone. So I totally disagree with the idea that TFC isn't a British club.

Dare I say 7 of the starting 11 are from the UK. And sorry to the Irish and Welsh-- but you're from a small chain of islands off the coast of Europe- so you're all one happy family.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    South Asian player
    Well that's better. Do you use the term white player for players from Scotland?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's better. Do you use the term white player for players from Scotland?
    What's your point? Are you offended by "brown player" term? lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it's pretty racist in the manner you used it. And adding LOL ain't getting you off the hook. What do you call African players? Dark Black players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it's pretty racist in the manner you used it. And adding LOL ain't getting you off the hook. What do you call African players? Dark Black players?
    Funny comment coming from a guy making anti-British/pro-Italian comments on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The suggestion that the FO has hidden marketing motives for getting some EPL players is quite laughable. Do you really think that Kevin Payne cares so much about getting fans in the seats right now that he's going to sacrifice building a winning team in order to cater to a certian audience?

The reason for getting these EPL/SPL players is pretty obvious: Our coach just came from there and a lot of players over there respect him. And no, we didn't hire Nelsen because he played in the EPL, we got him because Payne knows him from DC and thinks he will be a great coach.

Also, Payne has constantly been trying and talking about getting players from SA, but he got EPL players because that's what they were able to get at the time. If it was all about filling the stands with EPL fanboys, then shouldn't Payne be talking about lining up more EPL players instead of SA players?

Then again, things would be rather dull if everything wasn't a conspiracy to fill the stands...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It hasn't. This years team alone. So I totally disagree with the idea that TFC isn't a British club.

Dare I say 7 of the starting 11 are from the UK. And sorry to the Irish and Welsh-- but you're from a small chain of islands off the coast of Europe- so you're all one happy family.
    It only has to do with the current coaches' contacts, which is a short-term fix. Read what I posted about DC United. Payne will turn TFC into a Latino team over the next few years. Nothing to do with marketing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a brown player?
    Ok. Looks like this thread has run it's course.
    We are way off topic ... post game Montreal.
    Time to say goodbye and goodnight to this thread.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't throw around "racist" lightly. In my son's school, South Asians call themselves "brown." There is nothing inherently racist about describing someone's physical attributes, be they hair colour, skin colour, hight, or whatever. What would be racist is unfairly generalizing about someone based on that.

"Racism" as commonly used also relates to ethnicity, so complaining about too many "British" players could be seen by many as racist. Also lumping in Irish with English shows the kind of unfair generalizing that racists do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're throwing that accusation around far too loosely.

Calling me "white", is not racist.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, try telling someone from Ireland that they are British and see show they react.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just plain silly. Try telling an Irishman or someone from Wales that they are British. Most of these guys have been here less than a month. Give it a rest. If you insist on carrying on with this ethnicity stuff, take a break, and revisit the team in a few months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

correct me if I'm wrong I believe your're familiar with the 'Italian ' background , what your're saying is calabrese are the same as sicilians , and see no difference btwn each other?
    AND love your earlier statement Montreal isn't going anywhere,.....geez have they lost a game yet?.........just lovin the comedy! you're here all week . and try the veal it's amazing!
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread has run it's course

We are way off topic

game over
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !