Page 9 of 288 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    Who else is slowly seeing the team come together and become a decent team?
    Still trying to wrap my head around us having 3 players (and spread down the field too O'Dea, Bostock, Earnshaw!) and coach Nelsen in the Week 2 MLS Team of the Week. Throw a productive young Argentine striker into this mix, that could be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Right - Danny's injured right now, for which the solution is to bring on the young Argentine DP to play alongside/instead of Earnshaw as needed. And this Argentine can ONLY come here because Danny's injured. He will take the last and final int'l slot, normally taken by Danny, who's not using it up precisely because he's injured. Once Danny is healthy, TFC will be one over on the international side. I think we're way less likely to dish a younger up-and-comer than to use our buyout on Danny. The writing is pretty clearly on the wall.
    Not clear at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your interested Maximiliano Urruti will be on the bench for 8:30 P.M. as Newell's Old Boys vs. Univesidade de Chile in the Copa Libertadores:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/174523...-old-boys.html

http://espnfc.com/scores/_/league/co...adores?cc=5901

https://twitter.com/CANOBoficial

Could be his last game. Newell's Old Boys don't play again until Sunday when they face River Plate at home.

http://espnfc.com/scores/_/league/ar...entina?cc=5901

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If it all works out as it seems to be going then we should have our best squad, on paper at least, ever.

-------------Bendik/Frei--------------
    --Eckersley--Califf--O'Dea--A.Morgan--
    -------------Cesar-------------------
    --Bostock------Silva------Ephraim----
    ---------Earnshaw--------------------
    ----------------Urruti-----------------

Bench: Bendik/Frei, Russell, Osorio, Bekker, Lambe, Gale A., Emory, Hall, Dunfield, Henry, Wiedeman, Braun.
    where would our 2 dp spots go?????

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else is slowly seeing the team come together and become a decent team?
    I know what you're saying, and I'm starting to feel it, but I've gotten excited by this team too many times before only to be burned. I'd like to see us beat Montreal (or at least scratch out a draw) before I get really pumped for what's in store.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Right - Danny's injured right now, for which the solution is to bring on the young Argentine DP to play alongside/instead of Earnshaw as needed. And this Argentine can ONLY come here because Danny's injured. He will take the last and final int'l slot, normally taken by Danny, who's not using it up precisely because he's injured. Once Danny is healthy, TFC will be one over on the international side. I think we're way less likely to dish a younger up-and-comer than to use our buyout on Danny. The writing is pretty clearly on the wall.
    We can't buyout DK until the offseason so that isn't going to happen.

Why would they get rid of DK before some of the other internationals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    We can't buyout DK until the offseason so that isn't going to happen.

Why would they get rid of DK before some of the other internationals?
    loan taylor morgan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will have to open up 3 international positions over the next couple of months. As was pointed above with the Urutti signing when KM comes off the injury list we need to open an international position up. However, Payne said two more signings were coming right after Urutti. This I assume is the Honduras connection, so this represents 2 more international positions.

Here is the keeper list:
    Eckersly
    O'Dea
    Earnshaw
    Bostock
    Kovermann (assume club will keep him for this season)

Add:
    Urutti
    Honduras 1
    Honduras 2

Therefore can only keep 1 of the next 4 players. Who would you keep?
    Ephraim
    Lambe
    T. Morgan
    Russell.

Could potentially loan out a player but either way they need to be moved off the active roster. As someone pointed out above T. Morgan would be a good loan out candidate.
    Last edited by SKB; 03-12-2013 at 09:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    JTFC will have to open up 3 international positions over the next couple of months. As was pointed above with the Urutti signing then when KM comes off the injury list we need to open an international position up. However, Payne said two more signings were coming right after Urutti. This I assume is the Honduras connection, so this represents 2 more international positions.

Here is the keeper list:
    Eckersly
    O'Dea
    Earnshaw
    Bostock

Add:
    Urutti
    Honduras 1
    Honduras 2

Therefore can only keep 1 of the next 4 players. Who would you keep.
    Ephraim
    Lambe
    T. Morgan
    Russell.

Could potentially loan out a player but either way they need to be moved off the active roster. As someone pointed out above T. Morgan would be a good loan out candidate.
    I agree, Taylor Morgan is the first prime candidate for a loan out as a young player, maybe somewhere in the NASL or USL to get some pro seasoning. Darel Russell is also one of the first to go as he is a an older guy who has been bouncing around at the League One level in England the last few years. Ephraim is a different deal since TFC does not have complete control with his fate.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will have to open up 3 international positions over the next couple of months. As was pointed above with the Urutti signing when KM comes off the injury list we need to open an international position up. However, Payne said two more signings were coming right after Urutti. This I assume is the Honduras connection, so this represents 2 more international positions.

Here is the keeper list:
    Eckersly
    O'Dea
    Earnshaw
    Bostock

Add:
    Urutti
    Honduras 1
    Honduras 2

Ephraim
    Lambe
    T. Morgan
    Russell.

