RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confirmed: John Bostock on loan at TFC

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/03...s-bostock-loan

Now maybe we can have a separate thread for Bostock? lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More offense is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't follow overseas soccer... but aren't those teams he played for pretty low divisions (worse than MLS)?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/03...s-bostock-loan

Now maybe we can have a separate thread for Bostock? lol
    Yep, that's the rule, lol. Needs club or conventional media confirmation. Should be posted in "news" however, so I'm moving it there.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love how the TFC website has a picture of Bostock in his Spurs kit even though his last club was Swindon Town, LOL.

The kid has a fairly impressive pedigree, and I trust Nelsen's judgement based on the time they spent together at Tottenham. Hopefully he will add some creativity in the midfield.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a young work in progress, but might be good enough already for MLS.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Yep, that's the rule, lol. Needs club or conventional media confirmation. Should be posted in "news" however, so I'm moving it there.
    you know I'm just going to make a new thread in general forum to talk about Bostock
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the official TFC website...

Pronunciation: “Boss-tock”

So we have two bosses on the squad this year with him and Ag-Boss

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NICE! Frankenstein FC lurches forward!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    you know I'm just going to make a new thread in general forum to talk about Bostock
    haha

He looks like a real leader, captained England's U-17 side. We see again Nelsen's desire for character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike Ephraim and Earnshaw he should be fully fit after training for the past month with different clubs.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hopefully we'll be treated to one or two of these :

a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Gotta love how the TFC website has a picture of Bostock in his Spurs kit even though his last club was Swindon Town, LOL.

Why LOL? He is a Spurs player, they loaned him to us. It kinda makes sense he's in a Spurs kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we have Boss-tock and Ag-boss; Ashton Morgan and Taylor Ashton; Logan Emory, Emory Welshman, and a genuine Welshman in Earnshaw. I think this is all on purpose. We should try for Kyle Beckermen so that he can match up with Kyle Bekker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Johnny BOSTOCK
    Theres only one johnny bostock
    ONE JOHHHHHNNNY BOOOOOSSSTOCK

Theres only one johnny bostock.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these loan deals are a testament to the high regard for Nelsen in England.

They're pretty tricky though, from our POV. Mostly they don't work out.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    All these loan deals are a testament to the high regard for Nelsen in England.

They're pretty tricky though, from our POV. Mostly they don't work out.
    I agree Ensco. It appears this might have been one of Payne's reasons for hiring(believing so strongly in) Nelsen.

Looks like this is the plan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My only concern is why did SJ pass on him? Oh well, let's hope one club's trash is another club's treasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    My only concern is why did SJ pass on him? Oh well, let's hope one club's trash is another club's treasure.
    I've heard it was for Wondo's DP deal and the effort to fit him in the cap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, my father saw Bostock play for Swindon against Oxford earlier this season in the Johnston'n Paint Trophy. Oxford won. But my father says that Bostock came on as a sub, and completely changed the game and was by far Swindon's best player. He sounds like a very "individual" player, somebody like Taraabt, but decent. Spurs usually have very good reserve players. I used to go watch the Spurs reserve team when they played Oxford, and Spurs were always the best reserve team to watch in the reserve league. I expect Bostock to be at a good level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Why LOL? He is a Spurs player, they loaned him to us. It kinda makes sense he's in a Spurs kit.
    I know, but he hasn't played for Spurs in quite some time. It obviously makes for better PR to have him displayed in Tottenham's colors on the TFC website, I'm just having fun with it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't a huge fan of these deals at first but IMO they are low risk, high reward.

Great way to provide the team with a stop-gap in terms of performances on the field, while not sacrificing the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems that some current midfielders at tic days are numbered. we have a ton of midfielders

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also think that they fact that clubs like Spurs will loan players out to MLS sides speaks to the overall legitimacy of the league... or am I just repeating what everyone else is saying ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    I also think that they fact that clubs like Spurs will loan players out to MLS sides speaks to the overall legitimacy of the league... or am I just repeating what everyone else is saying ?
    You're saying it's the league, some are saying that it's Nelsen himself.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You're saying it's the league, some are saying that it's Nelsen himself.
    more like Yallop. Spurs respect the work Yallop did with Dawkins

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wasn't a huge fan of these deals at first but IMO they are low risk, high reward.

Great way to provide the team with a stop-gap in terms of performances on the field, while not sacrificing the long run.
    I'd rather develop your own.

If the player sucks, then it was a waste (Stefanovic). If he does well, we will inevitably overpay to keep him (eg Eckersley, Plata). Payne isn't superhuman, he'll have trouble resisting it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got a funny haircut,

means he's good right?

You're only allowed a funny haircut if you're good. That's in the laws isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'd rather develop your own.

If the player sucks, then it was a waste (Stefanovic). If he does well, we will inevitably overpay to keep him (eg Eckersley, Plata). Payne isn't superhuman, he'll have trouble resisting it.
    That’s certainly a risk. And you could always get caught in the trap of “he’s been mediocre on the field but oh he fits in so well in the locker room, let’s get him anyway, he’ll probably pick up the performance later”.

I’m big on developing our own guys, but we need some other pieces around to help us do that. When you’re in an organization that’s always in crisis mode, it is very difficult to bring people along. You need to place them in a situation that’s challenging yet still achievable. To me that usually means having a core of experienced guys and then placing a young player or two throughout. Processes and systems have to be held together. If they aren’t, the kid isn’t really out there learning what we asked him to. This is all part of the reason why I think the roster the CSA called to that last friendly was entirely ridiculous.

So I think if we stay disciplined and realistic with these loans, it could be a best of all worlds. Key is going to be establishing the pipeline and finding the replacements before we even think about extending contracts or not. If we can do that, and not have too much familiarity bias, we leave ourselves with options are less likely to be suckered into Plata / Eckersley type contracts.