Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    Why don't you basement dwellers lay off Dunfield? If you were real fans you would have been here with the other 4,000 of us and actually watched the game in real time and seen the shift he put in. Instead you come crawling out from under your rocks and abuse him online. Give us a break why don't you.
    I live in Edmonton, ya fucking tool. 5,000 plus posts on here, everyone who counts knows that.

Here's a suggestion: attack someone's point, not how poorly they compare to your megafandom.

What a bunch of horseshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I live in Edmonton, ya fucking tool. 5,000 plus posts on here, everyone who counts knows that.

Here's a suggestion: attack someone's point, not how poorly they compare to your megafandom.

What a bunch of horseshit.
    I did attack your point. From the point of view of someone who watches from the stands and not from the screen.
    Are there no flights from Edmonton to Montreal?
    Last edited by KRO; 03-16-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you basement dwellers lay off Dunfield? If you were real fans you would have been here with the other 4,000 of us and actually watched the game in real time and seen the shift he put in. Instead you come crawling out from under your rocks and abuse him online. Give us a break why don't you.
    Wow, really poorly played and more than a tad out of line, nice that you were there but many others, who may have wanted to were restricted either by distance, family or other reasons that were important to them. certainly doesn't mean they/we can't have an opinion without this kind of menial derision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did attack your point. From the point of view of someone who watches from the stands and not from the screen.
    And what does that change? That his determination and passion really come through when you're watching him live?

We all know Dunfield works hard. He's incredibly hard working and incredibly unskilled. We all appreciate that he gives his all, but he's just not good enough to start in the MLS. No way around it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol way to show the Toronto sport fan stereotype KRO. Who's cares if he can't mark or pass or do anything right. He works hard. And we all know thats the most important part right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen Dunfield play live 20 times, didn't go to Montreal, and side with the vast majority who think he's a very occasional MLS sub, at best.

I admire his pluck, but so what. He is a marginal player, he'll be gone soon. Anyone who can't see that doesn't understand what Payne is doing.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have seen Dunfield play live 20 times, didn't go to Montreal, and side with the vast majority who think he's a very occasional MLS sub, at best.

I admire his pluck, but so what. He is a marginal player, he'll be gone soon. Anyone who can't see that doesn't understand what Payne is doing.
    I'm not so sure. Gone as a starter maybe, but from the club? Payne seems to think all MLS teams are still to a degree outposts for local players. Unless Osorio makes him redundant very soon, I'd think they'd find room for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^No one from 2012 except maybe O'Dea, maybe, will be here in 2014. It's what happens under a new regime.

Dunfield will be gone soon from the club. He's a commodity. Nelsen will find someone he knows from England to be the bruiser for 75K.

I respect Dunfield and will thank him.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we have a little bit more solid analysis, and a little bit less cursing and name calling please? I would hate to see the conversation devolve into the kind of ill-temptered sturm und drang that characterized so much of last year on the board.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully one of the 4 players TFC are trying to get is a Left Back... Morgan just isn't up to the standard right now....I still cant get my head around what he was doing when he gave away that penalty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good:
    Last week was the first time I'd seen Ephraim play and I thought he was lousy. This week he totally won me over with his play. Bostock is a very good player and if he continues at the level he's played so far he'll be a great addition to the club. You could see Montreal's coach was worried about him as he was being double teamed frequently. Earnshaw was great again. It's a sh u ame he didn't see more of the ball. Tireless work and penalty was again top notch. Ecks had a great game and O'Dea was another stand out on defence. Lambert played a solid game and Russell was a hugely pleasant surprise for me and played great when he came on.

The bad:
    Bekker was very poor and his dead balls were atrocious. Dunfield clattering into Montreal's keeper long after the whistle had blown was stupid. Ecks didn't need to take the yellow at the end and needs to control his temper better.

The ugly:
    Montreal supporters with a Stewie Griffin banner and the word "ultras" under it was hysterical. Poor morons.
    Last edited by Stryker; 03-17-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nah, Morgan's got a skill set, Wynne is just a monstrously gifted athlete (and fast). But Asthone's only 20. Still early days.
    Morgans a 1991 so he will be 22..... if he hasn't got it now.. i'm sorry to say but he will never have it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how in the article about the post match exchange you can clearly make out in the photo set in the article several of us flipping off... Whatever, in multiple directions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    Dunfield also sold the ref on the foul in the box that led to the penalty and our only goal.
    yes he did.......
    But i prefer that he contributes with athletic skill instead.
    I was at the game and it looked like a weak call from the stands..
    The consensus was that the ref was itching to call one our way to even things out any-way. Dunfield provided the opportunity.
    I would have preferred neither of the PKs to have been called.......
    Dunfield is a good late sub nothing more at this time. IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TFC support was tremendous today. Was on the 400 and love it when we chant louder than those fake fucking limpact "ultras" and love how no tfc fan give a shit about their wave lol . TFC played poorly for the first half, second half was better.

-Toledo is just a fucking prick, period.
    -What Morgan did there could be given both ways and a normal player wouldn't have fall down there, but we're talking about Montreal here, so it's a different story.
    -Di Viao's goal was onside (just), and i've got to admit that finish was compose.
    -could've been 3-0 in the 1st half if Bendik didn't save the flick by Di Viao
    -Dunfield fell from some (less than average) contact, but that's what the limpact players were doing for the whole game and Toledo is calling for all of them (so i guess it's almost equal now)
    -I don't hate Dunfield, I think he's just a sub material. But the rant on this guy in this thread is too damn high lol. We might need a Dunfield Rant thread sometime soon for those people that dispise him every game.

