Page 69 of 288 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Guess I'm just not such a believer in Laba yet. Nothing is going to make me believe he deserves that DP contract. I just don't see how this is different then Vitti. I see this going the same way. Not to say Laba isn't a good player he's just might not be someone that can play the style of the MLS. Time will show but still not liking any of these signings. Loans or not. Should be looking at building a long term contender. If we're going to be losing and not getting results I would much rather have academy and younger players getting the experience and learning the game.
    IMO laba has been great improving with every game and growing with confidence. Seens to me like he tries his hardest on every play cant say the same about other tfc players. Love this player!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not on the expecting him to score wagon. I know what he's here for. Not expecting him to even score one.

I just don't see his skill set working with this team. He's far to technical for the players and pooch ball style were playing. He's going to be a victim of our circumstances. Not his fault. Just think it was probably the worst time to bring in someone like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    IMO laba has been great improving with every game and growing with confidence. Seens to me like he tries his hardest on every play cant say the same about other tfc players. Love this player!
    Oh for sure havnt seen a work rate like that since Barrett. And even Dunfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not on the expecting him to score wagon. I know what he's here for. Not expecting him to even score one.

I just don't see his skill set working with this team. He's far to technical for the players and pooch ball style were playing. He's going to be a victim of our circumstances. Not his fault. Just think it was probably the worst time to bring in someone like him.
    Not really.

If you parse what KP has been saying, Laba is one piece in a type of setup that we don't have yet, but should have by the end of the summer signing period. We are playing hoof ball because Laba, and others, do not have outlets to pass to. Lambe, Bostock and Ephraim all are not good at getting into spaces to pass to; Osorio is only slightly better. Silva and Convey are that sort of player (although I suspect Convey likes to whine). And other players who work to get into space will be getting here.

Laba makes sense when you think of him as fitting into a scheme this team will play toward the end of this and into next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah and I see that he has a overall plan which is nice to see. Just the guys he's brining in outside of Laba don't fit that system. Really not going to see it until the summer transfer window. Then we will have a clearer view of where this team is going. Right now looks like the bus is just sitting on blocks with the pedal to the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephraim is back at QPR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder there's no release from TFC saying so as of yet anyways. Not surprised.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cochrane: "Ephraim is still a TFC player, and has no plans of returning to QPR"

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why is Cochrane putting out statements?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is leading this sh*t show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Cochrane: "Ephraim is still a TFC player, and has no plans of returning to QPR"
    its a joke people..QPR must be in the shits to bring him back..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    QPR must be in the shits to bring him back..
    Not really. QPR is a Championship side now and they need players like Ephraim to fill out the roster at lower wages. They can't have a team full of overpaid floaters like Bosingwa next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephriam is heading back to QPR.

@24thminute: @BuSaPuNk @JohnMolinaro @jasondevos They indicated that he's going back, yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. Ephraim had a negligible impact while he was here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guy looked like he couldn't be arsed half the time. Too bad - he seems to have some natural talent, but yeah, he treated this like a vacation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reading some of his pass tweets...he seemed more pissed when QPR lost then when we lost..
    tks for coming out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah and I see that he has a overall plan which is nice to see. Just the guys he's brining in outside of Laba don't fit that system. Really not going to see it until the summer transfer window. Then we will have a clearer view of where this team is going. Right now looks like the bus is just sitting on blocks with the pedal to the floor.
    So far only Laba is really a "long term part of the plan". Nearly all the other signings are stop-gaps to fill out the roster until we get all the other pieces of the puzzle. I'm thinking Caldwell might be here for a season and a half, and I think he's solid enough as a CB. Convey has some talent and some skill and could be a piece of the puzzle - he's a guy who likes to recieve a ball, run onto it, and create, and I see no reason why Laba spraying first time balls to Convey on the wing isn't part of the wider plan. Otherwise Earnshaw, Bostock, Lambe, Braun aren't really part of the long term plan.

Laba is a good starting point, and we just have to think of him as a player who WILL fit into the style of play we WANT to play, not how we play now. But you have to put a puzzle together one piece at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    So far only Laba is really a "long term part of the plan". Nearly all the other signings are stop-gaps to fill out the roster until we get all the other pieces of the puzzle. I'm thinking Caldwell might be here for a season and a half, and I think he's solid enough as a CB. Convey has some talent and some skill and could be a piece of the puzzle - he's a guy who likes to recieve a ball, run onto it, and create, and I see no reason why Laba spraying first time balls to Convey on the wing isn't part of the wider plan. Otherwise Earnshaw, Bostock, Lambe, Braun aren't really part of the long term plan.

Laba is a good starting point, and we just have to think of him as a player who WILL fit into the style of play we WANT to play, not how we play now. But you have to put a puzzle together one piece at a time.
    Assuming Laba is just one piece that TFC builds around it seems that there is most likely another 3 transfer windows required to assemble the starting quality being looked for. Certainly hope there will be much better roster continuity from this season to next but there will still be several pieces required and I question whether that could be fully delivered before next summers window.

If there is a 'special' rule in the works that could see 4 DPs fit into the cap system that might accelerate the process. If the rules allow for ~1MM of the roster to go to DPs maybe the system evolves to allow a mix of 1 or 2 full DPs and 2 or 3 young DPs at discretion of club?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    Ephraim is back at QPR.
    http://instagram.com/p/ZlMNszEp5_/#

Ephraim is seen training with the club today, Nelsen confirmed in interview...

I'm guessing he's here until July, as per the loan agreement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might still be here but the club has said he's going back. At the end of the loan, now, who knows. To me if you know he's as good as gone cut your losses now and send him back and terminate the loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might still be here but the club has said he's going back. At the end of the loan, now, who knows. To me if you know he's as good as gone cut your losses now and send him back and terminate the loan.
    ... But why not keep him until the Transfer Window? It's not like anyone of quality out of contract is breaking down the team's door (at least not yet), and considering the team is doo-doo on the wing position, might want to keep him for depth, until there is a need for cap-space, which there isn't right now
    Last edited by Red I; 05-21-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true just don't see him doing much when he's getting the playing time would much rather have the guys moving forward get the time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    ... But why not keep him until the Transfer Window? It's not like anyone of quality out of contract is breaking down the team's door (at least not yet), and considering the team is doo-doo on the wing position, might want to keep him for depth, until there is a need for cap-space, which there isn't right now
    Or just to have the body there for scrimmage. If the only additional cost is the food he eats, well, that is pretty minimal
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its possibly a good PR move if they let him stick around. They are giving him training sessions instead of just cutting loose, going forward he might just be training with the club. I believe TFC let other players train for a few weeks in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just posting this as a FYI - Simeon Jackson has been released by Norwich City

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Just posting this as a FYI - Simeon Jackson has been released by Norwich City
    He would have to be without a club in August for us to get him as a non-dp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to trade Frei. What do you think we could get in return. A fullback? A backup keeper and a draft pick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    I would like to trade Frei. What do you think we could get in return. A fullback? A backup keeper and a draft pick?
    I thought when Robles was playing piss poor for New York we could send him there in return for a key player. Frei + $$$ for Dax McCarty? But uh we're way passed that fantasy and I like Frei to much to want to see him traded before he breaks 100 appearances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    Probably about the same amount we gave up to get Convey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    I thought when Robles was playing piss poor for New York we could send him there in return for a key player. Frei + $$$ for Dax McCarty? But uh we're way passed that fantasy and I like Frei to much to want to see him traded before he breaks 100 appearances.
    It would probably take three Freis plus some money to get Dax McCarty. He's a top player in this league. No way New York would make that trade, even when Frei was starting.