Page 74 of 288 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'd add Silva to the shit list. Minus one decent pass to Earnshaw a few matches back he's been terrible. He's probably right behind Morgan in terms of regression. At this point Silva and Lambe are two of the main reasons we get nothing going forward. Both never run at defenders and both are too quick to just dump the ball off with short passes or those dreadful over the top lobs for Earnshaw. They are the recipe for losing possession.

And Hall is another problem but not because of anything he does but rather a questionable line-up decision as putting him in with Laba is a redundancy and without another MF looking to get forward and taking that burden off Silva & Lambe, nothing will get forward. What we need is some Mids who will hold the ball and make some runs at defenders. We have none of that now. Richter tries from the back but he is shite and nothing good will come from him. Until this midfield problem is fixed we will have trouble even keeping up our shitty 1 goal per match output.
    I agree with this post.

KP however said they're getting mids (including a DP mid) in the summer time. So it will be interesting to see who ends up with TFC in the summer and who is let go. I think Earnshaw only worth keeping from loans/temp players on this roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laba looked good to me. He is just feeling his away around now, and I'm sure you will see much more from him. He needs other decent players to work with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Laba was one of the few players who looked decent on Saturday? His job is to get the ball and to keep play moving along. I don't see him as someone who should be a creative force in the final third. When Toronto signed him I was hoping for a player like Claudio Yacob. He hasn't be as influential yet but I am seeing more and more out of him after each game. And wages? His cap hit is $200k, that isn't much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need to realize that Laba isn't going to play to his potential until he gets comfortable here and we get some better players up front so he has someone to pass the ball to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still believe Silva will be traded. Having Osorio in the wings makes Silva expendable. They still need to bring in the creative player to play in the central mid first though. If Silva could be traded for a speedy winger or two it would be well worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I still believe Silva will be traded. Having Osorio in the wings makes Silva expendable. They still need to bring in the creative player to play in the central mid first though. If Silva could be traded for a speedy winger or two it would be well worth it.
    It's funny, everybody is asking for a playmaking AM, but wasn't that meant to be Silva?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Bottom line is that this organization has a bad stench that they cannot get rid of, and every new player that comes in begins to realize it after a few games. I don't know how they can change that. I hate to say it, but these players don't play for the team. Maybe the smell of winning would change that.
    Not that I disagree (the team still has a strong stench of losing), but the thing I most stand in awe of is how bad TFC is at evaluating talent compared to the rest of the league. Other than Chicago, I would straight up swap our roster for any other MLS club’s. And I mean any. We really are something that is close to a second division side that pays first division wages.

The average player we bring is so poor or overpaid it’s almost beyond comprehension. As a point of reference, what did we get out of the entire offseason in terms of solid starters? Earnshaw maybe, but that’s it. Everyone else from that initial window has been deemed backup quality or surplus to our needs, on a team that is incredibly poor. You could argue that Ritcher is a find, but he’s not starting on any competitive squad. We have to do better than that if this club is going to improve.

I’m not sure how things will pan out by the end of the year in terms of wins and losses, but if Nelsen doesn’t tighten up a bit tactically and if the front office doesn’t start delivering more useful players I get the feeling this is a pit we can never dig ourselves out of with this group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Funny how people are saying we should trade Silva now. I have been calling for this for a while.

Silva is an asset who can land us some quality while we can sign a DP AM in the summer time (KP kind of hint that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    It's funny, everybody is asking for a playmaking AM, but wasn't that meant to be Silva?
    Yeah, exactly. He's at the age where he should be providing this now. He shouldn't be the second choice guy there any more. I still like him but he's not the box to box creative midfielder Nelsen prefers. I think he'll do great in another system (which may make us look stupid trading him somewhere down the line).

Anyway, that's still a pure guess on my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Funny how people are saying we should trade Silva now. I have been calling for this for a while.

Silva is an asset who can land us some quality while we can sign a DP AM in the summer time (KP kind of hint that).
    I'm not necessarily saying they should trade him. I only think they will trade him. Nelsen's tried him in so many different positions without finding the right place for him. He's the only guy on this team who could get something of quality back. And Osorio makes it less necessary to be invested in him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Key word is meant. With his slow decision making and poor passing skills, he will not cut it as AM. I always preferred him just off the striker where he can either create for his strike partner or attack the goal himself. I don't think he will ever be a real deal AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everybody on Silva. He should be showing much more at this stage. Generally it doesn't take 2 seasons for a GOOD draft pick to be a regular contributor. Compare him to Maurice Edu who looked impressive right away. Silva has little blips of excellence, and that really isn't enough at this stage of his career. He's probably the type of player who will go to the right team and shine straight away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Luis Silva for winning the "Scapegoat of the Day". Tune in tomorrow to find out the next lucky winner. Holy shit people, yesterday Laba, today Sliva, calm the fuck down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cronin was traded away in his second year after 33 appearances - Silva has 35 appearances. Timing seems about right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You support a bad team people. The answer to our troubles is not to trade away a young player who will (guaranteed) come back here with someone else and show us just how dumb of a move it would be. There are many, many other players that should be let go before Mr.Silva.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True that Silva could become good but, at this point, if we traded him anywhere he would most likely be a bench option. He is no where good enough to start on a good MLS side. Not yet anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    You support a bad team people. The answer to our troubles is not to trade away a young player who will (guaranteed) come back here with someone else and show us just how dumb of a move it would be. There are many, many other players that should be let go before Mr.Silva.
    I'd say the argument is a little different than that. Nobody is suggesting he's crap, but they are saying he has value and that can be converted into something else of value that has more use to TFC. We could pinpoint the good ones we let get away but we traded plenty of bad ones too and held onto plenty of others that didn't pan out. In the end it's about talent valuation and getting fair value in transactions more than anything else. Just because we trade a player who is talented doesn't mean we will ruin the franchise.

