Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he certainly puts the 'boss' in bostock

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Trading Silva at this point would be ill advised and short sighted to say the least. He has the potential to evolve into a perennial MLS all star, and as others have mentioned, it would be a refreshing change to watch one of our highly touted draft picks develop in Toronto FC colors as opposed to with another team.
    Agreed with this. Not sure why we would trade him. The guy is another creative option to bring the ball forward. We need all the help we can going forward!

Bostock was good, but he is very 1 dimensional right now. Teams will figure him out if he doesn't change it up a bit, and when they do, it'll be nice to have Silva there to change it up and take the heat off of Bostock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    This kind of thinking is what got TFC into the position of having no depth domestic players who aren't a full class below the starting caliber players. When you get a player like Silva, you keep holding onto him until his salary surpasses the value he provides.
    Depends what's on the other end of the trade. If we can take somebody else's highly regarded domestic prospect then it's really a wash.

I have some concern that once we have signed our argentine #10 we'll have too many players who want to occupy that same spot on the field, while not having enough true wide options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Bostock's skill on the ball but he seems to hold onto the ball a bit too long - but a game changer just the same. He is a completely different player to Silva and could NEVER make him expendable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    I like Bostock's skill on the ball but he seems to hold onto the ball a bit too long - but a game changer just the same. He is a completely different player to Silva and could NEVER make him expendable.
    Which is why Silva would be a good backup option to Bostock. They both add something different to the mix. They are both young players and have a few years to develop yet. I personally wouldn't get rid of either just yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock has to learn to take the opposing WB to the line and cross against that pressure. If he cuts back in as much as he did on Saturday, other teams will adjust.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bostock has to learn to take the opposing WB to the line and cross against that pressure. If he cuts back in as much as he did on Saturday, other teams will adjust.
    sounds like Plata lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Then he has to be played on the left side. According to Nelsen he doesn't have much of a right foot, which isn't surprising. You can't expect a one footed player playing on their off side to drive to the end line and cross it with their bad foot. That's just a waste of their ability