Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Ha ha!! Now it really is Plata over again. That ain't no Vancouver Whitecaps kit.

Painful for Whitecaps supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little painful to those who hoped to see him in a CMNT kit at some point.

Also are the whitecaps still insisting that they hold his ITC because they picked up his option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitecaps just tweeted that Camilo is still under contract and they're working with MLS on the matter. Plata all over again, but even worse because it's a transfer, not a loan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camilo's agent really messed up here. He probably didn't understand the concept of a team option and thought he could decline it. But the Caps definitely hold his rights and Camilo will have to go back to Vancouver or a fee will have to be paid. Caps are probably consulting with the league on what legal action to take. This will get messy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a hilarious situation. This makes MLS look quite bad compared to all the other leagues on this continent. Salary cap needs to be raised so that the league stops losing out on its young talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically, it sounds like Camilo got royally fucked by his agent who (I assume) misled him either because he didn't understand the MLS contract or as a ploy to get him more money.

Either way, I don't see him coming back to the shitecaps next year. Not after this.

The league will probably try to get as much money out of this situation as possible, but in the end will let him leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the openness of that interview, though I'm scratching my head at his comments about the Mexican federation to CSA dialog regarding the contract. Doesn't MLS own all the contracts making the CSA irrelevant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I like the openness of that interview, though I'm scratching my head at his comments about the Mexican federation to CSA dialog regarding the contract. Doesn't MLS own all the contracts making the CSA irrelevant?
    I think this may become a FIFA matter. But not good form by Camilo and/or his agent. I'll back the Whitecaps on this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read somewhere that ITCs have to be signed by both countries' federations.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as we enjoy a bit of schadenfreude at Caps expense, this is a league problem.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...487/story.html

Camilo (and his agent) building a case, using FIFA rulings.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I don't mind if they go after the league on their contract rules. They've always been heavy handed to a fault and of questionable legality. About time they were called on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Personally, I don't mind if they go after the league on their contract rules. They've always been heavy handed to a fault and of questionable legality. About time they were called on it.
    It's not just a question of MLS rules, but would challenge federal labour laws - as a business entity out of Switzerland, this would be an uphill battle for FIFA, and too costly for them in more ways than one. FIFA will uphold MLS' rules, order the mexican team to pay a fee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA Galaxy get a loan for this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Rosa_Gon%C3%A7alves

Article here: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...oan-fluminense

11 goals in 49 appearances and only 22 years old.... not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Let's hope this guy doesn't do better than Gilberto, or we're going to look a little stupid for the amount of money we spent on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^ Let's hope this guy doesn't do better than Gilberto, or we're going to look a little stupid for the amount of money we spent on him.

My thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    It's not just a question of MLS rules, but would challenge federal labour laws - as a business entity out of Switzerland, this would be an uphill battle for FIFA, and too costly for them in more ways than one. FIFA will uphold MLS' rules, order the mexican team to pay a fee
    I don't think this is about FIFA vs. Federal law, as much as asking if MLS contracts are in compliance or enforceable under either regime.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-07-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't think this is about FIFA vs. Federal law, as much as asking if MLS contracts are in compliance or enforceable under either regime.
    It's a good point, though - does Bosman rule has supercede the collective barganing agreement of the MLS union? - the Bosman rule is the one that protects/benefits the player more, and may trump it - also, does Bosman rule come into effect if there is an option year left? - It would be massive if FIFA rules against it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    LA Galaxy get a loan for this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Rosa_Gon%C3%A7alves

Article here: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...oan-fluminense

11 goals in 49 appearances and only 22 years old.... not bad.
    http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2014/01...rd-samuel-loan

That article says 15 goals in 72 apps...which is mediocre.

Seems like a depth addition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bosman rule kicks in somewhere around 6 months before expiry of a contract, a 1 year option would extend that time but I"m not sure if that would apply since its an EU ruling which has no precedence elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang on a second. Did Vancouver just recently exercise the club option on his contract? So they sat on there asses the whole year knowing he is a key player and not extend the contract? Sounds like Vancouver forgot to use the option and Camilo ran straight to Mexico, all around the same time Van exercised the option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    The potentially interesting twist here that according to the article quoted above, the option stuff is based around the labor laws - but that will be the US labor laws. Camillo will not be governed by those, he will be governed by the Canadian labor laws since he is in Canada. I wonder if there is going to be something overlooked or a grey area in that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang on a second. Did Vancouver just recently exercise the club option on his contract? So they sat on there asses the whole year knowing he is a key player and not extend the contract? Sounds like Vancouver forgot to use the option and Camilo ran straight to Mexico, all around the same time Van exercised the option.
    Option exercised in Nov
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Option exercised in Nov
    Well he better get a new agent hah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvin Chavez traded from SJ to COL for Atiba Harris.

Too bad... I wanted to see TFC make a move for Chavez after he asked for a trade from SJ.
    I think he would have looked great opposite Rey on the other wing.
    He also has domestic status, and had a pretty reasonable cap hit (175k last season).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The potentially interesting twist here that according to the article quoted above, the option stuff is based around the labor laws - but that will be the US labor laws. Camillo will not be governed by those, he will be governed by the Canadian labor laws since he is in Canada. I wonder if there is going to be something overlooked or a grey area in that.
    Possibly, but I'm sure the labour laws are more protective here of the player, not less; I think you belong to same union anyways

I think if there is an arguement it will be the agent and the Mexican team arguing a Bosman deal was agreed prior to the renewal date of the option, and that the option is not binding under FIFA precedent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2014/01...rd-samuel-loan

That article says 15 goals in 72 apps...which is mediocre.

Seems like a depth addition.
    The important thing is it's a loan. If he flops, he goes home. If Gilberto doesn't pan out, we're stuck with him, a DP slot being used, embarrassment, reputation hit (again) etc … IMO way too much risk on that one but we'll see - and LA did it right by going for a loan first. Same thing they did w Juninho, same thing Dallas did with Ferreira etc ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    The important thing is it's a loan. If he flops, he goes home. If Gilberto doesn't pan out, we're stuck with him, a DP slot being used, embarrassment, reputation hit (again) etc … IMO way too much risk on that one but we'll see - and LA did it right by going for a loan first. Same thing they did w Juninho, same thing Dallas did with Ferreira etc ...
    I don't know much about Samuel, but seems like Gilberto has a bit more pedigree, given he was 4th best goal scorer in Brasileiro. On the other hand, Gil was being bounced back and forth on loans for the last few years, so I don't know what that says about him. Personally I think (and hope) he will pan out for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob Friend is being linked with LA Galaxy. This story says deal is already signed.

http://www.tz.de/sport/1860-muenchen...a-3309038.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oscar Pareja is back with FCD.

They are also looking for a DM....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Rob Friend is being linked with LA Galaxy. This story says deal is already signed.

http://www.tz.de/sport/1860-muenchen...a-3309038.html
    Both Vancouver and Montreal need forwards. So huge loss for them.

Interesting to see both American and Canadian players coming back home from Europe. Is this new sign?