IMO what's the difference between Luis Silva and Nick DeLeon? He is considered untradable by DC? There are more than a handful of players that meet this profile in the league, we're just more attached to ours because we're familiar with him. Not all of them will pan out either, I haven't seen enough from silva yet to say he's a sure thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Congratulations to Luis Silva for winning the "Scapegoat of the Day". Tune in tomorrow to find out the next lucky winner. Holy shit people, yesterday Laba, today Sliva, calm the fuck down.
    I do think we need to calm down about trading Silva or if Laba was the right person. I am waiting patiently for a consistent lineup. Measuring people's worth right now is a little unfair due to new people constantly being shuttled into the starting 11 and us expecting them to gel quickly. Realistically we are looking at mid-July on to start seeing where this team is going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bla bla bla give me kaka at CAM for tfc and you can trade silva osorio is quicker and younger with a higher cieling than silva. New wing player and laba to get the ball to kaka will be a thing of beauty. Add osorio in that line up .... up top koev for the end of this year in January bring in rooney tfc smokes most teams in mls with that line up cant wait until I see kaka in tfc red july 15

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Bla bla bla give me kaka at CAM for tfc and you can trade silva osorio is quicker and younger with a higher cieling than silva. New wing player and laba to get the ball to kaka will be a thing of beauty. Add osorio in that line up .... up top koev for the end of this year in January bring in rooney tfc smokes most teams in mls with that line up cant wait until I see kaka in tfc red july 15
    lol....
    what...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay positive it's coming there is a reason why MLSE brought in leiweke . Shit will change and the stadium will rock again. Real soon that is

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay positive it's coming there is a reason why MLSE brought in leiweke . Shit will change and the stadium will rock again. Real soon that is

I refuse to fall for your trickery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you are smoking, please share lol. I would love to have that kind of positive outlook buts its just really hard right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somebody is smoking crack..oops...wrong site,looking for the city hall site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally understand I get negative like everyone else once in a while 7 years of shit teams. The only time things got interesting was the year we got beat by NYRB 5-0. It just feels different this year I hope I'm not wrong. But if what Payne and nelson are saying is true then a couple of impact world class players turn this team from bad to a lot freaking better Kaka is on my list just because leiwenke is a boss that can pull those strings for our club. laba is good and works harder than the leader of men terry dunfield. The turn around is just around the corner .
    Oh yeah I don't smoke but if my theory is correct ill smoke for a week straight when Kaka wears a TFC red kit scores 1 and adds 2 assists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if what Payne and nelson are saying is true then a couple of impact world class players turn this team from bad to a lot freaking better ...
    Better maybe, but not a winning team still. Nelsen has said (and i think Ferguson even stated something similar) that it takes something like 3 transfer windows to turnover a poor team. Arguably the first window wasn't properly pre-scouted - i think MLSE can dangle a big enough carrot to get a world class talent, but it'll be how they build their surrounding pieces that will define success going forward - too many players are just not good enough to start for this team right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva's best role is just behind the striker(s). He does a really good job of combining with them and finding them, even if he is a little slow at times. This year he's looked best behind Earnshaw and Braun with Hall as the lone DM. He hasn't looked that great though when partnered with Earnshaw, but that could be because Earnshaw isn't a combination player and there's no one else for him to pass to up there. That's not to excuse some of his bad play though. I think he could be really good linking up with Koevermans - who can actually hold the ball up and combine.

I think the thinking behind the idea of trading Silva is that he has a higher value than what he's actually worth to us. However, I don't think this is the case. He really hasn't done a whole lot in his career so far to make other MLS teams willing to give up much to get him. I think if we do manage to get someone good, it will be someone who's overpaid. As it is, Silva is good value for his wage, so we should stick with him for the time being

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The average player we bring is so poor or overpaid it’s almost beyond comprehension. As a point of reference, what did we get out of the entire offseason in terms of solid starters? Earnshaw maybe, but that’s it. Everyone else from that initial window has been deemed backup quality or surplus to our needs, on a team that is incredibly poor. You could argue that Ritcher is a find, but he’s not starting on any competitive squad. We have to do better than that if this club is going to improve.
    Could you name some of these players that have been brought in that is so poor and overpaid?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    Can we just get rid of Lambe already? Hes shown nothing, absolutely nothing this year. Waste of space imo. And waste of an int spot.
    100%....AND can't have Hall and Laba on at the same time....s/b osorio at AM , laba DM, DK with (I'll never pass) Earnshaw...( he will once DK gets through with him.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Laba was one of the few players who looked decent on Saturday? His job is to get the ball and to keep play moving along. I don't see him as someone who should be a creative force in the final third. When Toronto signed him I was hoping for a player like Claudio Yacob. He hasn't be as influential yet but I am seeing more and more out of him after each game. And wages? His cap hit is $200k, that isn't much.
    he made some brilliant passes which of course his teamates could handle or weren't ready for. He does need , again an attacking mid to deliver the ball to or effective wings...come strikers, but I'd like to see him as he did in this game from midfield split the d with a brilliant playmaker waiting to draw in the D , then deliver the final pass to our scorers.......ya I can dream can't I

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately not to be, not quick or cagey enough....wish he could capture the wing though. his size and strength would be a plus,