Page 92 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 8618
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Russel can play in multiple positions, and is on a pretty low wage. Imagine if Richter got injured right now, or Hall, we would be pretty stuffed without Russel as backup.
    If any of these mentioned or any other midfielders are signed then Hall is the first to sit. He'd be the back up for Laba and Morgan is still around for FB cover at lower wages than Russell and I would say Morgan is better anyway. The way I see it Russell is a 100K extra spare part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell was getting rounded by USL players when we played Pittsburg. We could not possibly do any worse by rolling the dice on another player.

Argentine names mentioned look somewhat interesting... I'd like it if we had someone in a Laba type mold though... Probably a little more reputable profile than the younger player listed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell is trash. Id take Dunfield over him any day of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I know - thread hijack- I would defend Russell. Scored a wonder goal months ago (puts him ahead of Silva, Lambe, Ephraim and Bostock in the goals scored column). I thought the yellow in DC was harsh and the elbow was not intentional...he's a midfielder who has struggled playing right back. A solid depth player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was on $100K. We pay $100K for depth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ I think he's right either way you want to look at it. LB and RB positions in MLS are generally places where teams skimp. the salaries are less and the quality is proportional to the amount spent.
    Yeah, I was thinking the two were related. Fullbacks play a much more limited roll in MLS compared to other leagues. They're lower priced and lower quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I thought he was on $100K. We pay $100K for depth?
    And we pay $150k plus for a backup keeper!

I know which player I would lose first, and it wouldn't be the one who can play multiple positions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't weedman making over 100K? Russel is a domestic player as well I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Isn't weedman making over 100K? Russel is a domestic player as well I believe.
    No, he was recently resigned this season at a lower wage i believe

EDIT: via players union
    TOR Wiedeman Andrew F 55,000.00$ 65,000.00$

... and to your point, yes, Russel is considered domestic, and does not take up an international spot
    Last edited by Red I; 06-20-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly don't know why Russel is now the hate of the week - Frei, Califf, Weidmann between them make over $300,000 and never play - they should all be on the chopping block before Russel.

And Richter should NEVER get hate, earning $35k. Isn't that almost minumum wage?!?! How does he live in this city on that money?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly don't know why Russel is now the hate of the week - Frei, Califf, Weidmann between them make over $300,000 and never play - they should all be on the chopping block before Russel.

And Richter should NEVER get hate, earning $35k. Isn't that almost minumum wage?!?! How does he live in this city on that money?!
    And when Ecks returns Richter will be a bench sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple; He either lives with family or roommates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KurtLarSUN: Nelsen said club's big target has signed elsewhere. #TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 6m
    Nelsen said club's big target has signed elsewhere. #TFC

Any guesses who that could have been? I hope there's a backup plan because we need a lot of help.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    I know, I know - thread hijack- I would defend Russell. Scored a wonder goal months ago (puts him ahead of Silva, Lambe, Ephraim and Bostock in the goals scored column). I thought the yellow in DC was harsh and the elbow was not intentional...he's a midfielder who has struggled playing right back. A solid depth player.
    Aceval scored a wonder goal against santos... Didn't make him any less trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if that's the "Best player in MLS" target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 6m
    Nelsen said club's big target has signed elsewhere. #TFC

Any guesses who that could have been? I hope there's a backup plan because we need a lot of help.
    Higuain is the biggest name signing of the past few days/there is a need to re-inject interest in the Trillium Cup/Higuain's bro plays for Columbus.

I think it's clear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was Neymar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... who could it have been? Possibly someone of the goal.com transfer list?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/archive/1

What position are we even going for? I'm assuming attacking mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pennant is one of the few deals I can recall already becoming official.

It's okay everyone, Bothroyd's available now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22990739

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy Carroll?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raffael? AM, 28 years old. Reasonable transfer money. Best I can think of.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are multiple targets for players right now. As for the big name, that changed a while ago according to the rumours, so the statement more so says that they are not looking at a big name for the summer window to me.

That being said, things can change in an instant. Nothing is for sure with this team at the moemnt (as if its been any different for the last 6 years).
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    There are multiple targets for players right now. As for the big name, that changed a while ago according to the rumours, so the statement more so says that they are not looking at a big name for the summer window to me.

That being said, things can change in an instant. Nothing is for sure with this team at the moemnt (as if its been any different for the last 6 years).
    I think not looking at a big name is actually progress. I like that Nelsen has stuck with, more or less, the same starting 11 for the past few games. More consistency is helping get better results.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think not looking at a big name is actually progress. I like that Nelsen has stuck with, more or less, the same starting 11 for the past few games. More consistency is helping get better results.
    I agree with the need for consistency, but also think you're being a smidge too generous. Let's not forget that all we did is beat the worst team in the league thanks to an own goal. Our starting XI still stinks, and this weekend, when we play Houston, will show just how far we are from any sort of "better results."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is Fernando Llorente.

Toronto FC were in Spain, and Llorente is an an older (but still young for MLS, at 28) forward looking to make a move. He would also be one of the best forwards in the league and probably one of the best players in the league. My other guess would be Gonzalo Higuain.

If it was an Argentine, than perhaps it was Sebastian Leto. However, all three of these names haven't really been linked to MLS, apart from potentially Higuain but that's only because of his brother.

Unless TFC was chasing Marcos Senna, who signed for the NY Cosmos. That would have been a strange move, indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had a nickel for every impact player that TFC has targeted that got away...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDamage View Post
    I agree with the need for consistency, but also think you're being a smidge too generous. Let's not forget that all we did is beat the worst team in the league thanks to an own goal. Our starting XI still stinks, and this weekend, when we play Houston, will show just how far we are from any sort of "better results."
    Had a good game against Philadelphia too. The first in a long time that I've watched where we actually dominated possession. I'm not saying do absolutely nothing, but sticking with this 11 (give or take) instead of a of hail mary and another crop of loans would be preferable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    My guess is Fernando Llorente.

Toronto FC were in Spain, and Llorente is an an older (but still young for MLS, at 28) forward looking to make a move. He would also be one of the best forwards in the league and probably one of the best players in the league. My other guess would be Gonzalo Higuain.

If it was an Argentine, than perhaps it was Sebastian Leto. However, all three of these names haven't really been linked to MLS, apart from potentially Higuain but that's only because of his brother.

Unless TFC was chasing Marcos Senna, who signed for the NY Cosmos. That would have been a strange move, indeed.
    I like the Higuain thing (which is why I posted it above), but let's be serious. At 20 million pounds plus, TFC was never at that party.