At the end of the day.....
    4 years in a row, 4 years in a rowwwwwww, Canadian Champions, 4 years in a rowwww!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

!!!!!!! Hmmmm

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were in Vancouver for the season opener?? Good on ya!

Just because someone does not travel extra distance to watch and cheer live does not demean then as a fan/supporter. I would love to travel to see the team more often but circumstances dictate otherwise.
    That does not stop me from supporting and yes criticizing when I feel so inclined.

I gladly drove Ottawa/Montreal and back to watch yesterdays game and spend time with the many friends I have made through TFC and the Red Patch Boys. Getting a ticket from one of the SSH at less than "TicketBastard" pricing was just an extra perk

Now on to BMO on March 30 but after that who knows when I will get to travel again? But I will still be cheering/supporting/"living and dying a little" with each game.
    Last edited by Mark in Ottawa; 03-17-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O yeah and IMHO releasing a smoke bomb in an indoor stadium is really a rather stupid thing to do.
    I noticed a number of the TFC supporters looking very uncomfortable trying to hold scarves to their faces and not breath in the fumes while a few simply left.
    Not an intelligent thing to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Montreal news media, nice picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sober second thoughts. I was totally out of order with that rant last night.
    I'm going to crawl under my own rock and not post anything for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No no no.
    Be passionate, be engaged but also temper comments with a bit of forethought.

If after relection you feel you have crossed a line ... stand up and say so.
    If not ... politely agree to disagree and move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found lots of positives that game. I was in the 200 level, Standing next to the fat Spanish security guard. We played an amazing 2nd half, the time will come when we play like that the whole game. But one thing is, why do long balls if Robbie won't win em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Not a very good game at all, but a hell of alot better than last season's cow dung. Dunfield, is useless. Hall is hardly any better. I would rather have Bendik in goal than Frei at this point. I've seen enough to say he's the #1 for the rest of the season.

The game was predictable from the moment I saw the lineup, Montreal were prepared to deal with Robert Earnshaw by playing a 4-1-4-1 and Bernier in front of the back 4. Montreal, in the end had the more experienced striker to score on goal and with Earnshaw's contribution minimized there's clearly noone else on TFC's lineup to be able to score. There was basically only one striker playing today and it was DiVaio.

As far as the comment by Payne as to a contract being renegotiated, its clearly Koeverman's. He's practically useless at this point and will be renegotiated and released. Koeverman's and Frings IMO were expected to leave if they weren't in the lineup at the start of the season, Frings is gone and now Koevermans is gone by mid-season.
    And the season too?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was basically a tale of two halves. Montreal dominated the first half and we dominated the second half, with approximately an equal total number of quality scoring chances going both ways. In the end, we were a crossbar away from coming away with a well earned draw.

Onward and upward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Nice pic.

With regards to the game, Montreal are a more organized and tactically astute team than we are, and that's why they're 3-0 to start the season. I may get some hate for this, but as an Italian-Canadian it's extremely frustrating to see Montreal being able to bring in international calibre players like Corradi, Nesta, Ferrari, Di Vaio and Pisanu while TFC continue to go dig through the Championship for players who are willing to come here. That strategy hasn't exactly worked wonders yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if its been discussed yet, or to what degree but in my opinion id be maybe throwing Ashtone Morgan onto the market. His first two games have been poor, he's not playing to the level he did last year. I don't know if he's not been given the same permission as he was under Winter/Mariner, and its affecting his play, maybe the injury has messed with his head, maybe he's not confident, or maybe its that who's gonna get on his runs and crosses into the box? It's not gonna be Earnshaw, maybe he misses Koevs. Who knows. But right now I think somebody needs to push him for his position atleast!

When you think about yesterdays game who was the weakest link? To me it was either Hall or Morgan, both didn't play to the heights of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't sweat it. Life goes on, mang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This year is an entire trial session essentially, i would give Morgan half the season to look for improvement. We also have no real backup at that spot which should be rectified.

Lets not forget all these games were played on turf, lets see what he is in the next few games.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-17-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forzatoronto View Post
    ^ Nice pic.

With regards to the game, Montreal are a more organized and tactically astute team than we are, and that's why they're 3-0 to start the season. I may get some hate for this, but as an Italian-Canadian it's extremely frustrating to see Montreal being able to bring in international calibre players like Corradi, Nesta, Ferrari, Di Vaio and Pisanu while TFC continue to go dig through the Championship for players who are willing to come here. That strategy hasn't exactly worked wonders yet.
    Wait until Montreal wins something more than a game before you assume they have the right strategy; you saw the way Nesta went down last night? Just a tweak was all it took. Their average team age is over 30. So they better have very good backups, or a very good physio, because this league's season plays looooong, with lots of turf, lots of trips, lots of older players going down.

In fact, I think one of the reasons TFC buzzed around so much in the final 15 minutes was that the Impact looked out of gas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This year is an entire trial session essentially, i would give Morgan half the season to look for improvement. We also have no real backup at that spot which should be rectified.

Lets not forget all these games were played on turf, lets see what he is in the next few games.
    That's a fair way to treat Morgan. We have to fit North American/ budget players into our lineup somewhere to give us flexibility. He's got to improve though and start taking on a greater sense of responsibility. This is really the downside of the environment our young players were coming through previously. Mistakes that wouldn't have been tolerated on a good team were excused because the overall squad was awful, and bad habits formed.

Getting real sick of all these turf games as well, although Montreal's field is brand new, so that's a bit better than we got at the dome or in Vancouver.