Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rumour: Former and Current TFC players and their comments on Earl Cochrane

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...n-social-media

From the article:

Earlier tonight a photograph of Earl Cochrane surfaced with the words "I've ruined people's lives to save mine..hehe" written on it. It was posted to the Instagram account of Julian deGuzman. It was posted several weeks ago.

Several former and current TFC players made comment. Below the jump a list of the players and comments.

Dicoy Williams: "True Words lol lol you are for getting someone else the poppet."

Doniel Henry (four emoticons indicating that he's laughing so hard he's crying)

Keith Makubuya: "Fuck this nigga"

Kyle Porter (DC United) : LMAO

Oscar Cordon: "Punk ass bitch lol"

Junior Burgess: Lol

Eric Avila: Hahahahaha Wait...I know him (emoticons indicating that he's laughing so hard he's crying).

CSN has reached out to the club for comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im sure kevin payne have done something to this guy so he wouldn't get as much power as before, idk just my feeling. But ill be more then happy if this guy leaves, like what Makubuya said "fuck this nigga"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 down (anselmi and mariner), 1 to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously unprofessional (especially from Henry and Jordan Hamilton seeing as they're both still with the club) but damn it if I didn't get a good laugh out of this.

Thankfully now with KP running things the most important thing Earl does on a daily basis is remember which cup is decaf and which isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    +1 agreed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a real story?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Is this a real story?
    It sounded kinda fucky to me... put i was linked to it from his twitter...

Duane Rollins ‏@24thminute
    Former, current TFC players make opprobrious comments about Earl Cochrane on social media:http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?4284-Former-current-TFC-players-make-opprobrious-comments-about-Earl-Cochrane-on-social-media … #TFC #MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this the TFC version of that NFL QB twitter conversation? that was amazing lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once bitten twice shy with this Duane Rollins guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why it's not linked in the article but the actual picture is here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is true, we're going to have to find at least 3 more players by saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who could this be?
    one of the comments is:

"kluko2012: Passports!! Where are the passports! (el salvador)"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. This guy was such a sleazeball that current players are fine calling him out in public. Cordon and Makubuya seem the most vitriolic. Sounds like we didn't treat our academy products well. I believe Cochrane was (still is?) in charge of contract negotiations and who knows what else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    who could this be?
    one of the comments is:

"kluko2012: Passports!! Where are the passports! (el salvador)"
    Is that Mike Klukowski? I guess the Cock couldn't even do his job with the CSA right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is true, gotta get this snake fired.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone please explain??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    bingo.

unprofessional comments from the players, but get this guy outa here. pronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    bingo.

unprofessional comments from the players, but get this guy outa here. pronto.
    LOL, I warned everyone about him on this board when he attended his first public meet-and-greet and so thoroughly snowed half the posters here that people were, like, "Earl Cochrane is one AMAZING guy!" Some were even talking about him becoming the GM. All I knew is that he'd been a PR guy in DC and that, frankly, that didn't qualify him for shit with TFC. We had enough of those types already, particularly when one is so smooth and charismatic (initially anyway) that people are IMPRESSED by him.

Didn't take him long to dispel them of that notion. I think the DeRo to Celtic thing wasn't much more than six months or a year later, as well as Sturgess, and then in the immediacy of Winter being hired, the South American defenders whom no one rated in their home countries and yet Cochrane negotiated their deals, not Winter.

There's always been that perception there that it's all about building his own turf to protect and then trying to expand it; I just have to figure that if genuine, these comments confirm that perception. This was probably a concerted and deliberate decision by DeGuzman to open up about him, as he did with Mariner's comment when he was shipped to Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man oh man... This worries me. Something will be done about this, and I fear it will be the players still with the team that pay the price. I have no idea what Henry/Cordon were thinking. It is poor form to speak out about your boss like that in that sort of manner. Doesn't matter if it's true or not, some things are better discussed behind closed doors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cochrane isn't the boss. Only Henry is still with the team and I don't think there's much TFC can do to punish Henry. Cochrane is a cancer and needs to go for sake of fresh start for the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the first post/picture from JDG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is, is that, Cochrane and KP have history, so I can't see him being fired.

I didn't even look at the pic or the comments, but I find it pretty weak for the players to post this kind of thing online. Really shows who the unprofessional ones are.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definitely prefer Cochrane as far away from the team as possible, but it looks like Payne is using him as an administrative assistant. As that, he probably won't cause too many problems, certainly nothing like the "DeRo to Celtic" stuff. Assembling legal paperwork, arranging trips are the sorts of things he is competent at (although that tweet about the passports is troubling) and are low-risk.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone that Cochrane seems shady so that it is no surprise to see something like this but what I can't understand and what really baffles me is the player's comments. It may just be them being young and naive but I am sure burning bridges, any bridges, in this business is bad just like any other business. You never know down the road where the idiot will end up, and it may be at a club that the player wants to be at in the future, and said idiot may have some influence. Not very wise even if they despise the guy. All of these athletes that put stuff out there on twitter and whatnot really got to check their heads. Too much has blown up for stuff like this it shocks me that guys still do it. Oh well....they need to learn from experience I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFootyFanatic View Post
    The problem is, is that, Cochrane and KP have history, so I can't see him being fired.

I didn't even look at the pic or the comments, but I find it pretty weak for the players to post this kind of thing online. Really shows who the unprofessional ones are.
    You are expecting 20 year old kids to have the same sense as you when posting online.

Add that youth that the fact that a kid on track to be a pro athlete generally lives a sheltered life and I think it was a dumb decision attributable to youth on the part of Henry.

It is genius on the part of JDG who is trying to torpedo careers.

As for Cochrane, it is my experience that people who interview well are almost always terrible employees...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Guzman's almost my age, so the youth excuse goes out the window. Whatever happened to him, his play on the field was inexcusable. Putting something like that up for public consumption is childish and unprofessional.

What gets me are the young guys. Aren't they supposed to be social media savvy? lol. Not matter what you think about Earl Cochrane, Henry and Cordon(if he isn't gone already) should be dropped from this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one has asked if this is legitimate?

I follow some of these guys on twitter, and many of the handles aren't the same as their twitter ones. Some of the pictures look off too. Like Burgos for example. I don't know if it's real or not, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

I follow some of these guys on twitter, and many of the handles aren't the same as their twitter ones. Some of the pictures look off too. Like Burgos for example. I don't know if it's real or not, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions.
    What, you don't trust Duane Rollins? haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Henry and Cordon(if he isn't gone already) should be dropped from this team.
    lol because we're really in a position to cut our top prospect because he offended the biggest idiot in the organization. If only we could have a team full of highly professional Terry Dunfields eh? We might lose every single game, but hey, at least we wouldn't be unprofessional

BTW Cordon was gone in the first round of cuts, along with Makabuya and Lindsay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

I don't think anyone cares if it's legit. It's still fooking hilarious