Page 94 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to see us pick up Carlos Bocanegra and deal him to DC United. I'm sure Kevin Payne has a boy there he'd like to bring to Toronto.

> in before DeRo come home
    p.s. DeRo isn't the player he once was

edit: & who can we steal off hearts, not much but there's got to be some young guy there who we could bring over.
    Last edited by West220Side; 06-24-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word has it that DC will be releasing Rafael soon. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Word has it that DC will be releasing Rafael soon. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Toronto.

(Note: Could you link the article/report where the release rumor is coming from? I'm curious about it.)

Might not be a bad thing. Payne must have signed him while in DC right? Must've seen something in him, a quick Paul Mariner scouting report (wikipedia, google, etc) will show he scored about 1in3 for Bahia, represented Brazil at youth level and played for a team that had about eight managers in three years. clearly he never adjusted to MLS play with only one goal in the league. He's also on loan with DC.

He's young and from a different country, personally I dont know how much english he speaks? Who knows how the club handle him, it takes time for older well traveled players to adjust. When we brought in Laba we gave him a minder, and linked him up with the embassy, so clearly we're not being reckless with our money.

He's made seven appearances for DC United, out of those seven appearances he's been subbed off three times, and subbed on another three.

Id take him, he would fit Paynes "plan" and then all he would need is a playmaker to couple Laba.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Dood, this could be over the top crazy good.

If DC has him as a young DP and wants to open a DP slot and offload some allocation for the summer transfer window we may be able to get them to pay $50-$100k of his contact.

Meaning that we would get him for $100-$150k

He impressed someone, he may need better leadership and people around him.

If we don't have a DP lined up for the summer transfer window this may be the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take a pass on him. He's a young DP for them on a 220k salary, so we either eat the full cap hit, or use our last DP spot on him. Plus he's only on loan with a prenegotiated buy option, so if he turned out decent we would still have to buy him.

Perhaps Payne really likes him, but maybe he will set his sights higher here in Toronto since we have more money for transfer fees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I'll take a pass on him. He's a young DP for them on a 220k salary, so we either eat the full cap hit, or use our last DP spot on him. Plus he's only on loan with a prenegotiated buy option, so if he turned out decent we would still have to buy him.

Perhaps Payne really likes him, but maybe he will set his sights higher here in Toronto since we have more money for transfer fees
    Thats a really good point, never thought of that.

I think our next move is to get a veteran play maker in here with some world cup experience, atleast some national team time. Then take our good long time to scout the next perfect young designated player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SoccerInsider: Confirmed: D.C. United will release Rafael soon #dcu #mls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: sorrywrong llink been reading through DCu forums... Seems like their preparing for an overhaul too. Possibly a lot of salary dump coming.
    Last edited by Ivy; 06-24-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's interesting on DCU from TFC's perspective? Porter, DeLeon, Kitchen, Pontius... None of which they'd probably part with.

Rafael is not un-talented, but he hasn't done much in his time here and probably still needs to adjust to MLS. Maybe it's worth a shot, but I'd prefer to simply bring in our own player.

I would say clear of Jakovic and Dero for salary reasons. Otherwise it seems like a team that's struggling, not all that dissimilar from ours.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Bob and Aron made a move for Jakovic in the past and it didn't materialize. I guess some of that opposition would be gone now. Funny how it all works.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't want Jakovic or De Rosario on our squad right now, De Rosario finally got his big pay cheque and its well deserve he's on his way to retirement. Let him play out his finally few years with a big salary but not here. Pontius and Kitchen are the only players i'm fond of on DC United, but with this Rafael talk... oh boy.

Then again, this entire situation is totally non existent and not happening in the real world at all so why bother dreaming.

We never get nice things as TFC fans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I hope our scouts in Uruguay were looking to bring Cavallini (lucas) back home. The kid runs like Rooney and scored a ton of goals for at team that easily earned promotion to the top Uruguay division.

He isnt playing in the Gold Cup, so I bet he is batteling to solidify his spot on a team that will feature some changes and if he doesnt do so, perhaps he will be open to a move north?

I do wish him luck though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Honestly I hope our scouts in Uruguay were looking to bring Cavallini (lucas) back home. The kid runs like Rooney and scored a ton of goals for at team that easily earned promotion to the top Uruguay division.

He isnt playing in the Gold Cup, so I bet he is batteling to solidify his spot on a team that will feature some changes and if he doesnt do so, perhaps he will be open to a move north?

I'm sure they know all about him from Osorio.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Wouldn't want Jakovic or De Rosario on our squad right now, De Rosario finally got his big pay cheque and its well deserve he's on his way to retirement. Let him play out his finally few years with a big salary but not here. Pontius and Kitchen are the only players i'm fond of on DC United, but with this Rafael talk... oh boy.

