Page 93 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 8618
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Bothroyd. Not sure how he'd be in MLS but I always liked him at the Championship level. The level of the EPL was a bit much for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I like Bothroyd. Not sure how he'd be in MLS but I always liked him at the Championship level. The level of the EPL was a bit much for him.
    I do too actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    My guess is Fernando Llorente.

Toronto FC were in Spain, and Llorente is an an older (but still young for MLS, at 28) forward looking to make a move. He would also be one of the best forwards in the league and probably one of the best players in the league. My other guess would be Gonzalo Higuain.

If it was an Argentine, than perhaps it was Sebastian Leto. However, all three of these names haven't really been linked to MLS, apart from potentially Higuain but that's only because of his brother.

Unless TFC was chasing Marcos Senna, who signed for the NY Cosmos. That would have been a strange move, indeed.
    Llorente signed for Juventus in January, and is moving there at the end of the month on a bosman.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Llorente signed for Juventus in January, and is moving there at the end of the month on a bosman.
    Ah, so you're right. Guess we weren't in the hunt at all. I wonder who we were looking at in Spain, apart from Alvaro Rey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Ah, so you're right. Guess we weren't in the hunt at all. I wonder who we were looking at in Spain, apart from Alvaro Rey.

How about Aimar?

Don't know how much gas he's got left but he was benched this season at Benfica (yeah, I know it's Portugal not Spain) and is looking for a move. Would be a string puller mfor us.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/7555/87...-leave-Benfica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the academy pick up Raheem Taylor-Parkes? Been part of the Canadian and American national set up and at this time last year was on trial with Arsenal (http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-...rward_aid24306).

Just saw this in my twitter feed.

R.T.P ‏@RaheemTaylorPar 10 Jun
    First training at Toronto FC today. Probably the best Facilities I have ever been to. #TFC #Canada…http://instagram.com/p/aZj2vSyG3y/
    Retweeted by Toronto FC Academy

Richard Bailey ‏@RichardLBailey 36m
    @RaheemTaylorPar good move. Don't get distracted u in the pro environment now make the most of it. best wishes son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see this kid with TFC academy. He has loads of talent. I don't have twitter, so can someone ask him if he's playing for Canada or USA. His profile picture shows him in a Canada tee shirt.

http://instagram.com/raheemtaylorpar/

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Great to see this kid with TFC academy. He has loads of talent. I don't have twitter, so can someone ask him if he's playing for Canada or USA. His profile picture shows him in a Canada tee shirt.

Thanks
    There's honestly so much quality coming through the academy system it would seem. We could be in for a good batch of players for 3-5 years. I've gotta start watching TFCA games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Forlan scored a nice goal today

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Ronaldo was out getting a tan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And Ronaldo was out getting a tan.
    Don't compare...
    Forlan is a 34 year old who makes an estimated 2.2million... Very feasible amount for a world class DP in MLS.
    The guy scores plenty, and plays in positions that we desperately need. I would love to have him here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Don't compare...
    Forlan is a 34 year old who makes an estimated 2.2million... Very feasible amount for a world class DP in MLS.
    The guy scores plenty, and plays in positions that we desperately need. I would love to have him here...
    Big +1 Forlan would be a great signing. Very good value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Payne going with two young designated players (Laba already takes up one slot) and one veteran designated player over the age of 29. He could...

1. Two young designated players. One in the defensive midfield (Laba) and one on the defensive line with the veteran designated player starring as a striker.
    2. Two young designated players. One in the defensive midfield (Laba) and one in the striker position still learning with the veteran pulling the strings from the midfield.
    3. One young designated player. One in the defensive midfield (Laba) and one pulling the strings, connecting with another veteran of a similiar class at striker.

I could go on and on, but why not just ask? Where do you want your designated players?

Id prefer a Laba + creative veteran midfielder (dp) and perhaps another young guy with sell on value if we can find him.
    My designated player doesn't have to be a leader, he doesn't need to be loud, I think thats a role for a 250k mls player. I want somebody with a reputation, plenty of skill, and isn't here on a vacation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post

Thanks
    I'd leave him alone on that one. He's just a kid still. That and the huge amount of US setup pics on Instagram, including the one with him and Klinsmann, to me mean he's spending much more time in the US than here. If TFCA helps change that, awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    I see Payne going with two young designated players (Laba already takes up one slot) and one veteran designated player over the age of 29. He could...

1. Two young designated players. One in the defensive midfield (Laba) and one on the defensive line with the veteran designated player starring as a striker.
    2. Two young designated players. One in the defensive midfield (Laba) and one in the striker position still learning with the veteran pulling the strings from the midfield.
    3. One young designated player. One in the defensive midfield (Laba) and one pulling the strings, connecting with another veteran of a similiar class at striker.

I could go on and on, but why not just ask? Where do you want your designated players?

Id prefer a Laba + creative veteran midfielder (dp) and perhaps another young guy with sell on value if we can find him.
    My designated player doesn't have to be a leader, he doesn't need to be loud, I think thats a role for a 250k mls player. I want somebody with a reputation, plenty of skill, and isn't here on a vacation.
    Option 2 addresses TFC's most dire needs. I'm all over it. #3 as a backup until you can replace the older striker with youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTERESTING:

http://www.nuevodiarioweb.com.ar/not...uu.-460222.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Erviti

Erviti wants to go to play to the USA The
    flywheel Angelici met with him and raised the wishes to play in the United States.