Knowing how KP has worked up until now and the volatility in signing players from South America, I wouldn't be surprsied at all if Urutti wasn't really their target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Interesting that he says they're exploring the possibility of signing Urruti as a non-DP.
    No he doesn't. There are no names mentioned in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have to think that if they are trying to sign the Argentinian as a non DP that they have a plan for the DP slots.

even if it is a lineup of:

Earnshaw
    Urruti
    Ephriam-Silva-Bostock
    Cesar
    morgan-califf-odea-ecks

with better depth than we have seen in a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    have to think that if they are trying to sign the Argentinian as a non DP that they have a plan for the DP slots.

even if it is a lineup of:

Earnshaw
    Urruti
    Ephriam-Silva-Bostock
    Cesar
    morgan-califf-odea-ecks

with better depth than we have seen in a while
    Perhaps they are trying to keep some DP slots free in case they need them when it comes time to renegotiate with Earnie and Bostock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urutti was an un-used sub in today's game for Newell's. He has come off the bench a few times recently and if memory serves he scored one about week ago or so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the keeper list:
    Eckersly
    O'Dea
    Earnshaw
    Bostock

Add:
    Urutti
    Honduras 1
    Honduras 2

Ephraim
    Lambe
    T. Morgan
    Russell.

After discovering yesterday that we actually have 9 Int'l spots, I'm not as worried as I was. There's no need for an immediate move in order to bring in Urruti.

As I see it, one of Ephraim or Lambe will be leaving right in time for Danny K to return.

Ephraim is only on loan until June/July. Once his loan is up, I think TFC will make a decision between him and Lambe.
    If Ephraim has performed well and we can sign him to a permanent deal at a decent cap-hit, then Lambe can be dealt.
    If we can't/don't sign Ephraim, then Lambe stays.
    I wouldn't be comfortable giving up on Lambe until the Ephraim is locked up on a permanent basis.

If we do decide to bring in the long-rumoured two Hondurans, I see no problem dropping Russell.
    At his age, and given the fact he isn't even starting, he was likely never meant to be anything more than a stop-gap until the "cavalry" arrives anyway.

Finally, as many have stated on these boards already, it makes sense to loan T. Morgan out to a lower level team.
    This makes sense regardless of his Int'l spot. If Urruti does get signed, and Koev's comes back, Morgan drops WAY down on the FW depth chart (Koev's>Urruti>Earnshaw>Braun>MORGAN> Bennett).
    There's no point in keeping the kid around if he never sees the field. Better to loan him out so he can gain some experience. The fact that he takes up an Int'l spot just means it makes that much more sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No he doesn't. There are no names mentioned in this.
    Just going off of what's been reported...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder when the signing will be announced

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder when the signing will be announced
    According to the interview with Payne today, he is hoping it will still be this week. So I would imagine Friday at the latest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    According to the interview with Payne today, he is hoping it will still be this week. So I would imagine Friday at the latest.
    and let me guess, they're going to say that they are waiting for a work permit, and then all of a sudden on Saturday morning, they announce that the player could play. Is this some kind of tactic or something so that Montreal wont be ready?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    and let me guess, they're going to say that they are waiting for a work permit, and then all of a sudden on Saturday morning, they announce that the player could play. Is this some kind of tactic or something so that Montreal wont be ready?
    If Urrutti plays in Montreal would be hilarious. He'll probably play against L.A on the 30th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all BS imho.

Here is my theory about what Payne is doing: he is building relationships in South America by helping work the market for agents he knows and trusts. Knowing them is not enough, he needs to show that TFC gets the joke. He is not signing Peralta, or Urruti, or whoever is being leaked in these stories. He has no interest in them at all. But he wants to help their agents. It's how the game is played.

When we do sign a quality South American, it'll be someone out of the blue. Whose representation Payne did a favour for, by letting his name be associated with other players in the stable.

I'll get my hat.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's all BS imho.

Here is my theory about what Payne is doing: he is building relationships in South America by helping work the market for agents he knows and trusts. Knowing them is not enough, he needs to show that TFC gets the joke. He is not signing Peralta, or Urruti, or whoever is being leaked in these stories. He has no interest in them at all. But he wants to help their agents. It's how the game is played.

When we do sign a quality South American, it'll be someone out of the blue. Whose representation Payne did a favour for, by letting his name be associated with other players in the stable.

I'll get my hat.
    Interesting theory. Payne seemed pretty focused on this Urutti kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting theory. Payne seemed pretty focused on this Urutti kid.
    I don't recall him saying Urutti in particular, he just said he wants a deal to be sign in the next few days. So I don't think it has to be Urruti, might be another signing from Britain first?
    Last edited by khso11; 03-14-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all BS imho.

I'll get my hat.
    Bingo. Here's a man who knows his strategy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

It's all BS imho.

I'll get my hat.
    Maybe.

Or.

You've put yourself out there, Ensco. Let's see. I'll call to discuss.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That is not the hat I was talking about
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robbie Fowler to TFC.

(what its been a couple of months since I've floated it, give a NORB a break)

NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it just makes sense to sign Urutti. Earnshaw has a couple years left and koev also. In 3 years Urutti will be playing with our other 3 DP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all BS imho.

I'll get my hat.
    I like your theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an interesting theory Ensco. It's possible, but with all due respect you seem to have a fairly jaded outlook with all things concerning MLSE and its teams, so i can see that you may not trust a lot of what is said at face value. Time will tell if we land this Urruti kid. I hope we do because he seems like a bonafied player and so i guess i hope you're wrong.