Then again, this entire situation is totally non existent and not happening in the real world at all so why bother dreaming.

We never get nice things as TFC fans...
    Porter would be a good addition IMO, cheap at $46k and at worst he is good depth.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post

I remember reading a tweet a while ago where someone asked him about playing for TFC and his reply was along the lines of "not until I'm 30"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Porter would be a good addition IMO, cheap at $46k and at worst he is good depth.
    If DC is doing a salary dump then I don't think they are looking at dumping decent players making low salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watch the "teaser" video from the #ASKKP thing that has been going on twitter:

said have been talking to 2 DP level players one who is a name most would recognize and the other is less of a household name but still a top player in his country. Looking to finalize a young DP that they have been after for a while, and bring a player in on loan from SA that was kind of an add on to the laba deal.

I just saw the video on twitter from the TFC account.

Thing that jumped out to me: he is talking about a young DP and another player that would likely command a DP slot (unless he means that the player is DP caliber but won't come in as a DP) but that would give us 4 DP's which isn't allowed? or can we have 2 young DP's and 2 regular?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the answer to your question is TFC can do whatever they want as long as MLS says yes. I know its not really an answer. Your guess is as good as mine, the rules are extremely flexible in this league and if MLS thinks we need 4 DP's to fix this shit show they will allow us. Regarding the "big name player", I just want TFC to acquire players that can do the job, for all I care he can be from Timbuktu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a preview of the Q and A with Kevin Payne:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if the other player on loan is the other player speculated to come with Laba. Probably Urutti?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess on the loan from SA that was kind of an add on to the laba deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_H...r_born_1986%29

http://www.blackandredunited.com/201...ablo-hernandez

DC United said that Club Defensor Sporting were unwilling to extend the loan past July. Keeping Hernandez would have involved a fairly high transfer fee, so the decision was made to cut ties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTN927vvlE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AejwEN1U3dg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Why do I get the feeling this is the add-on player we are getting?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably a player from the same team as Laba. A deal is probably already in place to get a loan on the cheap as part of the Laba transfer agreement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    It's probably a player from the same team as Laba. A deal is probably already in place to get a loan on the cheap as part of the Laba transfer agreement.
    Pablo Hernandez does play for Argentinos Juniors. He moved from Defensor after DC United. I followed the same logic you did.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also said 2 other DP class players that were talked to are going elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow's double announcement....an over-the-hill DP from Serie A coming just in time to help TFC square off against Roma. His experience will tip the balance!!

I love silly season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think the answer to your question is TFC can do whatever they want as long as MLS says yes. I know its not really an answer. Your guess is as good as mine, the rules are extremely flexible in this league and if MLS thinks we need 4 DP's to fix this shit show they will allow us. Regarding the "big name player", I just want TFC to acquire players that can do the job, for all I care he can be from Timbuktu.
    Been saying that for a few years now.lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: #askKP

Sounds like the new young dp will be Urutti. NOB won the league and I'm sure they'd be willing to let him go now. Payne also say's they'll "finally get him this summer" and "after (him) for quite some time". Our strikers/forwards are older (Koevs, Earnshaw), on loan (Brockie), midfielders (Silva) or not of a high enough standard (Weeds,Braun) so it makes sense to bring in a young dp at that position. Only other thought is maybe Alex Lopez because there was a little noise about him earlier. However, sounds like the two "veterans" they are looking at are creative midfielders so that's why Urutti makes the most sense to me.

Sounds like there are going to be quite a few moving pieces soon and it'll be interesting to see who retires, get's released or traded to open up the necessary spots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it would be Urutti as the young DP Although he probably wouldn't be a bad pick up.

I feel the young DP will not be a player we have talked about before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Re: #askKP

Sounds like the new young dp will be Urutti. NOB won the league and I'm sure they'd be willing to let him go now. Payne also say's they'll "finally get him this summer" and "after (him) for quite some time". Our strikers/forwards are older (Koevs, Earnshaw), on loan (Brockie), midfielders (Silva) or not of a high enough standard (Weeds,Braun) so it makes sense to bring in a young dp at that position. Only other thought is maybe Alex Lopez because there was a little noise about him earlier. However, sounds like the two "veterans" they are looking at are creative midfielders so that's why Urutti makes the most sense to me.

Sounds like there are going to be quite a few moving pieces soon and it'll be interesting to see who retires, get's released or traded to open up the necessary spots
    Urruti is an easy name to come up with. It seemed like they left it open for a future move. But who knows.

I will add one thing, based on his transfermarkt profile, I'd take him simply to help foster a relationship with the guy's listed agency. An extremely quick glance brings up no other MLS connections. Take a look at the stable they represent: http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/berat...ater_1207.html