Buenos Aires. The steering wheel Walter Erviti met with the president of Boca Juniors, Daniel Angelici, who raised their desire to emigrate to the soccer of the United States in both the leadership "xeneize past" evaluates an offer that by Juan Sánchez term came from the Ukraine.
    Erviti, who has more than a year contract with a mouth, has an offer from the MLS (the league of American football) and is with the intention to accept it, something that will be evaluated by the CD that leads Angelici, although it is deducted that the club will accept fall off the player.
    With respect to sales, the own Angelici advancement from Catamarca, in where the wednesday mouth was defeated and eliminated from the Copa Argentina by All Boys (3-1), which the Metalist of Ukraine did get an offer of $7 million by Juan Sánchez Term.
    The leadership boca is considering the offer, although already advancement that the club intends to retain the talented steering wheel -at least- until December of this year, and that only accept divest Sanchez Term in exchange for 7.5 million euros for the 70 percent of the pass.
    Other questions that were raised in the last few hours, after the elimination in the Copa Argentina, are related to the continuity or not two players by which the own Bianchi had requested: Clemente Rodriguez and Leandro Somoza.
    The Ombudsman was very questioned after another very loose performance, since before the team of Floresta returned to commit a criminal unnecessary at the beginning of the match, and in the rest of the meeting incurred in numerous errors.
    Somoza, after having raised their level in the Copa Libertadores, again irresolute in the mark and misguided in their passes at the following parties by the local tournament and the Copa Argentina.
    At the press conference following the defeat to all boys, the DT Carlos Bianchi, after being consulted and commented that the continuity of both players "is in the hands of the leaders, that was an item you have to define the club".

Reinforcements
    in the reinforcements, is known to be very near the possibility of the return to Port central defender Daniel "tasting" Diaz, from the Spanish football, whose arrival was especially requested by Bianchi.
    There were also talks to the front Emanuel Gigliotti is incorporated into mouth, although conversations with your representative, Jorge Cyterszpiler, it appears that there are still important economic differences, in comparison with the offer that the former San Lorenzo has from the Mexican soccer.
    Last edited by tfcmanu; 06-21-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post

I would really like to see an upgrade on Hall to play with Laba in the mid. As you said, a more creative guy and hopefully another young DP who can grow with Laba and the team over a few years. Hall has had a really good season imo, but we know his limitations. We still lack service up front and still create few scoring chances. We need a creative mid or whoever we put up front won't matter. So three would be my preferred route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Argentines...

FC Dallas looks set to add Mauro Diaz from River Plate.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...e-signing-arge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    I'd leave him alone on that one. He's just a kid still. That and the huge amount of US setup pics on Instagram, including the one with him and Klinsmann, to me mean he's spending much more time in the US than here. If TFCA helps change that, awesome.
    He was just at u15 camp in Montreal for Canada as well as playing for Canada against the US in a u17 match last year. He has been asked before and hasn't committed to either. I would think him moving back from Florida to Toronto would make him lean towards Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bottjer / MLS article about TFC's chances of grabbing talent from SA.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...summer-signing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raheem Taylor-Parkes must be good if Arsenal had a look. He's so young, too bad timing probably isn't right for the U17 World Cup around Christmas. Possibly if he was 15 but I don't think he'll even be that old, not sure. No USA option this time either.
    Last edited by nonc; 06-21-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea who #28 that was practicing with Toronto this week is? At first I thought it might have been Gleison Pinto dos Santos because he wore that number for a reserve match a month or so ago but after googling him the person that can be seen on the TFC preview show doesn't look like Gleison Pinto dos Santos. He seems to be taking a shooting drill, so maybe he is forward or a midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting away from big pieces, and onto smaller pieces.
    I want Johnny Steele on this squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Twellman seems to think Carlos Bocanegra might be headed to MLS with TFC at the top of the allocation chain, but not necessarily the club interested.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...a-mls-sideline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont want this shit cb hes slower than frings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Taylor Twellman seems to think Carlos Bocanegra might be headed to MLS with TFC at the top of the allocation chain, but not necessarily the club interested.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...a-mls-sideline
    I can see Carlos Bocanegra realistically ending up at Chivas USA. They're trying to re-brand and re-grow before they get squashed. The hole mexican identity isn't going to work out for them.

I can see them mixing in more California boys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they were going after Luis Alberto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Seattle or Portland wants to jump up ahead of us )or any other team for that matter) what do you guys think a realistic return for the rights to Bocanegra could be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ the most you could get for an allocation if they wanted Bocanegra would be a bench player and allocation. I would expect to get allocation and a draft pick probably.

All matters how high they rank Bocanegra if they really really want him I would expect a team to over pay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    If Seattle or Portland wants to jump up ahead of us )or any other team for that matter) what do you guys think a realistic return for the rights to Bocanegra could be?
    I'd be upset if TFC doesn't get any less than 1st rd pick or a decent squad player
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano