Page 71 of 288 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another day, another brit to mls rumour... today it's carlton (cfc) cole. Apparently LA are interested in him, and he in them. Hmmm... I know it's not technically TFC, but he could do a job for someone in this league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ He's been pretty shit for West Ham. There's a reason why they aren't resigning him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that all these Brits to MLS rumours are agents yapping their gums to raise interest. We are this year's version of the J-League.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^ He's been pretty shit for West Ham. There's a reason why they aren't resigning him.
    became expendable now that Carroll looks to sign for West Ham.

he'd be a good target man striker in MLS. strong, good in the air, good hold up play, causes havoc in the box. never been super prolific scorer but had 2 10 goal seasons in EPL, plus 7 England caps. would be good player for any team that likes to play direct and is only 29 yrs old.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I still think that all these Brits to MLS rumours are agents yapping their gums to raise interest. We are this year's version of the J-League.
    TBF Carlton Cole to MLS rumour has been brewing since the winter
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"became expendable now that Carroll looks to sign for West Ham.

he'd be a good target man striker in MLS. strong, good in the air, good hold up play, causes havoc in the box. never been super prolific scorer but had 2 10 goal seasons in EPL, plus 7 England caps. would be good player for any team that likes to play direct and is only 29 yrs old."

I'd disagree with you there. He's a terrible player. Didn't play much even with Carroll out half the season. His days are done.
    Last edited by Canary10; 05-24-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Canary10;1586727]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    became expendable now that Carroll looks to sign for West Ham.

I'd disagree with you there. He's a terrible player. Didn't play much even with Carroll out half the season. His days are done.
    And I'd disagree with your assertion that he's a terrible player. He's not as good as he might think he is, and certainly not as good as many thought he would turn out to be, but he's not terrible. Having a 10+ goal season in the epl within the last few years shows he has some ability. Just not at the elite level. He would do well in the mls, just as he did very well in the championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a few West Ham fans who'll debate you on that. Suffice to say I'm glad TFC isn't one of the teams mentioned.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a few West Ham fans who'll debate you on that. Suffice to say I'm glad TFC isn't one of the teams mentioned.
    well I'm one of them Hammers supporters

Cole is not good enough for EPL level I agree (even though he played 27 games this season). Scored 15 goals in Championship in 11/12. MLS isn't EPL level and he'd be a good player here. Think Edson Buddle with a bit better technique and finishing

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS is not the EPL. He still has some ability. He won't blow the doors off, but he can play. Remember where Earnshaw was before he came here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I am a west ham fan. But yes, he did divide opinion somewhat... although most hammer fans have taken a liking to him, since he showed some dedication to the club (choosing to take a pay cut when relegated, instead of pissing off for more money). Rare in this day and age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cole is not good enough for EPL level I agree (even though he played 27 games this season). Scored 15 goals in Championship in 11/12. MLS isn't EPL level and he'd be a good player here. Think Edson Buddle with a bit better technique and finishing
    I'll connect you to the ones I know, and you can duke it out (Good season btw. Too bad you're stuck with big Sam though).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cole is better than the majority of "big target men" that are currently in the MLS. I would say he's better than Casey, better than Cooper, better than Hassli. He would do a good job in the MLS, I have no doubt. Is he a "shit player" in EPL terms, sure. But we aren't talking EPL, we are talking the MLS. I'm pretty sure Cooper and Casey would also be described as shit if they were in the EPL, but in the MLS they are excellent forwards! Cooper couldn't make it at Plymouth for goodness sake, but he was then signed by one of the best MLS teams and scored 18 goals in 30 games!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving from EPL to MLS doesn't necessarily mean success either. I'm just glad TFC is not in the conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kurt mentioned that a keeper from Maccabi is at camp...any clue who it is?

to answer my own question,i think its canadian Tomer Chencinski??
    Last edited by reggie; 05-24-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving from EPL to MLS doesn't necessarily mean success either. I'm just glad TFC is not in the conversation.
    agreed, different game.

Good luck getting the service you get on a bottom EPL side on any MLS squad. You have to fend for yourself mostly and be pretty damn predatory. It's a poachers league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    kurt mentioned that a keeper from Maccabi is at camp...any clue who it is?

to answer my own question,i think its canadian Tomer Chencinski??
    There are a couple of things to note - Chencinski is from here, so it's just quite possible considering he didn't get any playing time (save for last game of season) he's eager to get more training in. He's an extremely hard worker and I could picture him just wanting to keep training even when home on a break.
    Last edited by spark; 05-24-2013 at 12:13 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    There are a couple of things to note - Chencinski is from here, so it's just quite possible considering he didn't get any playing time (save for last game of season) he's eager to get more training in. He's an extremely hard worker and I could picture him just wanting to keep training even when home on a break.
    and is a former TFC player, even if he never made an appearance

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another West Ham fan here. I think he's been pretty average to poor playing in the premiership minus that one year under Zola but I thought he had a great season last year in the Championship. I also think there is more to his game than just "hoof it up the big man" and think he could do pretty well in MLS. Keep in mind he is only 29 and and he also a much better footballer than Luke Rodgers who did really well in MLS. He has also matured as player and has a great attitude, I don't think he would come in as someone who thinks he is too good for the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Cole has always been considered a strong Championship striker and I suspect that translates well to MLS although I am not sure there are many examples of top second tier strikers coming to MLS as I suspect most are looking to join top division sides. Cameron Jerome is a similar striker that comes to mind who performed well in Championship and is rather frustrating at the EPL level.

Since were on the topic of Championship goal scoring prowess maybe Nelsen can tap into the NZ connection one more time and look at getting Chris Wood on loan for a time! He can't seem to crack the baggies depth chart but has a great strike rate in the championship and even had a taste of Europa in previous season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is 10 goal scorer 2 EPL seasons in a row a terrible player in MLS?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't this a 'TFC 2013 general player moves/speculation/etc.' thread??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is 10 goal scorer 2 EPL seasons in a row a terrible player in MLS?
    What about 7 in last 2 epl seasons? Worth a shot can we get him on loan? LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcocd View Post
    What about 7 in last 2 epl seasons? Worth a shot can we get him on loan? LOL
    Earnshaw scored 1 goal in 22 games last season he was in the premiership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nigel Reo-Coker scored 3 in his last Premiership campaign and has none this year with Vancouver. Let's stop talking about this (sorry for raising it, as it has nothing to do with the thread subject).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nigel Reo-Coker scored 3 in his last Premiership campaign and has none this year with Vancouver. Let's stop talking about this (sorry for raising it, as it has nothing to do with the thread subject).
    Reo Coker is not a striker, and is more of a DM. Apples and oranges.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You're killing me Yohan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Bostock question has been put to a rest. He's been put on waivers and the loan is done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was he given a fair look? I cant remember him playing his natural position that often.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Bostock question has been put to a rest. He's been put on waivers and the loan is done.
    Expected. Although I wish Nelson would've played him centrally more (you know, his natural position), he never really earned his spot.

This leaves us with 9 of 9 international spots filled when Koef comes back. Earnshaw, Ecks, Laba, Lambe, O'Dea, Koef, Ephraim, Caldwell, Brockie. Ephraim will leave soon to free up one spot and Brockie goes back in August. Lambe and/or Earnshaw can also be released to make more room.